Thread: New Ban Wave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone have any actual facts on this? is it targeted at honorbuddy again? I hope BG bots are included in this wave.

I saw 5 or 6 bots out in suramar this morning herbing starlight roses. All had names like kjhkjhkh , and when attacked they just auto attacked. If a node popped up off their programmed rout, they ignored it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I already made my millions of gold, my army hasn't been touched yet, but it's no problem if it does. Will just make new ones.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Who cares? 7.1 will dump prices anyway.
    I dont think 7.1 will impact prices that much, or for a long time. There is not as many people using alts for professions so its a decreased supply and still a increase in demand. Time will tell
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Who cares? 7.1 will dump prices anyway.
    They will go down for a little bit, but once everyone uses up their bloods, prices will go back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by almaderp View Post
    Don't talk unless you know what you are talking about, it was hundreds of people on purple griffins gathering herbs. Whether they are still there or not remains to be seen.
    A bot cannot make you fly. Red bull does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    I already made my millions of gold, my army hasn't been touched yet, but it's no problem if it does. Will just make new ones.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I like the way you think, my friend ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    rofl. that was not botting. that was a rare dragon that u can mount & kill people from above.
    LOL! A dragon flying over stormheim on a wind rider in his "goblin form" - I love it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Just heard about a new ban wave going out. Anyone got screen caps from salty botters?
    Does nobody care for the innocents caught In the storm of ban waves? At least 1/3 of all those ban waves are actual innocent people who Blizz thinks are botters, but just get caught In the blast wave and are considered "Ban casualties" for the greater good of the game and so on... their strict bans are so strict, many, many innocent players get banned and that's one of many factors that push the subs down... Blizzard not being able to take care of their own loyal and non-botting players.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    rofl. that was not botting. that was a rare dragon that u can mount & kill people from above.
    It depends on where they saw it. If it's in the PvP area with the animals then yeah. If it was anywhere else then it wasn't the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Just heard about a new ban wave going out. Anyone got screen caps from salty botters?
    Well if <Insert Random Animal Here><Insert Random Word for "Group" Here> pops up, we'll know a banwave went out.

If new DDoS script kiddies come from this, really hoping we see Horsegang, or Toadtroupe.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Does nobody care for the innocents caught In the storm of ban waves? At least 1/3 of all those ban waves are actual innocent people who Blizz thinks are botters, but just get caught In the blast wave and are considered "Ban casualties" for the greater good of the game and so on... their strict bans are so strict, many, many innocent players get banned and that's one of many factors that push the subs down... Blizzard not being able to take care of their own loyal and non-botting players.
    Except if they were legitimately innocent they just put in a petition and Blizzard reverses it. If they don't then usually the other person isn't telling the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    lol it always makes me crack up when half the threads are of people complaining that flasks/pots are too expensive and the other half are of people happy that bots are getting banned. People never really seem to realize that the price of materials often near-double right after the ban waves since the vast majority of materials are created by bots. I used to have a spreadsheet lying around reguarding the number of herbs on the AH at any given time for a few weeks after the last major ban wave they dropped to like 30% the volume and the price skyrocketed.
    But you can actually find more herbs while farming if there are no bots taking every spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I'm not a fan of the price of pots but I'm much more annoyed by herbs in front of me disappearing right in front of my face because a bot train jut hit them.
    Actually, that may not be even a bot but the new resource node tech, which starts a despawn timer after the first player picked up the resource, so other people can harvest the same node too. You may be just unlucky, if it despawns right in front of you.

Ah the fun thing about statistics randomly tossed out with zero facts to back it up. They're 100% right all the time tho. If you're truly innocent they reverse the ban, they have many many many ways to see your in game metrics so lets not act like so many "innocents" are falling thru the cracks here.

Deleted
    Does nobody care for the innocents caught In the storm of ban waves? At least 1/3 of all those ban waves are actual innocent people who Blizz thinks are botters,
    Yeah...sure...the rate of innocents is probably nowhere near that high.

Considering that bot ban waves will be going off of tripped Warden detection I say your full of shit and your friends who are loudly proclaiming their innocence got what they deserved.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah...sure...the rate of innocents is probably nowhere near that high.
    Not to mention that it isn't even that big of a deal if you are actually innocent and got banned for "botting". Me and a friend of mine were both banned once for botting and we never even touched a bot. We simply contacted a GM and as an apology we got some free game-time, so all was good!

He explained that it was some sort of bug with their 'bot-catching system' (or whatever it's called). I have to admit though, my heart stopped beating for a second when I saw that my account was perma-banned after all those years playing. This was during late Cataclysm if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Actually, that may not be even a bot but the new resource node tech, which starts a despawn timer after the first player picked up the resource, so other people can harvest the same node too. You may be just unlucky, if it despawns right in front of you.
    I get what you're saying but for what it's worth on more than one occasion I've seen the bots. The change in tech is decent enough though because at least if one of them zooms in on me 5 seconds before I get there I can still pick that one. (unfortunately its also why botting has become more profitable as it's gone from just botting to bot training for 5x the profit for the same amount of work)

LOL hey look it is that guy that shows up from time to time getting angry over being banned. I still love how you made up multiple BS stories and people linked those threads to you to catch you in your lie! Good times. What is it this time? Your brother tied you up and demanded the passwords and then harassed some girl?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2016-10-21 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post
    On [redacted] forums ban section there seems to be threads popping up. Starlight rose farmers mostly. Good stuff.
    Don't we want more herbs in the economy though ? I know I get frustrated when I see one but really the herbs they sell on the AH would hopefully lower the price, even a bit. If so then they help my guild raid more then I do on the terms of consumables.