Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    uhh it had a mine and garden, both free gatherings... in a mmo thats called "required"
    it allowed for free gathering of crafting goods...
    Really cause how little in resources it yeilded most people found irrelevant. You didn't even play Wildstar huh?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and show me your wildstar house then
    Would love to however I don't' play it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    You mean the lesser, bad MMOs that never got any subscribers? Yes, they probably have player housing. Let them.
    Don't bring that crap to WoW.
    Aww that old confusion over quantity versus quality. By your train of thinking Mc Donalds must have the greatest food out there ya?

Lets totally disregard the fact that other MMOs are the innovators where although Blizzard does it well WoW is the imitators.

Lets also totally ignore your first statement and truly give you the opportunity to own how much fail is in it

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    We're supposed to be out, killing and murdering while pretending to save the world. The game places us in endless War. That's what defines the theme of the game. Cutesy little town houses don't sit well with that fantasy.
    Same w/every other action base MMO prior to WoW and the one coming out in the future they all have player housing.

and your intelligent response is "WoW is da best"

And people wonder why my older generation feel the world is going down the toilet
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved the way player housing was done in EQ2. I'd love to see something like that in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Really cause how little in resources it yeilded most people found irrelevant. You didn't even play Wildstar huh?

Would love to however I don't' play it anymore

Aww that old confusion over quantity versus quality. By your train of thinking Mc Donalds must have the greatest food out there ya?

Lets totally disregard the fact that other MMOs are the innovators where although Blizzard does it well WoW is the imitators.

Lets also totally ignore your first statement and truly give you the opportunity to own how much fail is in it

Same w/every other action base MMO prior to WoW and the one coming out in the future they all have player housing.

And people wonder why my older generation feel the world is going down the toilet
    yes, any amount of free resources, are useful... look at how cheap people are...
    and wildstar is free cause it was bad
    so you can play it again

"other mmos are the innovators" mhm... cause swtor dident copy dungeon queing, dual talent spec, and the talent trees from wow
    wildstar dident copy the ability system/heal, dps, and tank system from wow...

yeah all the mmos everywhere are so innovative, and wow copies things from all of them...

and popular things are good because their good
    just like new things are new because their good
    modern medicine is better then fucking cutting into you and using leeches, stuff goes out of style, and stuff fails because its bad for one reason or another, your "older generation" are just idiots who cant get with the times

if all these mmos WERE so innovative, so amazing, and did everything right, and wow is shit, steals stuff from all the others, has no innovation, and is dying, why are they failing well wow still succeeds?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-21 at 06:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Also NO phasing
    How is that going to work in WoW?

Not sure if it's good. You'd have everyone in their room, in their room in Warcraft

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    This would make for a great goldsink maybe allow guilds to have a bigger plot where you can assign smaller plots for player houses to get a town feel. And have the player character walk around there as an NPC when he is offline offering his Proffesion services to the other guildies. That would be really cool.
    but unless they added things in it to give bonuses very few guilds would invest the time and gold to do them, but then once they do most of the time it will feel required, and people in small guilds will feel punished again, for not being in massive guilds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Maybe in the player housing, you can have different missions you can send your alts on, and perhaps something innovative like profession quests. And maybe inside the house is a radio, and you can find music rolls throughout the world, to add to the radio. Then if there could also be some portals to the major city and your order hall, that would be neat. And also an auction house, and perhaps a way to view the black market AH from the house. This is a great idea!
    so garrisons but with alts instead of followers, and more profession quests...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati View Post
    You're suggesting MMORPG features to a EMMOG (Esport Massive Multiplayer Online Game), 'cuz wow phased from MMOG to EMMOG since Legion

I call those idiots "dumb hardcore fastgamers who doesn't give a shit about the background who play for reaching the end, unsub (or keep subbed) and complain about lack of content"
    god i would love player housing, but it would be such a waste of dev time

either it has bonuses and people complain because it becomes required
    or it has no bonuses and no one uses it because no one wants to waste time and gold
    also not many guilds or freinds are willing to go to eachothers houses to hang out... as kids that was fun, i remember me and my freinds all playing toontown hanging out in our neighbor hood (in toontown) when i couldent play wow cause my bro was playing, but we were kids, that stuff was the fun of wonder, but now its like "eh... cool..."

something I'd love if they worked into this is to rework the concept of the reagent bank, perhaps a larger one but it's shared between characters on the same server/faction. they've said before they find the concept of having to mail yourself items feels weird so having a shared storage for crafting mats and stuff could cut down on that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I really like the idea of player housing as long as its done right. Which means that its 100% an optional feature to do on the side, that doesn't affect gameplay to much by rewarding you crazy shit. Garrisons was the complete opposite and thats why it failed, and I wouldn't call it WoW's way of doing player housing.

It would also have to be filled with customisation, like having atleast 3 different type of houses for each playable race and a lot of opportunities to place your house anywhere you want. Every achievement you've done can be placed as a trophy in your house, so there's even more incentive to do achievements as a time killer.
    issue is if its 100% optinal, as in it has NO bonuses, then no one will use it( and of coarse when i say no one i mean a VERY minor % of the community...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Why cant you show it off?
    because you have to invite them to your place, and not very many people are going to see it
    wow is not a SUPER SOCIAL game like IMVU and Second Life
    so you arnt gunna have like 20 or 30 people hanging out at your house just chatting and eating virutal foods and drinks

cause the issue is if its a thing with no bonuses
    costs time and resources
    and people have to go out of their way to see it
    and does not effect usual gameplay (like seeing somone in a tmog all raid, or running on a mount, or with a title)

VERY few people will use it, or even see it
    and that is not worth dev time

very few people will hang out in eachothers houses, and such
    and if no ones going to vist why make your house super fancy... as just a place to afk in and solo rp in?

the only people that would get lots of use of it would be RPers, and SUPER social guilds

dont even get started on the type of customization
    wildstar of litterally make anything
    or swtor where you have tons of prebuilt stuff, you just choose what and where stuff goes
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-10-21 at 06:22 AM.

Deleted
    I love the idea but it will never happen in wow. There are too many restrictions on everything, blizz dont want us to be in control. They want us to farm for ages, not customize stuff ourselves. Its psychology. Wow is not that kind of „free“ game and will never be. Its fine but also means that stuff like real housing, dyes and freedom of changing stuff like you want will never really be in the game. Even transmog has those stupid restrictions.

if you make housing have an impact on the gameplay it turn out like garrison and shit-hall, something that peoples hate because naziblizzard forced them into it. Housing need to be build on the same concept of pet battle, something you could enjoy without any obligation and a thing that add stuff to collect around the world, like they added pets to old raids they could add recipe to craft furniture for our house.
    Actually i can see a load of positive effects that come by implementing it, another reason to skill professions, another reason to revisit old contents, a positive impact on the AH, more collectors around the world, old zone revitalized by peoples building houses there; and everything is optional so a die hard raider don't feel forced to have an house in order to not be benched by the nazi-RL.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    If they are gonna do housing, I hope they look to how LOTRO did it and get inspired to how housing could Work, especially having a guild house was really amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

Heh, "older" - I bet you're born in the 80s. Lol.

Like it or not - WoW is the quality measuringstick (using relevant market performance indicators) and other MMO's have tried desperately catch up to - they've tried to add features that would attract players and give them their share of the MMO-cake - but they've all failed.

And maybe the popularity and quality of WoW is due to refusing to add silly features that would compromise their design ideas. That's what keeps them at the top. Maybe that's why all the lesser MMOs fail? They stuff their game with silly extra features that does nothing at all except add fluff that is not essential to gameplay.

Look at Apple for example - pretty hardline with their design. Uncompromising to the point of stupidity - but they're winning.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-10-21 at 09:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see exactly why they tried to do what they did with Garrisons to make them work, because they were hugely resource intensive (and the expansion suffered horribly as a result), so no. I don't even use my Order Halls that much, and that feels wasted, so a player house with even less reason to go there seems an entirely superfluous waste of resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    last thing we need is another place where people hide and go afk in like garrison not to mention that the cost it would take to make housing could be used somewhere else
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    last thing we need is another place where people hide and go afk in like garrison not to mention that the cost it would take to make housing could be used somewhere else
    battle pets. and most of the art that would be used for housing already exists.
    also they could easily make a new secondary profession to create stuff for player housing. create and sell stuff.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    battle pets. and most of the art that would be used for housing already exists.
    also they could easily make a new secondary profession to create stuff for player housing. create and sell stuff.
    battle pets send you out in the world, i dont see how they make you hide in a place togo afk in and they probably use the least resources in entire game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Everquest 2 for example, Wild Star was good as well, some asian games do it fairly well (they just suck in every other regard). Serioulsy, just because you have only played WoW and FFXIV doesn't mean the feature has never ever worked.
    And just because it has been in other games does not mean it is a good fit in that form, or another in wow.
    See how that argument has two sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I can see exactly why they tried to do what they did with Garrisons to make them work, because they were hugely resource intensive (and the expansion suffered horribly as a result), so no. I don't even use my Order Halls that much, and that feels wasted, so a player house with even less reason to go there seems an entirely superfluous waste of resources.
    I agree.
    They are really meant to be part of the class storyline, but aside from the original story arc to "Unlock" it, it quickly becomes a generic quest hub, only class restricted.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-10-21 at 10:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

There's my idea...

1. Player Housing.
    - 100% Optional
    - Isn't automatic, but is something you have to earn
    - A diverse array of housing available (apartments to small farms/castes/lodges/towers)
    - Some housing options are race and class exclusive (.i.e. Mage Tower, Troll Hut, etc)
    - Player houses being located throughout Kalimdor (to encourage people to get out into the world more)
    - Accessible by other players (There should be a system where you could invite other players into your house)
    - Make access to housing difficult, an accomplishment you have to earn
    - Make relevant content that involves your housing

2. Guild Halls

Basically something similar to a garrison, but guild-wide, where Guild Leaders have a greater degree of control over the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    When you look at the blizzcon archive and see all those idiots saying they want player housing, guild halls, etc.. They are the ones that ruined wow.
    No, blizzard is the one who failed to implement it in a good fashion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    1. Player Housing.
    - 100% Optional
    - Isn't automatic, but is something you have to earn
    - A diverse array of housing available (apartments to small farms/castes/lodges/towers)
    - Some housing options are race and class exclusive (.i.e. Mage Tower, Troll Hut, etc)
    - Player houses being located throughout Kalimdor (to encourage people to get out into the world more)
    - Accessible by other players (There should be a system where you could invite other players into your house)
    None of those are in any kind of way related to active gameplay. They're just passive things that look 'nice' on paper but provide no gameplay value at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    - Make access to housing difficult, an accomplishment you have to earn
    - Make relevant content that involves your housing
    So these could possibly be gameplay but very thin on details. These two bullets are where the actual gameplay happens and you're just vaguely saying "make relevant content for it" - I'd like to know more. What is that gameplay content exactly?

My biggest gripe about the housing discussion is that no one can really ever say what the actual *gameplay* with player housing is.

EVE-Online, for example has been talking about "Walking in Stations" (player housing) for over a decade, yet they can't figure out what you're actually supposed to do, once you exit your ship.

Just passively standing in your house changing curtain colors doesn't really sound like 'active gameplay' to me.
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-10-21 at 11:06 PM.