Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I really don't understand what's so criminal Not said that everyone is jumping on him, in my opinion he was right on the money and delivered what was asked from him. All 3 did fine really, so I seriously do not understand all this nitpicking here.

I mean there are some small things I do not agree with them about, but that's kinda my thing and I believe it is good to have your own opinion, what's not good is to somehow turn that opinion in some sort of fact, that often makes one look "uninformed", just like OP.

As a side note, I believe Not's contribution was most important, because he is the one that brought up an important point many warlock players do not realize - how tanky we are and how it is actually fine to stand in some of the shit and not run around like headless chicken from every little circle spawning under your feet.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-20 at 10:18 PM.

I mean, all three of the guests mocked the demon skin and demonic circle talent swap and blizzard's contradictions on doubling down on strengths.

They were not yes men, saying everything was fine. They just said the warlock specs are competent. Pyro didn't like destro's problems with pooling, Terryn has been pretty vocal about affliction's weaknesses.

People are just looking for something to be upset about, these forums can be so exhausting to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You may not be informed, but Demon Skin hardly even matters in raids, most of your stacked absorb is happening simply because of baseline Soul Leech and passive absorption such as Destro Mastery or Demo SL. Because you DPS the crap out of things, you stack shield insanely fast so all one will effectively lose is 5% extra HP worth of shield cap, that's all.

And whatever it is - Dark Pact stays and it's absolutely insane really with it's 1 min CD and in between having 2 million shield or 1.9 million shield... well it does not even really matter.

I'd argue, we will avoid even more damage anyway simply by the grace of the fact that we will have Demonic Circle back, which will allow us to get out of shit at a press of a button.
    I was purely referring to the amount of shield he could stack and not effective and practical utilization of absorbs. Grimoire of Sacrifice users are still going to get a hefty shield from Dark Pact but Demo's in particular are not however its not a big issue in regards to overall sturdiness in PvE but I believe it is quite a big issue in PvP (and general annoyance of having weaker tanking pets for solo projects). It creates PvP implications that not many seems to care about around here.
    I'll reiterate, double shield was a bit overkill for demo's in PvP but I do not believe demonic circle/1 extra CC is exactly evening out our hardcasting issues + losing 1 type of shield. Demon Skin mattered a lot in PvP when fleeing/chasing pillar huggers who would run around until their burst was ready etc. (having a snare or more castable spells during movement such as DE or Dreadstalkers would help a lot as going "zoo" as demo is less effective when our dots/pets have to run chase around corners)
    Ah fuck it, lets see how it'll "work out" in 7.1 and we'll see whether or not my concerns were close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by herpsderpsanon View Post
    well I completed 7/7 mythic tonight, cenarius got ganked and xavius two hours later. I think im completely in agreeance of how Not says that warlocks are good and can just literally stand in shit asmuch as we want.

450k Absorb shield from the passive regening shield, and a 1.4mil Absorb on a 1 min CD paired with 40% dmg reduction just makes me not literally give a single fuck about abilities in mythic since they won't even go through my shields.

2.4m HP and 2m Absorb shields +40% damage reduction is what we have at 875 ilvl ish.

On the subject of mobility, we have Demonwrath to cast WHILE RUNNING , I have no problems with moving from shit to somewhere else and casting Demonwrath to gain shards or lifetap during this time. Recasting doom, applying Darkglare, movement we also can completely plan, and ignore mechanics as I pointed out earlier because of we are tanky as a Rhino.
    Untill 7.1

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    I wouldn't be in the least surprised if final boss/Not was sent a script from blizz's social media management dept. It's far too close to their rhetoric and it's fairly common for successful youtube channels to be approached by companies to support their product or position.

t. ex-social media PR.
    tinfoil hat much? Lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

People are just looking for something to be upset about, these forums can be so exhausting to read.
    Frankly this is the major problem here. Yeah we started off in a pretty dismal state before the initial pass of damage. Ever since then, outside of aff in pure single target, the specs are in solid position. The major issue right now, frankly, is that the fights in EN are really terrible for aff in terms of mechanics and just heavily favor destro or demo. A lot of that is changing with NH, and a few extra buffs that were getting in 7.1 puts us ok in a "numbers" perspective. The spec still plays like complete horseshit on single target thanks to effigy.

Everyone needs to really get off of this "Warlock is bad" circle jerk, because we really aren't as a whole... Except for aff :^)
    Last edited by Terryn; 2016-10-21 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    tinfoil hat much? Lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Frankly this is the major problem here. Yeah we started off in a pretty dismal state before the initial pass of damage. Ever since then, outside of aff in pure single target, the specs are in solid position. The major issue right now, frankly, is that the fights in EN are really terrible for aff in terms of mechanics and just heavily favor destro or demo. A lot of that is changing with NH, and a few extra buffs that were getting in 7.1 puts us ok in a "numbers" perspective. The spec still plays like complete horseshit on single target thanks to effigy.

Everyone needs to really get off of this "Warlock is bad" circle jerk, because we really aren't as a whole... Except for aff :^)
    Now now mr special snowflake Terryn

You are right though. Aff single target is crap and 7.1 won't fix it. The idea of effigy, granting a 2nd target to multidot is solid, the way that it acts like a totem at your feet without UI help and problems with multiple locks is a problem. Keeping 6 DoTs up + UA/DL does make it a frantic exercise and I personally go for Absolute Corruption most of the times when I pick Siphon Life. It still feels like the DoTs are a bit on the weak side compared to DD options other classes/specs have. A normal 14s Corruption DoT is basically a spell with a 14s CD when we are single target, but with the weakness of delayed damage. I feel delayed damage should deal more damage compared to direct dmg as DD is more useful then DOTs.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Who said anything about authority? But being in a top tier guild and being ranked in the 95+ percentiles on all the MYTHIC fights would suggest that the person knows what hes talking about.
    Nah man, dont you know how this forum works?
    Everyone here knows better than all the top warlocks out there.

The only top warlocks that count are the ones that say that warlocks suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    So long as you don't look too hard at how much better other classes are

Taken on their own warlocks aren't awful, well except affliction anyway, it's just that there are other classes around that are so much better

And very few that are worse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Nah man, dont you know how this forum works?
    Everyone here knows better than all the top warlocks out there.

The only top warlocks that count are the ones that say that warlocks suck.
    I think it's mlore of a case that you have to be a top warlock to make warlocks work. It's fine to say you can get as much out of a demolock as you can a fire mage (which you probably can't anyway), but you also have to look at how they play comparatively.

A superskilled played like those in top mythics probably find no class "harder" to play than any other, but that's not true of the majority of the playerbase. Demonology for example is just way more demanding, and it is far easier to fuck up - and man, it really punishes you if you do fuck up. At all.

Then you add in all that bullshit about having to swap talents around all the time and the way that warlock talents seem so damn binary, it's be aoe or single target, whereas plenty of people have all-rounder, versatile specs where they don;t need to change talents or where giving up an aoe for single target to minmax is no big deal because it's only a couple of percent either way anyway

So great, the top warlocks in the world can make it work, but that doesn't mean that warlock as a class is above criticism or that it doesn;t have problems.

Which are in my view, warlocks tend to demand more work for less reward, they incorporate numerous quality of life issues (like having to lug aorund bloody tomes) - and they are competing for places in groups with classes that seem much better designed, are easier to play for more reward

And that is why the warlock playerbase has shrunk so horribly. I'm afraid for the majority of WoW players it is a no-brainer to simply move to a class that's easier to play and more rewarding

Whatever hot air Blizz might puff, for most players, talents are just something you shoudl look up to see the best one and stick with it. They don;t want to have to tit around changing them every five minutes or change their rotations etc

Moreover, whilst some top players are sticking with their warlocks thorugh thick and thin and making them work, you only need to look at the progress guilds and see how few there are...and how many mages and hunters there are.

Ultimately th emajority of the playerbase want to win the race, and they prefer just driving a shiney new Ferrari than they do spending hours and hours tinkering with and nursing along a clapped out old banger that tends to break down and where the endless spare parts required cost a fortune

Oh and on a slightly lighte rnote it's ironic that after so much talk about the legendary pants...guess what just dropped for me, on a random heroic dungeon (the daily AP run no less)

lol

And yeah, affliction is terrible, and those "buffs" make virtually no difference given the changes they are making elsewhere

Have to laugh at their finding the time to screw around with the best trait, Compounding Horror..but leaveing everything else untouched. Why?
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-10-21 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Ok it seems as if I was the only one really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    So

Oh and on a slightly lighte rnote it's ironic that after so much talk about the legendary pants...guess what just dropped for me, on a random heroic dungeon (the daily AP run no less)

lol
    I used to joke a lot with friends/guildies that my first legendary will be something disappointing like the legs. I called it and it actually happened (you can imagine the hysteria this caused) I was so pissed off, but I just put them on and accepted the ilevel/stat boost without really putting any thought in to the utility this provides. Whilst it's no Feretory or Magistrike, now that I am knee deep in Mythic progression, I actually really enjoy being able to teleport around on a whim. Really helps with a few mythic encounters.

Now I realize it could of been worse, it could if been Sephuz's Secret.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2016-10-21 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    I used to joke a lot with friends/guildies that my first legendary will be something disappointing like the legs. I called it and it actually happened (you can imagine the hysteria this caused) I was so pissed off, but I just put them on and accepted the ilevel/stat boost without really putting any thought in to the utility this provides. Whilst it's no Feretory or Magistrike, now that I am knee deep in Mythic progression, I actually really enjoy being able to teleport around on a whim. Really helps with a few mythic encounters.

Now I realize it could of been worse, it could if been Sephuz's Secret.
    Don't you see? Sephuz's Secret makes you tankier! Which makes you better because you open up more GCDs to still do less damage than a Mage