Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Try to immagine what happens when we'll get the first mages with both the Shard of exodar and Marquee bindings with way more then 70% crit and high mastery.
    Yea let's balance the class around a combination of items that 98% of the communtiy won't have for months to come - possibly not even till the end of the expansion. Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    If they want to nerf the bracers ... nerf the bracers. This is even worse for people without the legendary.
    Yeah it doesn't look like a good balance if they're attempting to rein in the highest end Fire mage parses (which all have the bracers). They should be tweaking the legendary bracers. A nerf like that will be painful to every mage without that legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    Yeah it doesn't look like a good balance if they're attempting to rein in the highest end Fire mage parses (which all have the bracers). They should be tweaking the legendary bracers. A nerf like that will be painful to every mage without that legendary.
    Overall, there's far more powerful legendaries than pyro bracers when looking at other classes. The nerf to pyro seems ridiculous without real world results imo.

Nobody knows how fire is going to scale going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Yeah some casual shitty Frost DK on a 5 minute kill is right up there with the best Unholy DKs in the world in nearly 4 minute kills. I can't read logs and Frost is dead last, worst DPS in the game. 100%.
    So probably you linked wrong log because on the linked one there is very good frost dk (96% perf, rank 3) who destroys very bad unholy dk (8% what??). So pls link the log you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adclaw View Post
    PERFECT;notthing else to add
    +1 /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ellsian View Post
    my logic is p.s. shouldnt mages be on the highest end of parses anyways? wasnt this always blizzards arguement during wod?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfiyah View Post
    Hmm.. Pyro gets nerfed by 6% but theres 2 6% Pyroblast relic in NH.. HMMMMMM

Feel like the nerf would get mitigated somewhat. You get 1 6% Arcane and 1 6% Fire relic in NH, even on paper that seems a little OP right now especially with LG wrists. 6% is a good nerf but its too soon to be scaling for NH
    The relics are +2% pyro damage, not +6%

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Yea let's balance the class around a combination of items that 98% of the communtiy won't have for months to come - possibly not even till the end of the expansion. Genius!
    It's retarded i know, but that's the way Blizzard foresee class balancing.

The spec tune-down was bound to happen anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    OK, so you have nothing to show. Just wanted to establish that. Let's move on.
    same goes for you. Yeah, let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    same goes for you. Yeah, let's move on.
    Maybe, but he did ask you for what you had to show and then you repeated what he said. Repeating him isn't a counter argument. Try answering his question before proposing a new question.

His attitude makes sense to me. If you want to ignore his question why should he give you the time of day to answer yours?

Getting caught preaching false information based on false personal beliefs is no fun, so his defense mechanism triggered - "you show me your data first".

But data is readily available and confirms what everyone involved even a bit in theorycrafting knows - there is no such thing as "insane fire scaling" https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...aled&boss=1841

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Maybe, but he did ask you for what you had to show and then you repeated what he said. Repeating him isn't a counter argument. Try answering his question before proposing a new question.

His attitude makes sense to me. If you want to ignore his question why should he give you the time of day to answer yours?
    Care to read my previous replies, please?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Getting caught preaching false information based on false personal beliefs is no fun, so his defense mechanism triggered - "you show me your data first".

But data is readily available and confirms what everyone involved even a bit in theorycrafting knows - there is no such thing as "insane fire scaling" https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...aled&boss=1841
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=90

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=95

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...841&dataset=99

Fire it's consistently on the higher end of the spectrum. Which is what i said.
    More so on NH.

Be aware of the "higher end".

you could be a bit more accurate when you cherry pick stuff around the web, anyway.

p.s.: Are we considering Fire as a "dedicated" ST spec, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    I'm probalby just stupid, but why do you state pyro taking a 6% nerf? Why isn't it 24%?
    You're right about your assumption. Math is the way to go.

Thanks for re-linking my own link, confirming fire scales on par with many other specs in game.
    Glad I could help you with some actual data.
    Now go into simcraft, plug NH gear in, and observe no changes.

On par with "SOME" of the other specs. Not everyone of them is up there.

Again, the most important question: is fire supposed to be a dominant ST spec?

Because we know Blizzard won't grant a spec to be strong in every area.

You mean shadow priests, right?
    You mean you missed the part where spriests got nerfed in basically every single spell? Hunters are also getting nerf to aimed shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Gotta love that top 1% frost DK doing less damage than a bottom 44% shadow priest, never mind how he's billions of miles below the mere top 3% rogue.
    a 44% shadowpriest who is nearly 10 item levels below him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    If you have ring/wrists/head I guess, yeah, you can make up with those. If you didn't get blessed with BiS legendaries, you don't have any tricks but an attempt at flawless play and spreading big Ignites when it matters.

Are we at the point where we balance a spec around having 2 BiS legendaries? Cause I have cleared each difficulty each week, and Mythic done a week ago as well, and I only have CC ring and shoes, while the other mage has prydaz neck and koralon scorch thing.

It's not like we can do anything to suddenly transform them into proper legendaries can we...
    We have the same legendaries! Twins! At least the cc ring has good stats on it, the boots are just garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    At least buff fireball a bit to have more sustained dmg outside combustion
    on a side note, lv 90 talents are totally useless for single target, LB is a dps loss and so is flame patch, the only viable option is UM and does laughable dmg, yesterday on mythic ursoc it was doing 1.x% dmg

P.s. how about using living bomb and applying it when ursoc's shadow spawns? Anyone who tried this?
    Seems like a pain in the ass and you'll only ever get 1lb off per spawn so you're likely going to do more damage with UM anyway. Extra work for no gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You mean you missed the part where spriests got nerfed in basically every single spell? Hunters are also getting nerf to aimed shot.
    you forgot the part where they got 10% dmg buff to shadow form and void form, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by scwasp View Post
    Mages do really well without any legendaries though. However when you get one or two or the best legendaries, that's when you see stuff like Rikh from nihilum who leaves everyone trailing by ludicruous margins.

Everyone agrees priests are OP, even the priets lol. You can't go "look at this class that everyone agrees is too strong, we should not get any nerfs because this class is too strong!"
    But it's so shitty to play I can't stand it. Absolutely worst iteration of shadow priest gameplay yet. Hell I find it less fun to play than the paladin rotation and good lord am I eating my shoe for thinking their couldn't have been a less clunkier spec.

It's honestly obvious Blizzard will swing the axe to S.Priests.

We don't know yet how they'll manage it, tho.S2M design is cockblocking them on how to deal with the spec
    Prolly they will try to mess with mass hysteria; considering a 120s VF equals to 120% damage to the dots without taking account of the immense haste buff and ToF sub 35% and the 100% uptime.

All in all, the relative power of Fire compared to the other specs will pretty stay the same as now.

It had to happen. The burst was too noticeable and get enough people bitching for something that worked just fine. I work my ass off to get my fire numbers. Anyone who down plays that is naive.
    But all fire has is burst, the sustain is dogshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    I'm probalby just stupid, but why do you state pyro taking a 6% nerf? Why isn't it 24%?
    bcoz you need to differentiate between spellcoefficient getting reduced and how much that will be in dmg, 24% is how much the spellcoef was reduced where as 6% is the overall dmg reduction, so if you would deal 100k pr pyroblast, you would then deal 94k after the nerf, as dps we only really care about the effect and in this case the effect would that pyroblast would deal 6% less dmg than now.