Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Would you like to present any actual evidence beyond "he was at a bar" that he was in fact drunk?

Because I cannot find any evidence of that proposition that would be admissible in court.
    I brought up this exact concern up on page two. Took a little digging but I did find a source finally mention his alcohol levels. Twice the legal limit, they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    I think I remember mmochampion talking about this. That was a fucked up video cause the cop literally quick drawee that man.
    And then said the guy was refusing to get out of the vehicle, after he'd been shot and paralyzed.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    I brought up this exact concern up on page two. Took a little digging but I did find a source finally mention his alcohol levels. Twice the legal limit, they say.
    California's limit is 0.08, right? A 0.15 (assuming "nearly twice the limit") is ridiculously drunk.

Watching the video, it kind of looks like the cop is surprised himself that he shot. Maybe it was an accident after all (although, isn't there something as safety mechanisms?). Aside from that, I have no idea why on earth he drew his weapon at all. There was a crash, he should rush in and help the victim, not draw his gun.

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    That was intended lol. He just pulled his gun and shot, without any sort of apparent conversation or other means to deal with the situation. That was an execution, a murder.
    Problem is it cant be proven.

What you did just then was to make an assessment about his intentions.

Assessments of intent do not prove intent and that's why he got manslaughter.

The requisite of "intent" is a powerful thing.

Just look at how the FBI used it to give cover to Clinton for her many illegal acts.

All he had to say was that he reacted to the suspect getting out of his car, that he didn't intend to murder him that night.

Now did he make up his mind before getting out of his car to decide "I'm gonna shoot this fucker"? ...we'll never know.

Because without any evidence suggesting that, and a short enough time period for him to claim it was a reaction, he would have walked on a murder charge.

That's why they went after a lesser charge, you go with what you can get.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Except the sanctity of due process, presumption of innocence, and proportional force response.
    I'm not saying the cop was right and should've got off Scott free. We gotta be consistent with enforcing stuff like this. But if this had to happen to anyone I wouldn't change where the pointer landed.

15+ Year Old Account
    his headlights are on and it looks like the gun fired twice

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    California's limit is 0.08, right? A 0.15 (assuming "nearly twice the limit") is ridiculously drunk.
    0.08 confirmed limit, yep. I've never had my BAC tested but according to this chart 0.15 is pretty jacked indeed. That's 7 drinks worth of booze for a unit time for a moderately burly male. I was floating around 260 for a long time and I sure as hell wouldn't trust myself to drive after 7 beers/shots/whatevers.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    I'm not saying the cop was right and should've got off Scott free. We gotta be consistent with enforcing stuff like this. But if this had to happen to anyone I wouldn't change where the pointer landed.
    Well it could have been a baby eating Neo Nazi or something :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.