Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Couple years ago i think it was Ghostcrawler who said this game would be better of with less high dps jerks and more low dps nice people. These forums probably would be too.
    I agree.
    There is a difference between a skilled player and a good player.
    Skill is the ability to perform.
    Being a "good" player is about how you interact with others.
    You can be one, both or neither.

Any player, skilled or not can contribute positively in their own way.
    Be it teaching other players, or just taking the time to help another random player out.

I look up to a player because of how they act towards others, not because of their item level.
    I really worry about the mental state of those who have to demand recognition, who keep pushing their "proof" of superiority.
    Go do the hard content for your own reasons, not for other people.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-20 at 11:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I find this argument incredible bizarre. On the one hand people love to point out how theyre superior than others at this game but apparently they also like to say anyone can do it. Its simple.not the case. Of course people.are different and physical limitations exist beyond the desire to actually do that content.
    You would have to go to pretty serious limitations to reach the level where someone wouldn't be able to play WoW at a decent level. The majority has the mental and physical capability to at least do decent progress raiding (clearing heroic and clear a mythic boss or two). There are plenty of reasons why they don't play at that level. Some just lack even basic knowledge of the game, especially if they are new. Some just don't (want to) take the game too seriously. But if they'd be committed and willing, would easily be able to pull their weight. Obviously the amount of effort it would take would vary extremely from person to person.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    I did 3 back to back normal runs with some around 5-8 guildies last night. We did not have a single wipe. The pugs we had were not amazing but none of them were terrible either. I pugged normal EN before as well and had no problems. So I do not quite see your point.
    It might have been because I was doing it later on in the week (Sunday), but I couldn't find a single group that hadn't been wiping for hours on cakewalk shit, or was hopelessly searching for players for over 30+ minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Turns out the hunter who started the group, and owned said +2 key, did 31k damage the entire instance.

31k.
    You should have just left, If he's not going to work to keep his keystone, he deserves to have it depleted.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Flapzy View Post
    Enough ranting from me, what do you think? Is this generally the level of performance to be expected from people in this game? Are 95% of players just plain awful?
    And if so where can i find some decent people to play with, who are not awful?
    Most people don't care, and don't base their self esteem and identity from a video game. "WoW is serious business" exists only in your head.

If you want perfection from other players, play with robots/AI, or try to join Elitist Jerks. Otherwise, you're going to have to put up with "filthy casuals" who upset you so much.

Yes, most people have always been terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people are fodder in every online video game.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    You would have to go to pretty serious limitations to reach the level where someone wouldn't be able to play WoW at a decent level. The majority has the mental and physical capability to at least do decent progress raiding (clearing heroic and clear a mythic boss or two). There are plenty of reasons why they don't play at that level. Some just lack even basic knowledge of the game, especially if they are new. Some just don't (want to) take the game too seriously. But if they'd be committed and willing, would easily be able to pull their weight. Obviously the amount of effort it would take would vary extremely from person to person.
    Of course - this is almost common sense, but some people here have a problem with it - and it's an attitude I see in a lot of areas of life. Especially in music circles. As an example, you have guys who eat and sleep with their guitars, study every solo by every shredder, can play every riff, and sit around sneering at those who can't. If you want to see one, go to any medium to large music store on a weekend afternoon, you'll see an army of them there - all playing the same Dragonforce solos as loud as they can. They're not enjoying music, they're playing a competitive sport and posing - and will trash talk at any moment if you don't measure up to their standards.

(and the one thing you rarely see is one of them going to a casual player and saying "Hey, lemme show you something!")

Then, you have the average guitar player, who knows a couple favorite songs, has no clue what Phrygian mode is and never will, and only plays on weekends, because their life is full and busy, and they don't have the interest or motivation to go deeper into their technique or abilities, and have no ambition or interest in playing in bands or going pro.

Both groups would claim that what they do is fun. And both would be right - but the "casual" person doesn't really care what the other camp is doing. They may even respect it, even though they don't have the interest/motivation to get to the same level. But there's rarely respect the other way, and the namecalling starts pretty quickly - which points to self esteem issues from that camp, and some seriously shit attitudes.

I've seen the same thing in art, in sports, in any activity where "casual" and "pro/expert" levels exist. The "pro" guys sneer at the casuals - and the casuals don't really give a flying fuck what they think, they just want to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

Ask the WoW community about something, and the first five replies will be about how lazy you are for not finding out for yourself, the next three will be people blaming LFR for your post, two more will be people telling you that expecting an answer to a question is evil entitlement, one will be some guy asking you what your item level is, three will be people asking why you expect them to carry you with their information, four more will be people who didn't even read your OP and insult you for something unrelated, and the last post will be the wrong answer. ><
    You forgot the posts complaining about people complaining...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

What about the posts complaining about the complaining about complaining?!?
    At least they're aware of the irony, unlike the poor, moralizing fools hypocritically condemning people for doing exactly the same thing they themselves are doing.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

A lot of it depends on the community, really. "Pros" in some communities are eager as hell to find and help new people, or at worst are just indifferent to them.

When I first got into the FGC for example, tons of friendly people that would help with stuff. SC2? Same stuff. Speedrunning community? People would bend over backwards to give info or help out. The last time I asked a question of people in the speedrunning community, I got more answers and encouragement than I could read before the chat window scrolled up.

Ask the WoW community about something, and the first five replies will be about how lazy you are for not finding out for yourself, the next three will be people blaming LFR for your post, two more will be people telling you that expecting an answer to a question is evil entitlement, one will be some guy asking you what your item level is, three will be people asking why you expect them to carry you with their information, four more will be people who didn't even read your OP and insult you for something unrelated, and the last post will be the wrong answer. ><
    Yep. LOL. There's a lot of ego tied up in WoW, I'm not sure why. I know it's just part of the landscape in gaming, but WoW just seems to attract the nastier players, like a eerie blue bug light. Maybe because they know their shit attitudes will be tolerated if not rewarded in the WoW community. Birds of a feather and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Yep. LOL. There's a lot of ego tied up in WoW, I'm not sure why. I know it's just part of the landscape in gaming, but WoW just seems to attract the nastier players, like a eerie blue bug light. Maybe because they know their shit attitudes will be tolerated if not rewarded in the WoW community. Birds of a feather and all that.
    the answear is very simple - devs refused to take active participation in weeding out toxic elements from community iand it got more and more rotten over time - if you look at other games devs are not afraid to perma ban for such behaviour , in some they do not tolerate addons like "recount/skada" because they knwo how toxic influence numbers shown have on community - blizzard did nothing and now they reap what they sow.

Deleted
    I just want to point out that saying "People play this game for fun" as an argument against people who want to be the very best is retarded. It's fun for me to be as good as I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I just want to point out that saying "People play this game for fun" as an argument against people who want to be the very best is retarded. It's fun for me to be as good as I can be.
    How is it retarded? Most people don't measure themselves against other players as a metric for fun. It is great that some people do but most don't since they don't download damage meters and other doodads. There is no wrong way to have fun in a video game. If you want to push for world first then fill your boots but if some guy wants to RP as a sheep in Elwynn Forest then fair play to them. The point is that while you may view wow as a competition most people won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    A few things. This isn't really directed at you, but to those people who are so extreme about gaming.

- Boosting is not so much a problem imo, but it has existed since the vanilla days and always will exist.
    - Games are not jobs. Its supposed to be fun. *GASP* Who would have thought.

Honestly. The people who play this shit like their lives depend on it need to do some soul searching. Its not just WoW either. I play Overwatch at least 4-5 hours daily (Im fortunate enough to have a job where I can play). I join team voice chat. 9/10 games I have to leave because of some rager yelling at others, telling them l2play noob or something along those lines. I could see if it was a pro player telling people this, but its gold / platinum players raging out on others.

Its no different in WoW. Don't sit here and cry about people being shitty when you can 110% absolutely prevent yourself playing with these players by finding like minded players by either a) forming statics or b) joining a guild of like minded players or c) playing with friends. There are people from every walk of life that plays WoW. Hell, my twin nieces who are 8 play WoW. My uncle, up til he lost his sight, played WoW and he is 68. They have every much a right to play the game however they see fit. They bought it. They pay a subscription for it. They can walk into a dungeon and do cartwheels if they want. Hell, some people can only do said cartwheels (like my nieces lol). Do you really expect them to be parsing numbers like some super nerd?

Either do something about your situation or quit your damned whining.
    Well written, I agree. Like the well geared, mythic raiders signing up for a random heroic and expecting/demanding they will be playing with like-minded individuals and get mad when they don't. How about a friendly approach, and who knows, maybe the newb will raid mythic too one day. I've lost RBGs too and rage is unreal, and indeed, it's like losing a game means losing your life
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    How is it retarded? Most people don't measure themselves against other players as a metric for fun. It is great that some people do but most don't since they don't download damage meters and other doodads. There is no wrong way to have fun in a video game. If you want to push for world first then fill your boots but if some guy wants to RP as a sheep in Elwynn Forest then fair play to them. The point is that while you may view wow as a competition most people won't.
    What I'm pointing out is that alot of people on this thread are judging "being competitive" as a wrong way to have fun, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Is the hunter doing itemlevel appropriate damage? If yes, mage has to stfu, if no, mage can flame away
    Is this a random dungeon? It's random, you get what you get. Mage should stfu about the carry, because it's random
    Is the hunter dying from an avoidable aoe? If yes the mage can say wtf ever he wants, if no, mage can stfu.
    It's not being hypersensitive not wanting to get called bad things when meeting random people in the game, because that usually doesn't happen in your real life, and when it comes down it, it's a game. It's supposed to be a leisure activity and fun, and it is to most people. Not everyone can or will take the game super seriously with sims, logs and math, which these high-end mythic raiders should accknowlegde when doing heroics

If the group wipes three times at the same boss in heroic after tactics have been explained, yes, it's allowed to be frustrated. You can leave the group, I probably would have, but to being as ass towards people should never ever be the solution or acceptable. If you can't realise that telling people all sorts of degrading stuff shouldn't happen and should be frowned upon by the comminity, fuck it, I give up
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I couldn't find the debate aspect of your whine thread. Tried, couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    It's not being hypersensitive not wanting to get called bad things when meeting random people in the game, because that usually doesn't happen in your real life, and when it comes down it, it's a game. It's supposed to be a leisure activity and fun, and it is to most people. Not everyone can or will take the game super seriously with sims, logs and math, which these high-end mythic raiders should accknowlegde when doing heroics

If the group wipes three times at the same boss in heroic after tactics have been explained, yes, it's allowed to be frustrated. You can leave the group, I probably would have, but to being as ass towards people should never ever be the solution or acceptable. If you can't realise that telling people all sorts of degrading stuff shouldn't happen and should be frowned upon by the comminity, fuck it, I give up
    And you being shitty reduces their fun, so they reduce your fun.
    Yes I get "it's a game"
    But you being shitty at said game reduces the fun for others the same way them being mean reduces your fun.

In matchmaking/LFD(R), yeah one should be a bit more accepting to shit play. Shit play and expecting to be gently criticized in non queued content is an outlandish request, at least imo.

Why can't shit play be frowned upon? The actual source of the hostility

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    What I'm pointing out is that alot of people on this thread are judging "being competitive" as a wrong way to have fun, that's all.
    I guess some folk may be but that is the major problem with this game. Most people see only their play style as valid. If people worried about what they did in the game and didn't cry about what total strangers do with their time the game would be much improved.

SOME ONE FROM ANOTHER REGION,FACTION and REALM ENJOY PART OF THE GAME I DON'T!?!! REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME IMMEDIATELY!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    The short answer is: Yes

The long answer is: Of course they are.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.