damn, they got a pretty fair amount of 3rd parties to get on board with this. pretty exciting just for that.

Here's the Wii U and Switch partners in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to note, the last two rows are either back end, as in they're not the game devs or in one case, not even related. レコチョク is a Japanese mobile music service.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it like, backwards compatible with the 3DS and Wii U?

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just going to note, the last two rows are either back end, as in they're not the game devs or in one case, not even related. レコチョク is a Japanese mobile music service.
    Also it's listing publishers and developers in the switch photo. For example Platinum games doesn't publish shit but made quite a few Wii U games and aren't on the Wii U list but are on the Switch. Tokyo RPG Factory being listen when it's just a subsidary of Square, From Software which will have games in all likelihood published by Bandai Namco both being listed.

Basically they're the same shit, but one has a lot more fluff on it. It also means nothing. Level 5 literally made nothing on the Wii U but look at them being listed there lmao... Being an announced "partner" means jack shit. EA will pull out on that shit faster then you can dock and undock the thing if they don't like the way the market looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    And most of the rest are middleware companies. They're still up 34 to 21 which is great, but yeah, the bottom two rows aren't game devs (well, Epic is but I imagine they'd have put them up with the rest of the devs if they were working on a game for the console...and ain't no way Paragon is coming lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/41442...in+March+2017/

yay!!!! console monster hunter!!!! I can finally play without a headache and hand cramps!
    YESSSS DUAL ANALOG STICK MONSTER HUNTER. THE DREAM IS A REALITY.

Thank you based Capcom.

Oh wait, they didn't confirm Switch. Damn you, Genn, got me all hyped and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Also it's listing publishers and developers in the switch photo. For example Platinum games doesn't publish shit but made quite a few Wii U games and aren't on the Wii U list but are on the Switch. Tokyo RPG Factory being listen when it's just a subsidary of Square, From Software which will have games in all likelihood published by Bandai Namco both being listed.

Basically they're the same shit, but one has a lot more fluff on it. It also means nothing. Level 5 literally made nothing on the Wii U but look at them being listed there lmao... Being an announced "partner" means jack shit. EA will pull out on that shit faster then you can dock and undock the thing if they don't like the way the market looks.
    Well played.

I still think Skyrim is a good indicator though of a better future than the Wii U. Sure, it's being ported onto everyone's toaster even at this point, but it's still a big title, and it still skipped over the Wii and Wii U.

Nippon Ichi on that list, interesting. I assume it's more ports of their previous titles, but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester No View Post
    Well played.

I still think Skyrim is a good indicator though of a better future than the Wii U. Sure, it's being ported onto everyone's toaster even at this point, but it's still a big title, and it still skipped over the Wii and Wii U.
    Skyrim is how old at this point? You should not bragging that your getting a 5 year old game on your future console, it's actually a bit sad.

Problem with 3e party support wasn't that Nintendo didn't have any but that most of them did shit for Nintendo. if a game developers that got big on your own system only develops a single game for the last 2+ years then you know it's a major issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm continually amazed that Skyrim is this big deal, its not even the best elder scrolls and its not even confirmed for the system. Even if it does have it, and even if it is the HD version, so what, it could be 30fps or a lesser version, or it may not use the full ps4/xbone power and thus not an indicator of how powerful this Nintendo tablet is.

Its a 5 year old game ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But positioning it as a home console means that it's directly competing with the PS4/Xbox One, and in terms of power it's doubt that it will come remotely close to it. It's basically positioning far inferior hardware (since it doesn't even, to my knowledge, offer the unique off-screen tablet gameplay that the Wii U has...or does it?) at what's likely going to be a similar price point.

I get that software moves units and the Nintendo faithful will buy it, but beyond that as a home console...meh. As a handheld, sure, it's potentially fantastic (pending battery life/performance results), but as a home console it's pretty disappointing.
    ''It can't be a home console because it isn't as powerful as the PS4/XBone''... best reasoning 10/10. Is it a gaming console? Check. Can you hook it up to your TV out of the box? Check. It is a home gaming console. The end.
    Not to mention... why the hell does it matter if it isn't as powerful? Nintendo hasn't directly competed with other major consoles since the Gamecube era, their audiences are widly different, ''hardcore'' players will never buy a Nintendo console, no matter how much of a beast it might be because of the ''kiddy'' image. People buy Nintendo stuff because of their exclusive titles and their gimmicks. Plenty of people who bought a Wii or a DS would never have bought a Playstation or an Xbox and vice versa.

PS4/Xbone are basically far inferior PC's so I don't see why that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, when they're attached to the screen it looks fine. More or less like the Wii U controller. I'm talking about the square controller that they attach to (well, they make it a square, linked above) with the little palmrests below. Just looks...off. The palm rests below don't fit with the two controller attachments sitting above. Again, it looks like nobody told them that it would look better if everything sat flush.
    Just because the front of the controller looks square doesn't mean the back side is too.

This old contraption looks pretty unwieldy too, but I know from experience it sits in the hand very comfortably. If you are just whining because you don't like the shape unrelated to comfort... well... you're hopeless
    Last edited by mmoc0614accb52; 2016-10-21 at 07:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Skyrim is how old at this point? You should not bragging that your getting a 5 year old game on your future console, it's actually a bit sad.

Problem with 3e party support wasn't that Nintendo didn't have any but that most of them did shit for Nintendo. if a game developers that got big on your own system only develops a single game for the last 2+ years then you know it's a major issue.
    The remaster is currently -7 days old, so it's actually not that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pingasman82 View Post
    ''It can't be a home console because it isn't as powerful as the PS4/XBone''... best reasoning 10/10. Is it a gaming console? Check. Can you hook it up to your TV out of the box? Check. It is a home gaming console. The end.
    Not to mention... why the hell does it matter if it isn't as powerful? Nintendo hasn't directly competed with other major consoles since the Gamecube era, their audiences are widly different, ''hardcore'' players will never buy a Nintendo console, no matter how much of a beast it might be because of the ''kiddy'' image. People buy Nintendo stuff because of their exclusive titles and their gimmicks. Plenty of people who bought a Wii or a DS would never have bought a Playstation or an Xbox and vice versa.

PS4/Xbone are basically far inferior PC's so I don't see why that matters.
    The Wii U proved that Nintendo can't survive off of Nintendo fans alone, because their fans have been consistently dwindling throughout the years.

Getting 3rd parties to support the Switch with games like Skyrim is a step in the right direction. I just hope they've made the tablet easy to port for.

10+ Year Old Account
    ''It can't be a home console because it isn't as powerful as the PS4/XBone''... best reasoning 10/10. Is it a gaming console?
    Thats not what he said though. Why you always lying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Thats not what he said though. Why you always lying.
    He basically said ''Nintendo can't push it as a home console because its power is like a hamster compared to the ginea pigs that are the PS4/XBone'', to which I replied ''Why does that matter? It is a home console''. Where was I wrong, dear Dray?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The Wii U proved that Nintendo can't survive off of Nintendo fans alone, because their fans have been consistently dwindling throughout the years.

Getting 3rd parties to support the Switch with games like Skyrim is a step in the right direction. I just hope they've made the tablet easy to port for.
    I never said Nintendo could survive with just their loyal fans, I just said those people are one of the groups who buy Nintendo consoles. You are absolutely right about the third-party support, I hope for Nintendo's sake that the company can keep them enticed (aka the Switch needs to sell well so don't screw up the marketing)
    Last edited by mmoc0614accb52; 2016-10-21 at 07:57 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a remasters of a old game that never got a release on a Nintendo platform.....at this point they are still a afterthought which is a problem.

What Nintendo needs is that the next time Rockstar develops a GTA that they introduce it at the same time as with the Xbox or PS and not months (or years) later.

10+ Year Old Account
    He basically said ''Nintendo can't push it as a home console because its power is like a hamster compared to the ginea pigs that are the PS4/XBone'', to which I replied ''Why does that matter? It is a home console''. Where was I wrong, dear Dray? )
    He didn't say they couldn't he said 'as a home console its disappointing' based on price and power.

Deleted
    He didn't say they couldn't he said 'as a home console its disappointing' based on price and power.
    The original post of him mentioning the whole home console thing was:

'Also, why on earth are they positioning this as a "home console"? This is absolutely a handheld console that can function as a secondary home console. What the shit is even going on, Nintendo.'

He then elaborated by saying it isn't a home console because the power is shit, which I find a rubbish argument. Even if you measure the Switch with power, you'd find that, with Nintendo standards, it is a console, as its capabilities far exceed that of the 3DS and are above the Wii U. A new Nintendo handheld has never outclassed the home console of the previous generation. But as I said, bollocks reasoning.
    I'm also not sure what he expected after Nintendo released the DS, the Wii, the 3DS and the Wii U, all of which are underpowered because of some gimmick...

As said, rubbish argument is still rubbish.

Someone may not consider it worthy of a spot in their home, but that doesn't mean it's not a home console and such statement should be given zero attention.

I admit that I think the presentation is too smooth, too clean, too bright, too fake. There's a whole battalion of fake smiling people in there, but the core of the message remains. It elevates the platform to a full multifunctional hybrid party and family solution and that has always been Nintendo's strength. I think this concept will create sales and will keep selling.

If it's actually functioning as smoothly, including that seamless transition between handheld and console, as it conveys in the trailer.

The moment it turns out that the modular design breaks, or fails, or has incredible bugs, the system will flat out get dropped and will be Nintendo's biggest disaster ever. I pray that they focus on build quality.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-10-21 at 08:55 AM.

Except for the part in the video where it looked like 360 Skyrim, and nothing like the remastered Skyrim.

Bethesda are technical numbskulls if you guys actually think they could get the remaster to run on a mobile unit, joke is on you. You'll be lucky if the Xbox One and PS4 version run well enough at that.