Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Sorry, what did that have to do with what I said?
    You thought the fallacy was cool, so I figured I show you a colloquial form that's generally accepted. It's that fallacy amplified. If you spread globally, check out what red means in China. It's pretty interesting, if you think that sort of thing is cool.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I have yet to see anything released by wikileaks that didn't fit into the "no shit Sherlock" file. Sure some of it may have been important to come to light, but it's not like anything they published was much of a surprise.
    Everyone suspected it, but now there's hard proof. That's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Everyone suspected it, but now there's hard proof. That's the difference.
    And how many prosecutions have there been on the basis of wikileaks data?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And how many prosecutions have there been on the basis of wikileaks data?
    None in this cycle, which is something that should not be surprising either.

Deleted

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Going to hop in, off-topic, and say I just read that and it's really cool. It made a lot of sense, and looking back on my life I can definitely recall times I used that.

Thanks for sharing
    I adore this site. I recommend the rest of the written articles, and if you like them, the podcast.

They cover everything from the classics like Confirmation Bias and even some cool stuff I use now like The Benjamin Franklin Effect.

I felt the need to post that because, well, we are seeing it right now in this thread. Just instead of realizing they are doing it, they are doubling down as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Is that 144p? What year is it?

This speech about freedom and liberty brought to you by a man hiding in an embassy to avoid facing rape charges in Sweden by claiming it's all a huge conspiracy to extradite him to the US. Note: there is no evidence outside Assange's own statements that there is any indictment against him in the US. Not to mention any likelihood he'd be extradited to the US if he faced the music in Sweden.

None in this cycle, which is something that should not be surprising either.
    In any cycle.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-10-22 at 01:50 AM.

This speech about freedom and liberty brought to you by a man hiding in an embassy to avoid facing rape charges in Sweden by claiming it's all a huge conspiracy to extradite him to the US. Note: there is no evidence outside Assange's own statements that there is any indictment against him in the US. Not to mention any likelihood he'd be extradited to the US if he faced the music in Sweden.
    You see, the power of the media is to severely distort the truth, in your case you are either completely uninformed about the issues around his rape accusations, or you don't want to be informed because you prefer to keep spreading a lie that suits your narrative. He was not reported for rape and the initial complaints against him were dropped, but then were raised again for political reasons. Furthermore, what passes for 'rape' under Swedish law is extremely different from how it is understood in every other country, because the laws surrounding rape are so ridiculous that they prosecute something like 30,000 cases each year and only convict on 200 of those.

I know at this point is is ridiculous trying to inform people, the rape allegation is just used in an effort to somehow discredit Assange. The truth is that he has done more for democracy and transparency in this country over the past 10 years than the entire corporate media establishment combined.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Wikileaks has shit all to do with "transparency". They're a political group that acts and releases information in accordance with Assange's personal politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Wikileaks has shit all to do with "transparency". They're a political group that acts and releases information in accordance with Assange's personal politics.
    That's only what you think or the brainwashers over at CNN tell you to believe.

Alternatively, I've never been a fan of their actions after the antisemitism and lack of curation.

Deleted
    Julian Assange has had his connection to the internet severed?

Fine by me. I judge people not by their intentions but results of their actions. And this asshole's actions serve nobody but Putin's Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by savras84 View Post
    Julian Assange has had his connection to the internet severed?

Fine by me. I judge people not by their intentions but results of their actions. And this asshole's actions serve nobody but Putin's Russia.
    Exactly. But he is not really relevant anymore so who cares
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You see, the power of the media is to severely distort the truth, in your case you are either completely uninformed about the issues around his rape accusations, or you don't want to be informed because you prefer to keep spreading a lie that suits your narrative. He was not reported for rape and the initial complaints against him were dropped, but then were raised again for political reasons. Furthermore, what passes for 'rape' under Swedish law is extremely different from how it is understood in every other country, because the laws surrounding rape are so ridiculous that they prosecute something like 30,000 cases each year and only convict on 200 of those.

I know at this point is is ridiculous trying to inform people, the rape allegation is just used in an effort to somehow discredit Assange. The truth is that he has done more for democracy and transparency in this country over the past 10 years than the entire corporate media establishment combined.
    I like how you claim to be informing me with this load of apologism and conspiracy theory nonsense.

The facts of the matter are that Assange is wanted in Sweden on suspicion of rape and molestation, a warrant was issued for his arrest which he fled and to this day he remains a fugitive from justice. Whether or not the Swedish court would convict him remains unknown because he refuses to turn himself in and face trial.

Those are the facts. What you're spouting is a bunch of crap straight from the mouth of a career self-promoter.

- - - Updated - - -

Or like, their actions and statements.

Assange publicly announces his intention to weigh in on the election on the side of a particular candidate. Claims, with his usual self-aggrandizement, that his next leak will see Hillary arrested. Of course the leaks did nothing of the sort and were a pretty underwhelming pile of nothing.

Plus a few of gems on their twitter feed, like actually trying to back up Trump's persecution fantasy about the election being "rigged", and just like him providing zero evidence of such:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/789296990127427588

Not to mention this little embarrassment:

https://twitter.com/AthertonKD/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

The only way to not see that wikileaks is a partisan stooge is to wear two eyepatches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Furthermore, what passes for 'rape' under Swedish law is extremely different from how it is understood in every other country, because the laws surrounding rape are so ridiculous that they prosecute something like 30,000 cases each year and only convict on 200 of those.
    I gess truth is not something that you care about. Number of reported rape in Sweden 2015, 5918 there 14% of the rape was successfully solved.

https://www.bra.se/bra/brott-och-sta...xualbrott.html