Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Except we don't because no one has had hands on with the system or knows its hardware spec.
    Anyone with a brain can guess what the specs are for a mobile unit likely priced in the $300 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except we do.

Kool aid drinkers thinking 4GB ram and mobile APU is going to match current gen systems. The kool aid drinking is getting pretty ridiculous.

This system is less a PS4 powered handheld and more so a Wii U powered handheld. Hell, I actually doubt it will play any games in 1080p like the Wii U did rarely.
    Have they officially confirmed 4GB of RAM? I know those were part of a few of the leaked spec rumors, but haven't seen confirmation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Have they officially confirmed 4GB of RAM? I know those were part of a few of the leaked spec rumors, but haven't seen confirmation yet.
    Hes talking about of his ass again. No hardware spec has been confirmed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No, but there's been multiple rumors of 4GB of RAM only, and given that the docking station provides no power boost and the size of the tablet, that seems pretty accurate. Just wondering if it's officially confirmed yet.

Deleted
    Be very likely 4GB, since this is a tablet, to utilise 8GB, you physically require 8x1GB modules which will make it hard to physically fit, a number of discrete GPUs operate this way unless it will use Dram but even then you need Vram so very likely a homogeneous solution like the PS4/XB1 had.

No, but there's been multiple rumors of 4GB of RAM only, and given that the docking station provides no power boost and the size of the tablet, that seems pretty accurate. Just wondering if it's officially confirmed yet.
    Ya and there has been multiple of other rumors that has now been proven not true.

Kinda why its best to not assume and just wait and see.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Read the posts above. It doesn't need to be confirmed.

It's plain as day what the specs of the system are to anyone who even watched the video. Zelda looks identical(potentially even worse, hard to tell with off screen play possibly being the reason it looks like ass) to the Wii U version. Skyrim looks like the 360 version. NBA2k is the last gen version graphics wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Be very likely 4GB, since this is a tablet, to utilise 8GB, you physically require 8x1GB modules which will make it hard to physically fit, a number of discrete GPUs operate this way unless it will use Dram but even then you need Vram so very likely a homogeneous solution like the PS4/XB1 had.
    Oh don't get me wrong it is likely, but once again nothing confirmed. I don't expect this to be Ps4 (OG) good at all. I am not going to assume anything about it.

Waiting for people to get hands on and for myself to get hands on.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the posts above. It doesn't need to be confirmed.
    Ya it does.

Is there a good chance its 4gig? Yep but we don't know if its 4gig and what the ram and CPU/GPU run at and so on until its confirmed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-20 at 09:37 PM.

Ya it does.

Is there a good chance its 4gig? Yep but we don't know if its 4gig and what the ram and CPU/GPU run at and so on is until its confirmed.
    Only to silly people like you. It's like you needed mario kart and splatoon to be confirmed to release on the system in some form as well LMFAO. Obvious is obvious.

Also want to take the time to laugh at the people thinking the dock would provide extra juice to the system when it was OBVIOUS it never would. People never cease to amaze me when they try to act like you can throw away all logic just because you need "confirmation". When there is enough evidence to go past probable cause guess what... you get convicted.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks promising, even more so than the Wii U but I feel like this is just going to end up another gimmick that people will soon get over after a while. I mean who is really going to take an expensive thing like this out in public and play their games on it? With how the world is these days someone will just come right up to you and snatch that thing right out of your hands. Another thing is how big it is. At least to me it looks like it would be an inconvenience to carry that thing around. I mean it's not like you can just put it in our pocket you'd need like some small backpack or something to carry it around. I don't know, I just don't find all these scenarios they show in the Switch introduction videos to be realistic as I'd imagine most people use their 3DS when they go out since it's more mobile friendly. This would only be good if you're going to a friends house or something and you don't want to bring over your whole console. To me it just doesn't seem all that mobile friendly as they show it. I don't know, then again maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am wrong and this "Switch" finally becomes the Nintendo console people have been waiting for, what I have been waiting for.

I just hope the Pro controller comes with the console as that is the only controller I'd be using. That block looking controller just looks too weird, uncomfortable, and unviable to me. The two mini controllers when playing 2 players on the go also just looks uncomfortable. Again a really neat idea but who is really going to go to a public park and play a two player game when they can play it on a big screen at home and with full size controllers? First of all if you're going out to a park shouldn't you be doing non-video game stuff? Who goes and plays basketball and then whips out their Switch to play a basketball video game? Like I said unrealistic scenarios. I know it's just showing off the different ways of playing but how many people are actually going to use it for anything other than home use? To me all these mobile features just seem unnecessary as I would probably never use them unless I'm going to a friend's or relatives house which is the only cool part about this.

The other thing that is bothering me is once again the launch titles. So far I have only seen Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Just Dance '17. Not very impressive if you ask me. I'm sure there will be more than that but if they don't get more launch titles the Switch is going to end up like the Wii U which I hope doesn't happen. For the longest time I've been waiting for a Gamecube 2 and this looks like it would be the closest thing so I sincerely hope this one does well. I will probably end up getting the Switch despite my gripes about it but not right away like I did with the Wii U, that was a mistake. So far it's just seems like a decent console with a lot of unnecessary gimmicks which Nintendo is known for these days.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Only to silly people like you. It's like you needed mario kart and splatoon to be confirmed to release on the system in some form as well LMFAO. Obvious is obvious.

Also want to take the time to laugh at the people thinking the dock would provide extra juice to the system when it was OBVIOUS it never would. People never cease to amaze me when they try to act like you can throw away all logic just because you need "confirmation". When there is enough evidence to go past probable cause guess what... you get convicted.
    Ya silly people like me who don't assume shit based on rumors.

I do agree anyone who though the dock would give extra power was a fool, That would have made the system cost a fuck ton more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    This looks promising, even more so than the Wii U but I feel like this is just going to end up another gimmick that people will soon get over after a while. I mean who is really going to take an expensive thing like this out in public and play their games on it? With how the world is these days someone will just come right up to you and snatch that thing right out of your hands. Another thing is how big it is. At least to me it looks like it would be an inconvenience to carry that thing around. I mean it's not like you can just put it in our pocket you'd need like some small backpack or something to carry it around. I don't know, I just don't find all these scenarios they show in the Switch introduction videos to be realistic as I'd imagine most people use their 3DS when they go out since it's more mobile friendly. This would only be good if you're going to a friends house or something and you don't want to bring over your whole console. To me it just doesn't seem all that mobile friendly as they show it. I don't know, then again maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am wrong and this "Switch" finally becomes the Nintendo console people have been waiting for, what I have been waiting for.

I just hope the Pro controller comes with the console as that is the only controller I'd be using. That block looking controller just looks too weird, uncomfortable, and unviable to me. The two mini controllers when playing 2 players on the go also just looks uncomfortable. Again a really neat idea but who is really going to go to a public park and play a two player game when they can play it on a big screen at home and with full size controllers? First of all if you're going out to a park shouldn't you be doing non-video game stuff? Who goes and plays basketball and then whips out their Switch to play a basketball video game? Like I said unrealistic scenarios. I know it's just showing off the different ways of playing but how many people are actually going to use it for anything other than home use? To me all these mobile features just seem unnecessary as I would probably never use them unless I'm going to a friend's or relatives house which is the only cool part about this.

The other thing that is bothering me is once again the launch titles. So far I have only seen Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Just Dance '17. Not very impressive if you ask me. I'm sure there will be more than that but if they don't get more launch titles the Switch is going to end up like the Wii U which I hope doesn't happen. For the longest time I've been waiting for a Gamecube 2 and this looks like it would be the closest thing so I sincerely hope this one does well. I will probably end up getting the Switch despite my gripes about it but not right away like I did with the Wii U, that was a mistake. So far it's just seems like a decent console with a lot of unnecessary gimmicks which Nintendo is known for these days.
    We take our expensive phones and laptops out into the world.
    Hey everyone

I saw the video for this, is this supposed to replace the Wii U entirely? Honestly the trailer was kind of all over the place and from the video it didn't look any better than a Wii U, if anything the graphics looked worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I saw the video for this, is this supposed to replace the Wii U entirely? Honestly the trailer was kind of all over the place and from the video it didn't look any better than a Wii U, if anything the graphics looked worse.
    Nintendo has stated it won't replace the 3DS or Wii-U. My money is that it will if it sells well enough.

But who knows.

Nintendo has stated it won't replace the 3DS or Wii-U. My money is that it will if it sells well enough.

But who knows.
    Ehh they said that about the DS and the Gameboy and now the Gameboy is a relic and the DS line of systems is here to stay for the foreseeable future (unless the Switch is actually replacing THAT as well....and they are just consolidating their console and handheld markets....)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its cartridge based. Is it possible that the cards are going to do more?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well we don't even know that if it would.

That entirely depends on how well Nvidia handles their software, since it seems like Nvidia is the one handling the API, which actually is a bad thing. It means that Nintendo doesn't have full disclosure of the architecture in use and can be limiting, this was the issue I was foreseeing when I saw rumors of Nvidia being the supplier if it was true. Their Denver cores do NOT use ARM instruction set architecture (ISA), it uses a custom "Denver" ISA which can accept ARM but recompiles it to Denver ISA to run. The other question is the CPU side and well, if anything about their mobile power use, it'll be a power hogging and underperforming SoC which is a bad thing for the mobile aspect.

As for 3rd party, since it's using a completely different CPU and GPU architecture and ISA it'll mean more work for porting to Nintendo configuration, I doubt it'd be that big of a deal though.

That's... actually pretty bad if it's the actual hardware/software running. I don't mind 30 FPS personally, but that's a consistent 10-15 FPS.

Personally speaking. Concept wise I'm completely fine with it, it's pretty much like the PS TV / Vita interaction where you just sync the data across the platform and play on TV essentially, a bit more fuss but the same idea. The main and biggest thing I worry about is the hardware spec, not the power of the hardware, but the power consumption. The Google Pixel C's Tegra X1 uses 14W~, compared to the 10W~ from the competition, and Parker (Tegra X2) is using 2x Denver2 core + 4x A57 (power hungry and under performing) cores. Nvidia calls it Super.big configuration which really means that their Denver cores are going to be way higher power consumption.
    Didn't they stop using Denver cores after the Tegra K1?
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

10+ Year Old Account
    They have confirmed the custom Tegra processor... So its pretty weak in processing power. I would assume the GPU is of comparable power (or lack thereof).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post

Best to wait and not to pre-order like a total you know what.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am skeptical that this isn't just another gimmick. At least the premise is far better than more wiggly sticks and arm waving, but I still think this is just a hardware cash cow where they want you to buy a million accessories just to play one game even remotely as well as they displayed in that commercial. And it's definitely not going to be as powerful as the newest consoles, so other than trying to get 'non gamers' into more serious games, I don't see the point.

I'll just buy BoW on WiiU and be done with it. Hopefully my wife doesn't force us to buy this. :-/
    BAD WOLF