Poll: ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nope. She lives with me for the money saving we can do.

Yes.

I live with my Mom and I'll be 30 in July. Moving out is too difficult since I collect SSI on mental disability. ... It's complicated.

I'm starting to think she lives with me since she's not here very often and I pay for some of the bills and food with my SSI.

Finding any real place to accommodate myself around these parts is expensive. Rent is expensive and finding anything beyond that is even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Moved out and into the dorms 13 years ago. Since then, graduated twice, and somewhere in there moved to a "party" house for a while, and then a handful of places with 1/2 roommates.
    if you write a book, ill read it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 32 and live with my wife. we're newly wed, but we've lived together for a few years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Moved out when i was 20, moving back in with them in about a month due to they needing some help around the house and garden (they're old)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    if you write a book, ill read it.
    It'd probably get reallll boring after college. "And then I got a job and did basically the same thing every week." There's some real quality shenanigans that happened during college, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I moved out the year I turned 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It'd probably get reallll boring after college. "And then I got a job and did basically the same thing every week." There's some real quality shenanigans that happened during college, though.
    you're clearly a pessimist

I'm 25 and still live with my dad, he raised me on his own since I was 6 (mother passed away), we're both goofballs and when I got older the father-son relationship transformed into more of a friend/father-friend/son relationship (if that makes any sense) so neither of us were really annoyed with the other to a point that one of us wanted to GTFO and if anything we keep each other company should our personal relationships go sour. He works as a professor at Colorado Mesa University.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynara View Post
    how long???
    Considering the average mental age of most of us (me included) is around 5... Not that long?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yep, because Im still job searching and they need the help. Although I really want to be on my own again soon but cant happen until i get a non min wage job.
    Come live with me! I have the intertubes, and Cable TV!

Nope been living with my gf since jan of this year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Where is the option for living in a different country?

No, I moved out many years ago.
    We lived next door to my parents for a few years though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Considering the average mental age of most of us (me included) is around 5... Not that long?

- - - Updated - - -

Come live with me! I have the intertubes, and Cable TV!
    I would, but I assume the guy I'm seeing wouldn't think that a good idea

What with having been in you for a few months and all.

Deleted
    21 years old, I have been working for 2 years, I am living with them and I don´t see myself going out anytime soon. Maybe if I have a girlfriend I might move out but otherwise is just a waste of money.

I live in a house with my siblings and it's pretty alright. I miss my parents, though.

Honestly I've gotten along with my parents just fine in life, I was going to move out a year ago but my mom was still unemployed and my dads company got bought out and he took a sizable cut in pay. I decided to stay here cause I get along with them, I do my own thing and I pay them $1000 a month to help out and I buy the groceries. They're not in a good financial position so I'm staying here to help them and my younger brother who has two more years of high school, hopefully by the time he's out I'll buy my own house and have him move in with me and my parents will be all set by then. I just hit 25 a month ago, I'm not sure why people would be ashamed about living at home, I was raised with family first no matter what.

I left home twice before age 18; I moved out for good at 16. I have been 100% on my own since age 18, and have worked since age 16. I put myself through school.

It is the reason why I believe there is no reason that NEETs living at home should exist, unless you have some sort of disability. There's enough work out there for you to support yourself as an adult. I am not that old and I survived (while putting myself through school) during the worst economy since the great depression.

Deleted
    No, I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I left home twice before age 18; I moved out for good at 16. I have been 100% on my own since age 18, and have worked since age 16. I put myself through school.

It is the reason why I believe there is no reason that NEETs living at home should exist, unless you have some sort of disability. There's enough work out there for you to support yourself as an adult. I am not that old and I survived (while putting myself through school) during the worst economy since the great depression.
    You deserve a medal, I think.

I moved out at 24, now 27, with my girlfriend and cat. We now have 4 cats... but I love them all :3... Jynx, Chalupa Batman, Marceline, and Handsome. Living with my family was rough, glad I'm out. We were always poor due to how they spent their money and bleh bleh. I wanted a better life and got tired of picking up the slack and being their savior...

10+ Year Old Account