Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    There is nothing paranoid about people being racist shits making jokes about others based on ethnic stereotypes. That's been commonplace in all my life because of my mother being thai.
    Trying to think of a race that doesn't have a stereotype and that people don't joke about. So far, I am drawing a blank.

OT: I think a lot of what you see on the internet are just people trolling to get a reaction. I have no doubts there is plenty of trash, I am just saying I think there almost as many who don't really believe what they are saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Trying to think of a race that doesn't have a stereotype and that people don't joke about. So far, I am drawing a blank.
    That doesn't make it any less racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Must... not... make... jokes about Thai hookers... :P
    Don't you dare mock masseuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it does.
    If i hate black people i'm a racist, if i hate all people i'm a misanthrope.

Honest question, do you know there is a difference between racism and stereotype?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Honest question, do you know there is a difference between racism and stereotype?
    There is no difference. Stereotyping based on race or ethnicity is racist.

How can you even talk about racists being bad when you are one yourself?
    See this is why people think you're a cultural marxist and why they hate SJW's

You've watered down the word racism. Racism is bad because you have a world view that treats people different based on arbitrary characteristics.
    Racism is bad because it leads to people beating others just because of their race
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYDHa31HiaQ

racism is bad because you refuse to hire some one that can be better then every one else showing up at the interview simply because he was born wrong

Racism is bad because people set houses on fire and burn croses in front of said house just because the person living there was born wrong

Yet people like you water this down and turn it into the idea that racism is about making jokes.
    Even if the person who says the joke doesn't hate the minority he is joking about. Even if the joke is funny BECAUSE its so ridiculous and the people laughing can be "how can any one think like that" which is the punch line.

If the definition of racists is now that of people who go around and make jokes, then you've just made them seem like harmless individuals and it means they pose absolutely no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    See this is why people think you're a cultural marxist and why they hate SJW's
    There is no watering down. I'm just calling people what they are - racist - if they enjoy jokes based on racial or ethnicity stereotypes. If you were anti-racist, you would call the people out making the jokes, you don't sit there and enjoy them. At best you're being an insensitive ignorant asshole and at worst racist.

They are two different things. Racism is generally a belief that someone is inferior to you based on their race (or yours). A stereotype is just a generalization of a particular group of people.

So by your definition do you think almost all Black comedians are racist? Because almost every one I have listen too, their comedy revolves around the difference between white folks and black folks.

There's a difference between light-hearted poking fun at stereotypes and flat out racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not a week goes by that I don't tell Al Golden to go fuck himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Laughing when someone else tells a joke using that stereotype doesn't mean you believe the stereotype is true. It means you understand that it's a stereotype and can then get the context of the joke. If someone tells a joke about all Asians being good at math and you laugh, it doesn't mean you believe that all Asians are good at math.
    There is no watering down. I'm just calling people what they are - racist - if they enjoy jokes based on racial or ethnicity stereotypes. If you were anti-racist, you would call the people out making the jokes, you don't sit there and enjoy them. At best you're being an insensitive ignorant asshole and at worst racist.
    Inaction about something that happens doesn't make you a racist or ignorant. There's an option between "racist" and "anti-racist". That option being "not racist". I certainly don't believe that all Asians are good at math, but I'm not about to go and stop someone's joke on it. Sure, your words "insensitive" and "asshole" might be true, but those are entirely subjective personal feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Of course it does.
    If i hate black people i'm a racist, if i hate all people i'm a misanthrope.
    To be honest, misanthrope is just another racist, really. It's an all encompassing super-racist. Thus, we have proved, GoblinP is the Supreme Racist. Well, if he hates all people, that is. I'm automatically assuming everyone is a misanthrope these days, people think it's hip and trendy to say that... to other people they are quite fond of and want to impress with the fake cynicism about humanity.

I am not making any friends here, am I? Fuck... I'll leave you be. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Laughing when someone else tells a joke using that stereotype doesn't mean you believe the stereotype is true. It means you understand that it's a stereotype and can then get the context of the joke. If someone tells a joke about all Asians being good at math and you laugh, it doesn't mean you believe that all Asians are good at math.
    But we all know they are. That's because the Japanese have invented tiny supercomputers that can be implanted INSIDE THE WOMB. They basically come out the birthcanal doing differentials...

Shit, and I actually thought that was funny. But now she's going to tell me I'm being racist. Fuck this. I hate not being allowed to be silly when I want to.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    So why not correct them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I have yet to find the value in having a twitter account...

The study at hand doesn't confirm that.
    There's plenty of worth, but you don't have to.

OT: Kinda wonder how many people don't really know about Twitter not being bought yet. It's not as well known as people think(The it not doing well that is).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To be honest, misanthrope is just another racist, really. It's an all encompassing super-racist.
    Well i'm a swede, we think an ISIS flag is not hate speech because they hate everyone, not any individual group.
    I feel like trying for that one as a misantrophic supremacist, if i'm just abundantly clear we literally hate everyone we should be okay.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    So why not correct them?
    Because I don't care what they really think? It's not my job to correct what other people think.

7+ Year Old Account
    So why not correct them?
    Because they told a joke, they didnt make a statement they seemingly are deadset on being 100% accurate about.

Because I don't care what they really think? It's not my job to correct what other people think.
    that, and you'd have an easier time shaving your testicles with cheese grater

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Well i'm a swede, we think an ISIS flag is not hate speech because they hate everyone, not any individual group.
    I feel like trying for that one as a misantrophic supremacist, if i'm just abundantly clear we literally hate everyone we should be okay.
    I'd be cool with that. I'll still come visit my aunt, cos I like Sweden. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Because they told a joke, they didnt make a statement they seemingly are deadset on being 100% accurate about.
    Sometimes it's the ambiguous nature of jokes that make them funny.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    People use Twitter to say bad words? It's almost like the anonymity of the internet let people say stupid shit for fun without the fear of repercussion.
    Twitter is no where near as bad as the OLD Aol chat rooms, and BUlletin boards where
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam