Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    The legendary boots for fire mages give you two options:

1. Use /cancelaura to remove the legendary effect ASAP, which makes the legendary not a bit better than a high ilvl epic with really bad stats

2. Don't use /cancelaura and do less dps due to accidental Pyro blast hard casts

That is, without a doubt, a bad legendary
    Don't forget that the stats are really bad so if you have decent gear you'll end up not using those at all since they have no crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I will link you the logs if you want but no, actually. I never died on mythic Ursoc in the 4 hours of progression it took to kill him unless the guild leader called for a wipe.
    Just maybe you should learn to understand that it´s not always about dead/alive. The shield helps your healers which in turn can maybe safe someone else.

Helping your healers is never a waste on progression. TEAM. Having that shield is in a sense as usefull as not standing in shit.
    It takes the pressure off your healers a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because a defencive legendary may be amazing for defence
    but to a dps who all they care about is leet dps, that legendary is SHIT

so no, legendaries arnt SHIT
    they just each have their own uses, and each have their own use
    ugh.... you keep wearing stuff that gives wrong stats and defensive stuff just because it's orange dont you?

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    What's the reasoning for this? Wasn't it blizzards goal for when people got a legendary through RNG to be like "YES FINALLY GOT A LEGENDARY" and not "AHH FUCK! I got a shit legendary". This is mainly aimed at the necklace and ring that are very underwhelming. Maybe they should have taken those off the loot table and make those ones "welfare" legendaries that you got say for eg; 4 xavius kills on any difficulty? Or just take them completely off?
    The short burst of excitement, or "YES FINALLY GOT A LEGENDARY" feeling is a very small part of why the system works in Blizzards eyes. It's the same as Legendary cards in HS, skins in OW or legendaries in Diablo - their existance keeps you playing (just a bit more and I gonna get another one), the fact that you get bad ones makes you keep the grind for longer periods of time, without making you feel that you are accomplishing nothing.

When you get down to it, the legendary system in Legion isn't much different than legendary ring in WoD. The items you get don't matter, you are supposed to get them eventually. What matters is that it keeps you hooked to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because a defencive legendary may be amazing for defence
    but to a dps who all they care about is leet dps, that legendary is SHIT

so no, legendaries arnt SHIT
    they just each have their own uses, and each have their own use
    Yeah, only this is a theoretical point that evaporates when you look at actual ingame situations..

If my job is to DPS/Tank/Heal, I will try to maximize my potential of doing my job (whichever it is). As a DPS, as long as fights are not tuned for players to have to wear the defensive necklace, for example, a defensive Legendary will always be "useless" compared to one that actually increases my performance for my role. Is this so hard to understand?

And if said necklase is a 6k DPS loss, because the stats on are so shit for some classes, that they prefer wearing 840-850 ilevel pieces instead, that Legendary is horribly designed. Period.

You are so very wrong mate...personally I am sick and tired of grinding and at the end not only I am not hooked but disappointed. Cannot do it anymore and thinking of unsubing seriously. I have cleared hc and normal x3 I have opened more than 100 mythic chests. I do the daily chest every day since launch. Everyone in my guild almost has one and now they get their second while I am left behind. Hence I am sick and tired

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    None of them are bad. Some being more useful in certain aspects doesn't make others bad.
    If you're a Brewmaster monk that neck is legit the dirt worst due to the fact that stagger damage counts as real damage, therefore the shield won't start charging until all stagger is cleared. There are a grand total of zero fights on mythic where that neck would proc the shield any time after the pull as a brewmaster. If that's not a bad legendary, I'd like to hear your definition of bad.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Deebe View Post
    Pretty sure they said both ring and neck are getting abit of rework. Hopefully they can change them to feel like a reward rather than a slap in the face in the near future.
    Problem is, unless they give you a DPS boost, they are useless for DPS classes.
    I mean, unless they make you 100% imortal but even then, you'd probably take more DPS over that.

If 7 legs would give you a 70k dps increase and 1 would give you 69,99k, people would still call the latter "shit"

Deleted
    I got 1 legendary so far Sephuz Secret.

Now the stats are nice and as a Shaman i have a few ways of proccing it, the problem is where?

In instances it works on trash i suppose but bosses are immune to all forms of CC.
    In PvP they don't work at all outside of "World PvP" which i don't really consider PvP anyway due to 0 templates or balance.
    So it's nice as a stat gain but ultimately it's uses are extremely limited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It's called utility legendary, not bad legendary.
    A lot of things have utility however you don't see everyone walking around with blind sticks at night because it helps you not stub your toe in the dark. There's a difference between something being useful and it having some utility in some very specific cases. The reason why for all DPS a lot of legendaries are shit compared to other legendaries is because

1. While they offer an increase they are utter shit compared to the other legendaries
    2. They offer utility that you can't use or that has as much of an impact as a wet noodle hitting the boss(see mage feet which you'll most likely never use because they affect your damage in a negative way, shaman Spiritual Journey feet, 15%hp shield etc.)

For a legendary to be a good one it needs to somehow impact your play or if passive have it be something at least marginally useful. The 15% shield is utter shit compared to the other legendaries for all classes and specs. The only place you could argue it has some use is progression raiding where for a 6m fight where the shield applies and is consumed on cooldown you'll have healed yourself for 3.6m if you have 2m HP. There is a demon hunter one which gives you leech after you use your personal defense CD. Assuming you're able to hit the boss for the 10s duration and you're doing 360k dps and it won't overheal at all you're looking at doing 180k hps * 10 = 1.8m healing per use of blur and that's with all of the assumptions above.

While they are "useful" when compared to something that increases your damage by quite a bit they are utter shit. There are some that are really good for mythic+ so those have a use and are fine i.e. paladin head which reduces stun CD when used on high HP targets(not the best but you'll at least be able to use it somewhat) but there are a lot that are underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    What's the reasoning for this? Wasn't it blizzards goal for when people got a legendary through RNG to be like "YES FINALLY GOT A LEGENDARY" and not "AHH FUCK! I got a shit legendary". This is mainly aimed at the necklace and ring that are very underwhelming. Maybe they should have taken those off the loot table and make those ones "welfare" legendaries that you got say for eg; 4 xavius kills on any difficulty? Or just take them completely off?
    Please watch the Q&A VOD before you make such a thread. They said that some legendaries did not turn out the way they would have liked and they they are likely to rework them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogarasu View Post
    I got 1 legendary so far Sephuz Secret.

Now the stats are nice and as a Shaman i have a few ways of proccing it, the problem is where?

In instances it works on trash i suppose but bosses are immune to all forms of CC.
    In PvP they don't work at all outside of "World PvP" which i don't really consider PvP anyway due to 0 templates or balance.
    So it's nice as a stat gain but ultimately it's uses are extremely limited.
    use ccs anyways, even if the target is inmune, you will get the buff. I got that ring and i know what im talking about.

Why even design a bad game?

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Why even design a bad game?
    Because if your name is David Cage, thats the only thing you can do.

Point is, Blizzard won't design anything bad on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    It's called utility legendary, not bad legendary.
    So if a legendary isn't an upgrade over a 850 item, nothing is wrong?
    It's either:
    a) The legendary is bad, or
    b) Secondary stats weigh too much for the spec

In my case, I got the neck and it wasn't an upgrade. So while it's good for others, it's still a bad legendary to me.

Deleted
    actually the only legendary which I dislike is the absorb neck.

all the other have some kind of use and can be helpful.

I admit the absob can be helpful but in general it's shit. the worst of the worst

10+ Year Old Account
    magnum opus is bad for tanks and shouldnt be on tank table, but beyond that i dont think ive seen anything really bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    If they're all good, there's no point in having a bunch of different options.
    Except, that they're not really "options" when they're rare enough that they're talking about people not having one for 10 months. Options would be much more readily available.

Maybe they should have just put the spec-appropriate ones in to start with (Heal, DPS, Tank bonuses), and bring in the utility ones later once people actually have those.