Thread: Legendary Neck

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How's that? He literally said he would take health over dps and that's idiotic if you're a dps.
    Even though, as has been repeatedly pointed out, a number of world firsts were obtained by stacking defense on DPS in various fashions (rogues over other melee, Tol Barad trinkets, etc.) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The neck is actually one of the better "general" legendaries.

Again, I am referring to current content since we're talking about current legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

You're really fucking stretching here now. We're talking specifically about gear that gives you a very negligible amount of benefit when it comes to survivability. It's extra and just a crutch if anything because it's not needed whatsoever. Using the abilities given to you is not comparable. Sure yeah, if it did something like "heal your entire raid for a million health" Or "you become immune to damage for 5 seconds." Or something actually significant, you could maybe make that argument but even then, if it's a dps loss, no one would fucking use it because good players wouldn't need that extra crutch, they can stay alive easy enough with the abilities they're given.

Do you gem and enchant for stamina on your dps characters or expect other dps to do so?
    You referring to current content doesn't invalidate the point: Non dps boosting items have constantly been used to kill bosses. The trinket I linked was forced by raid/guild leaders on their guilds and it does not boost dps. The legendary neck is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Even though, as has been repeatedly pointed out, a number of world firsts were obtained by stacking defense on DPS in various fashions (rogues over other melee, Tol Barad trinkets, etc.) ?
    I already brought up the mirror and he goes "I'm talking about current content!"

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    dont bother, its endless. gl on mythic to them.

yes, talking about current content does invalidate the point because we're specifically talking about legendaries. At first it was even specifically the neck legendary with the shit heal it gives but even looking at all legendaries that point is invalid. There is not a single legendary with a significant enough survivability bonus that's worth it to use with a dps loss.
    No it doesn't at all. You didn't need it in old content just like you don't need the neck in current content. However, both the trinket and the neck can easily help the raid get through bosses during progression. And by saying you're focussed only on legendaries.... what other legendary do you have that you're putting there? The OP is about ONLY HAVING THIS ONE therefore no we are not talking about legendaries.

Stop replying if you're only going to put your fingers in your ears. I'd love to talk to your guild and raid leaders(assuming you have one with that attitude) and let them in on this thread.

You've been told by several people that it is in fact common practice in guilds to use things that are defensive on DPS even if it is a slight dps loss.

Keep the discussion geared toward the topic and eliminate the personal attacks please.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    all necks and rings have no main stats except stamina..this is legion..l2play
    that was his point.

ilvl doesnt matter much if it gies 2 bad stats instead of 2 good ones on a neck due to the lack of mainstat.

l2read

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    God. Is this really the raiding IQ that years of LFR have created?
    There is an enormous benefit to the player and the raid from the healing. Is it the best legendary? Nope. Does it still have legit value? Yep.
    funny since i dont do lfr at all. but maybe you should understand what i meant instead ?

Quote Originally Posted by heasy View Post
    Got the legendary neck for my first legendary as a mage. First thing I tried to do was disenchant it. Can confirm this is not possible. /quitwow
    Gratz on ur incoming 2nd and 3rd legendaries from the still-open bug. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That's the point. So no matter what the Ilvl is, you go for the neck with the best stats for your spec since the Ilvl increase doesn't matter with no main stat. That's what he was saying, l2read.
    The ilevel increase leads to a direct increase in the amount of stats, and for almost all specs, sans a couple, secondary stats are close enough together that a legendary neck with worse secondaries on it, but a socket and a bonus effect is ABSOLUTELY going to be better than an 865 or less with better stats. Especially if you raid mythics and have no other legendaries to equip. If it's a matter of hitting a haste cap, fucking get it somewhere else. Not equipping your only legendary when it's going to help you survive better in progression and still give you a higher increase in overall stats is retarded. /endfuckingthread

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The ilevel increase leads to a direct increase in the amount of stats, and for almost all specs, sans a couple, secondary stats are close enough together that a legendary neck with worse secondaries on it, but a socket and a bonus effect is ABSOLUTELY going to be better than an 865 or less with better stats. Especially if you raid mythics and have no other legendaries to equip. If it's a matter of hitting a haste cap, fucking get it somewhere else. Not equipping your only legendary when it's going to help you survive better in progression and still give you a higher increase in overall stats is retarded. /endfuckingthread
    Thats simply not true. That neck is just not good for quite a few classes.

You're better off deleting the character and hope that you get a better one on your next try.
    It'll no doubt be faster that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Thats simply not true. That neck is just not good for quite a few classes.

You're better off deleting the character and hope that you get a better one on your next try.
    It'll no doubt be faster that way.
    You're wrong. lol. But okaaaaayyyyy.

You're wrong. lol. But okaaaaayyyyy.
    No, I'm not.

I wish it upon all my enemies.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The only bad legendary is Sephuz's Secret, the one I got. /cry
    Same here, it feels bad man.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

bigger item level = more stamina = more survivability = healers have it easier = less people die = more dps

I got myself a legendary today. Sure, it's only aggramars stride...but...still. LEGENDARY PEEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonfilter20 View Post
    Everything that needs to be said has already been, so otherwise. Grats on getting a legendary, I can imagine a lot of people would prefer to be in OPs situation than having not got anything yet.
    No, i got the crap ring. Would rather not have a legendary and have my misery timer help me towards an actual legendary

Nah this is wrong as hell, many classes have VERY high disparity in values of stats. For example, the stats on the legendary neck compared to a double haste crit neck that is level 850 is about a 24% decrease in worth for shadow priest. The only realistic way to use this neck for spriest is to hit the haste BP WITHOUT ~1.2k haste from a neck (obviously necks/rings are the biggest source of secondary stats, so losing one with the stat you need is very detrimental). At current ilvls, you'd need to be about 875 with gear that's all a majority of haste to be able to do that, which is unrealistic for nearly everyone, even most mythic raiding spriests wouldn't accomplish that, considering there are very few good pieces for them in EN (ie: no good helmet, which could account for up to 1k haste if you get lucky in a mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    bigger item level = more stamina = more survivability = healers have it easier = less people die = more dps
    How many situations is 40k hp going to save you? The chances are so slim it's completely negligible, this logic stupid cause you could just counter it with

more dps = shorter fights = healers can increase their throughput by being less mana conservative = more survivability

We have a DH who got it and he tried it out in a mythic and it accounted for 12% of his healing.

Still unsure as to why people think it sucks or it's worthless. I'd chalk it up to it not being class specific and people just parroting their friends giving it a bad name.