Question Mythic + Tank Suggestions?

Hello wanted to get some suggestions on what people prefer for mythic + runs, my main is a Warrior but I also have a DH and a Blood DK.

So yeah can you suggest what one you would prefer and why.
    Many thanks.

DH is the best of all of those, but any will work

15+ Year Old Account
    Whichever one you enjoy playing. They all work.

All three have their advantages and disadvantages. Play the one you enjoy the most.

Blood main here. We are okay until you meet necrotic affix. It is hard to kite when your 'class fantasy' is a slow killing machine (but doable when working with team).

Bear is more than OP now!! But you don't have it. Then go Warr or DH Warr is more solid and DH has good aoe dps.

Deleted
    Prot warrior works fine, I am playing it myself. It is a little Difficult to kite if you must, because you can only slow by 50% using thunderclap. DH and espacially DK with Death and Decay work better here. The biggest Disadvantage compared to some other tanks like DH or Bear is the low DPS the Prot has.

Prefer DKs when its not necrotic.
    Druid/warrior also very nice for pushing.
    Pala for low farm, fking stupid dmg.

DH/Monk, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm, Prot Pala brings the DPS for farming low keys. I run Seraphim with double DPS trinkets on everything up to +9s now, at 873-875ilvl depending on trinket combination. It's like running an extra DPS for trash pulls the whole way through and still reasonable single target DPS for the bosses. Can also bubble off necrotic <3, which is a nice bonus!

Druid and Warrior seem to be the most solid options for pushing, most reliable options for huge pulls too (in terms of survivability). Regardless, I've seen footage of DKs and DHs also pushing very high runs...

Only tank I've not seen in action is Brewmaster though.
    Last edited by Zabuzan; 2016-10-20 at 01:33 PM.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    All three have their advantages and disadvantages. Play the one you enjoy the most.
    He wants to play the best class.

As a healer - NOT DH. Both warrior and DK are fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    To be fair if he has to ask which is best in a forum, he's probably not good enough to play all the tanks equally at the best level, so he'd be better off playing the one he's most comfy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Maybe my answer wasn't clear enough, I wanted to say they are close enough in performance when it comes to mythic+, assuming you use each class strengths, so I don't have a preferred on in between those three. Better to play the one he enjoys the most and learn to play it well. Personally I prefer my paladin in m+. When I heal, I prefer healing a bear over any other tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Prefer DKs when its not necrotic.
    Druid/warrior also very nice for pushing.
    Pala for low farm, fking stupid dmg.

DH/Monk, lol.
    Another uninformed one i'm a monk and regularly clear +9 with 2 chests and have completed +11 missing out by about 2 minutes. Yes at present other tank classes can do more damage but a good monk can cleave just as well. I always get when signing up for pugs "Are you seriously playing BrM?" yes, yes I am...

Trust me, we are more than acceptable to use.

I've completed a decent amount of 10s and 11s (and one 12) now as BrM/Disc/ProtWarrior (before and after nerfs), and from my experience I'd probably rank them as:

Bear>>>>Monk/Warrior/Paladin>DH/DK

The reasoning:
    Bear is op as fuck, no two ways about it. Great aoe damage, unkillable, decent utility with a battle rez and stamp roar.

Monk takes a ton of damage, this is true. However, you almost never get globalled. You're very smooth to heal for classes that rely on hots (MW/RDruid/Disc), and self-sustain very well against most trash packs (the exception being the big hitter mobs like Raging mobs or Tyrannical bosses, where you're still smooth but don't sustain very well). You also kite very well with Keg Smash now having a decent range and a basically permanent slow, roll, transcendence, and Tiger's Lust, for Necrotic weeks or unavoidable Bolsters like BRH spiders or Nel's Lair worm pull. You also can opt for an AoE stun or an AoE taunt (Skittish weeks). BrM's explanation was a bit long since I know people love to shit on it for some reason.

Prot Warr is still very tanky, Spell Reflect is very good against some hard bosses, you have a plethora of defensive CDs to rotate for bosses that do tank nukes, and your aoe burst can be very strong. You also have an AoE stun.

Prot Paladin is literally just a DPS spec with a shield on AoE, and puts up good ST numbers as well. Bop/spellwarding/bubble can all come in handy for cheesing some mechanics. Decently tanky, some selfhealing, overall pretty good at everything. Spam silences are useful a lot too.

Demon Hunters seem very squishy after their nerfs to mastery, but still self heal enough to be ok. Their value is almost entirely in their utility, from silence sigil, grip sigil, and disorient sigil all being basically aoe interrupts in a world where interrupts are extremely valuable. Very mobile for kiting provided your group has some kind of aoe slow, and double jump and leap can get you to some silly places if you're the kind of person that likes those kinds of strategies.

DK is probably the worst at high levels, but I don't think its by a huge margin. All the tanks are pretty viable, with only Bear really being an outlier. Mass grip is good still, single grip as well, but other than that they dont really do anything special. They're not BAD, they're just not all that useful in the way other tanks are. They're not fantastic at kiting, they can't take big hits effectively due to no baseline damage reduction CD and rune tap being terrible, and they're slow as shit going from pack to pack. However, on low levels they pretty much keep themselves alive, and their aoe damage is still really good even after nerfs. The problem is that they just don't handle big yolo one shot spike damage well, and since Blizzard's idea of difficulty in 5 mans is "make everything one shot people," thats kind of an issue (Shield of Light, Dark Slash, etc.). They also have some problems against high magic damage, similar to DHs, since AMS is kind of shitty now.

Overall, they're all probably fine, but Bear and the shield tanks are a safe bet, and I personally think Monk is dramatically underestimated around here. The other two are great for low levels where you can keep yourself without a healer, but kind of fall over against high spike damage.

this is all just my personal experience, you may disagree

7+ Year Old Account
    they're not fantastic at kiting
    Are you sure? Because we have ranged aoe snare (for 70%) with 15 sec CD and chance to insta reset it. Plus mass heartstrike what reduce up to 5 mobs down to 50% speed. And Mass Grip with 2 min CD for heavy packs.

You probably played with bad BDKs.

Also DH and DK best tanks for skittish. And warrior the worst. Also war worst tank for kitting since he have only thunderclap and its not targeted/ranged skill.

PS I am agree with you - bear stupid OP. Lolz.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2016-10-21 at 01:58 PM.

iv done up to 11+ as a paladin and cant say iv had any problmes yet, great movement, great dps, a fuckton of cds.

Deleted
    If you want the best of the best, play druid.

Warrior or Paladin is honestly a toss-up. Paladin will give you faster clears and more utility, warriors will give you better survivability and a nice aoe stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodKingSkovald View Post
    DH is the best of all of those, but any will work
    As a healer, I'd say DH is the WORST of any of those. They are squishy and go down in HP too fast. They're like a DK in that they take more damage but can heal it up, but the DK has more mitigation which makes them easier to heal.

I hate healing DHs.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama