Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Beating up someone doesnt equal death.

well just from this video they attacked him, for no reason he was walking peacefully on the sidewalk. They had no cause to stop him. Then they tasered him repeatedly. then once the victim was on the ground around 3 mins the officer kicked him and started beating on him still tasering the guy. At around 4:50 they removed his hand from her hand and yet still tasering the guy and stating that he has her hair? so yea its all in the video you be the judge. Did they really need that many cops to take down one man. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    How, exactly, am I wrong? There are people in professions that have literally hundreds of concussions across their lifespan and they ultimately aren't ended or addled by one. Also, concussions are rarely permanently damaging. Unless you have literal proof of such a claim stating the lethality of the average concussion and the fact that the cop was conscience and was completely coherent after the fact. Not only that, but the cop wasn't alone and all members of her force knew how to detect and treat concussions.
    "After the fact" doesn't matter. We aren't discussing whether we should shoot him now.

And you've not even given any proof of anything at all. I've at least given links about concussions (you know, with actual information)

Again, say it with me: LONG TERM EFFECTS. Treating her concussion wouldn't save her from other issues down the line.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    The issue is that, its easy to say that NOW. AFTER it happened. You don't know what could have happened. "What ifs" normally aren't important, but in cases like these they are.
    "What ifs" aren't a reason to shoot people. If that were the case, cops would be shooting people for a lot more "what ifs."
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

No, that isn't the case, literally, absolutely no one has brought proof to the table for this claim. Why should I subscribe to an opinion that has no proof?
    You still haven't given me a straight answer to my question. Do you or do you not think concussions can kill someone?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that, its easy to say that NOW. AFTER it happened. You don't know what could have happened. "What ifs" normally aren't important, but in cases like these they are.
    Indeed but I'm still wondering exactly when in that video did she think it was appropriate for her to shoot him? They fell and that was that, there was no "PCP roid monster rage" of pounding her head into the pavement repeatedly they both just fell in the struggle to take down a tweaked out user and once he was on the ground it was easier for the police to apprehend the guy.

It blows that she knocked her head in the fall but when was the time that she was supposed to shoot? When her and the suspect got into a struggle and her partners were standing behind the guy? I see no point in which it would have been safe.

I don't get why we're even arguing about it! This is a best case scenario of a suspect resisting and assaulting officers yet both parties live with (to my knowledge) a injury she'll recover from.

"What ifs" aren't a reason to shoot people. If that were the case, cops would be shooting people for a lot more "what ifs."
    Not really taking what I said with the context.

well just from this video they attacked him, for no reason he was walking peacefully on the sidewalk. They had no cause to stop him. Then they tasered him repeatedly. then once the victim was on the ground around 3 mins the officer kicked him and started beating on him still tasering the guy. At around 4:50 they removed his hand from her hand and yet still tasering the guy and stating that he has her hair? so yea its all in the video you be the judge. Did they really need that many cops to take down one man. Really.

as far as the OP.... Shooting this degenerate gang banging brute would have been 100% justified
    Really... No proof the guy was on anything. No cause for arrest or even stopping the guy. Yet they assaulted him. Maybe you would like cops coming up to you on the street and tasering yourself for no reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, those law directly and complete reinforce my entire point, including the ones that you, yourself, linked.
    The point I countered was your claim that "Lethal force is only valid if there's a risk of death", which is patently false. Pay attention.

They are not always life-threatening, though.
    It doesn't need to be life-threatening. A concussion can qualify as "serious bodily harm". And preventing "serious bodily harm" is justification for the use of lethal force. This really is a pretty basic concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Indeed but I'm still wondering exactly when in that video did she think it was appropriate for her to shoot him? They fell and that was that, there was no "PCP roid monster rage" of pounding her head into the pavement repeatedly they both just fell in the struggle to take down a tweaked out user and once he was on the ground it was easier for the police to apprehend the guy.

It blows that she knocked her head in the fall but when was the time that she was supposed to shoot? When her and the suspect got into a struggle and her partners were standing behind the guy? I see no point in which it would have been safe.

I don't get why we're even arguing about it! This is a best case scenario of a suspect resisting and assaulting officers yet both parties live with (to my knowledge) a injury she'll recover from.
    You're right, I have no idea when she thought she might be able to shoot either. Maybe she just meant she feared using her gun in general, I don't know. I've just discussing the lethality and seriousness of concussions.

7+ Year Old Account
    "After the fact" doesn't matter. We aren't discussing whether we should shoot him now.

And you've not even given any proof of anything at all. I've at least given links about concussions (you know, with actual information)

Again, say it with me: LONG TERM EFFECTS. Treating her concussion wouldn't save her from other issues down the line.
    Again, where is the proof?

You say that a maybe (a concussion, in a rare instance can be permanent damaging) that is after the fact counts, but a maybe (concussions usually don't have permanent effects), after the fact doesn't count. Seriously, which is it? Yes or no. Maybe doesn't work if you don't subscribe to the notion when it's presented.

She was conscience, she was responsive, she had backup, everyone there (minus the assailant, of course) knew how to treat her condition and could, including herself.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, I have no idea when she thought she might be able to shoot either. Maybe she just meant she feared using her gun in general, I don't know. I've just discussing the lethality and seriousness of concussions.
    Well last thing I'll say is concussions are serious, regardless but they're not always life threatening. Regardless if a cops life is truly in danger and they need to defend themselves then go ahead and shoot, I have no qualms with that. It just puts a bad taste in my mouth to look back in hind sight and say "Man, I should have shot him but... BLM" when you're alive and they're going to face serious jail time for assaulting an officer(s).

Again, where is the proof?

You say that a maybe (a concussion, in a rare instance can be permanent damaging) that is after the fact counts, but a maybe (concussions usually don't have permanent effects), after the fact doesn't count. Seriously, which is it? Yes or no. Maybe doesn't work if you don't subscribe to the notion when it's presented.

She was conscience, she was responsive, she had backup, everyone there (minus the assailant, of course) knew how to treat her condition and could, including herself.
    Where is your proof? You've given nothing. Concussions usually don't cause permanent side effects... according to whom? You just keep repeating, "nuh uhn!" ... that means nothing.

Concussions are 'life threatening' in the same way that a cut is life threatening. Under normal circumstances, not at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've just discussing the lethality and seriousness of concussions.
    This is the part that you need proof of when it come to being the precise reason for shooting someone. Concussions are rarely permanently damaging to a notable level and even more rarely fatal or even devastating to a person's life. You need to prove how something as incredibly common as a concussion, one, mind you, is enough to still be perfectly functional in such a situation, is validation to shoot someone on the spot for no other reason.
    ~~ ~~

Where is your proof? You've given nothing. Concussions usually don't cause permanent side effects... according to whom? You just keep repeating, "nuh uhn!" ... that means nothing.
    She's right, they don't.

tasers are for idiots. might as well shoot them because if you happen to kill them with a taser the city pays a million dollars minimum anyway. one less dumbass on pcp to worry about also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Well last thing I'll say is concussions are serious, regardless but they're not always life threatening. Regardless if a cops life is truly in danger and they need to defend themselves then go ahead and shoot, I have no qualms with that. It just puts a bad taste in my mouth to look back in hind sight and say "Man, I should have shot him but... BLM" when you're alive and they're going to face serious jail time for assaulting an officer(s).
    Yeah I agree. But I think the point that many people are trying to make here.. is that she is lucky to be alive and well. It easily could have been worse for her. So when is it okay to shoot? Should her partner wait until he can see brain matter? Does an officer have to die before a gun is used? Its easy for us to judge things now, after the the fact. Its easy to say "well look, she is fine!" But this isn't a turn based strategy game. Its not chess. We can't freeze time and say, 'Well, Officer Smith has only taken 10 damage, and she still has 90 health left, so shooting isn't necessary."

If a man that is apparently on PCP is attacking you while being tased.. isn't that enough to bring the question forward? "Is it possible this man could kill me or cause me serious bodily harm?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    She's right, they don't.
    Thats not proof. And again, it means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    She's right, they don't.
    Well that's all the proof I need.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This is the part that you need proof of when it come to being the precise reason for shooting someone. Concussions are rarely permanently damaging to a notable level and even more rarely fatal or even devastating to a person's life. You need to prove how something as incredibly common as a concussion, one, mind you, is enough to still be perfectly functional in such a situation, is validation to shoot someone on the spot for no other reason.
    I'm waiting on your proof.