Thread: Civilization VI

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdE0p2joJw
    That's a pretty damn cool video, which makes me think it would be amazing to see some epic film made of the journey of mankind. Like, three hours of the entire (and accurate) history of the human species, and drop in just a small thread in there much like the father and daughter in this trailer, and then the ancestor (girl) later on, to tie it all together. There have been some films like that in the past but nothing quite that would do our species justice, for good or bad.

Also, spoiler alert. Sean Bean dies, again.

Isn't that kinda touched on in Cloud Atlas? I read the book (but I didn't really "get it") but haven't watched the film; but it seemed to be one of the themes, or at least different points along mankinds journey, but linked...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like watching quill18 play Civ6. Man I don't have good production at all, I think I will build some more farms and a campus. I can't do it. There is industrial zones for a reason. The same goes for a lot of other media players.

Only two days, that's all I need to wait.

There was an AI game going on twitch (just about finishing now, https://www.twitch.tv/2k)

And its raised some pretty alarming points for me.
    First off the Lead AI developer said that he has never seen the AI win a dominion victory, and the most capitals fallen has been 3.
    And later on they talked about how the leader agenda's make them much more focused on winning themselves rather then stopping whoever is ahead. Which stops them from ganging up on people.

Overall the game was incredibly passive with only 2 wars happen. The first involved someone taking over a city and giving it back in a peace deal shortly after and a second between the same 2 factions where one side lost 2 cities. It was just turn after turn until the AI that got ahead in the midgame inevitable won.
    (King difficulty)

The passivity combined with archers/warriors running around in the Modern age. Pillages improvements for 100+ turns while a builder idles nearby and more makes me think this might be the worse AI that Civ has ever had...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Doesn't sound any different from previous versions. AI vs AI just highlights the stupidity, but otherwise same as always. I mean I'd love to see a competent AI that could make me forget I'm playing against the computer, but the moment Firaxis delivered that they'd be making bigger headlines than IBM has in the past.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2016-10-20 at 07:26 PM.

I was watching Quill18 stream today against the AI on Immortal level. Got zerg rushed after pissing off America and he quit after 40 turns as he was about to be wiped out by the Americans and Kongo. Basically the AI is a lot more aggressive in the early game because there is no warmonger penalty in ancient times. Quill restarted and is now holding his own. Not attacking anyone but not pissing anyone off enough to be attacked. Can't wait to try myself at 9 pm PST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    I was watching Quill18 stream today against the AI on Immortal level. Got zerg rushed after pissing off America and he quit after 40 turns as he was about to be wiped out by the Americans and Kongo. Basically the AI is a lot more aggressive in the early game because there is no warmonger penalty in ancient times. Quill restarted and is now holding his own. Not attacking anyone but not pissing anyone off enough to be attacked. Can't wait to try myself at 9 pm PST.
    I predict Russia will be very weak in the base game then, since they are designed around the strategy of grabbing as much land as possible early. Spread that thin next to a potential few warmongers will make them a very easy target.

Well, this is nice.

Deleted
    I am so freaking hyped for this game man!! Can't wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vexet View Post
    I am so freaking hyped for this game man!! Can't wait for it.
    I played for about 4 hours (until 1 am then I remember I need to work in the morning). Very fun so far with Rome on Prince. I lucked out and got put on small continent with no other civs but with four city states. I found out that even though barbarians are very aggressive, city states are just as aggressive in fighting them. They saved me a lot of warfare just by "protecting my flanks" against barbarians on the edges of my land as I expanded. The districts are an nice addition since it really makes you think on how you'll be placing and updating your city. Here's a nice cheat sheet I grabbed from the Civ subreddit.

Reviews look good.
    Downloading as we speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know it released today otherwise I would have downloaded it overnight...or at least earlier this morning.

Deleted
    I heard they removed coop/preset teams in MP? But whyyy.

10+ Year Old Account
    £50? I don't get it, when did a new game go from £39.99 to £49.99? The game could be the best ever but I'm just going to wait until its at least £30.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    £50? I don't get it, when did a new game go from £39.99 to £49.99? The game could be the best ever but I'm just going to wait until its at least £30.
    Burgers used to cost a penny. Inflation does that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Burgers used to cost a penny. Inflation does that.
    Yeah, I could understand that if every game cost £50 at launch, but that doesn't happen. Civ 2 is probasbly my most played strategy game, I'd have jumped at this for £40 (after reading reviews of course) but not £50 thats obscene.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-10-22 at 08:18 AM.

Afaik Civ games were always this "special". Try allkeyshop.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much CIV VI is diffrent than from CIV V? I consider buy CIV VI because it is my favorite series, so that's why i asking.

I spended on CIV V 127 hours and i got lots of fun playing it.

Deleted
    If this hadn't dropped around the same time as the new Stellaris expansion/BF1, i'd have picked it up for £50.

That said, you can get it for around £40 on Kinguin or G2A, if you're willing to use those sites.

Deleted
    Yeah, I could understand that if every game cost £50 at launch, but that doesn't happen. Civ 2 is probasbly my most played strategy game, I'd have jumped at this for £40 (after reading reviews of course) but not £50 thats obscene.
    If you're in a situation where a one-time expenditure of a measly £10 more is that much to you, perhaps you should not buy games. I mean, I definitely understand complaining about a difference of double the price, like if a game used to buy 50 and now costs 100, then sure.

However, if you look at new AAA games in Steam, they're (and have been for years now) pretty much at the 49,99€ to 59,99€ range (£50 == 56€). Seems absolutely like a regular price to me.