tbh, I use EE with my opener. All sims that I run point to using EE before anything, that way when you get off serenity you have all 5 chi and you can minimize amount of tiger palms in your burst opening with old war.

Just how my sims point me. And so far my rotation feels smooth and EE comes back up just right when I need it every time. The amount of energy I potentially lose is outweighed by the amount of damage I am gaining by not hitting tiger palm during my burst.

But as soon as CJL will get nerfed, you only save 1 use of Tiger Palm through EE at the start. I like the idea behind it, but since you have to keep Hitcombo up and have everything else on cd, you must use TP anyway.

On the question of relics.. if I get a second rolling fog relic can I also equip it, thus having 2 rolling fog relics equipped? Also in the guide on relics it mentions using relics with lesser traits if the ilvl is high enough. Which ilvl is referred to? There is the standard ilvl on a relic ie 865 ilvl and there is also a +x ilvl which ilvl do I use as a basis to judge whether to equip a relic or not, the +x ilvl or the actual ilvl?.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomar View Post
    On the question of relics.. if I get a second rolling fog relic can I also equip it, thus having 2 rolling fog relics equipped?
    Yes, you can!
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Quote Originally Posted by Xiomar View Post
    Also in the guide on relics it mentions using relics with lesser traits if the ilvl is high enough. Which ilvl is referred to? There is the standard ilvl on a relic ie 865 ilvl and there is also a +x ilvl which ilvl do I use as a basis to judge whether to equip a relic or not, the +x ilvl or the actual ilvl?.
    Its referring to the ilvl the relic provides the weapon and not the ilvl of the relic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    The optimal starting rotation is like I posted above.

For the opener I start with 4 Hitcombo Stacks, Prepot and go

ToD -> Serenity(+Trinkets) + RSK -> SotW -> FoF -> RSK -> BoK -> SCK
    I manage to do, with TW/BL & 10% haste (yeah, I know, a bit too much):

ToD -> Serenity -> RSK - SotW - BoK - RSK - FoF - RSK

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I believe the misunderstanding is from you interpreting the mid fight rotation as what you HAVE to do for Serenity. The article discusses how, and why, the CD reduction is the most important part of Serenity, and how even if you dont get the majority of the damage bonus, insuring that you get FoF in at the end, at the least. You dont want to delay FoF just bc Serenity is up, that kind defeats the purpose of the whole discussion about Serenity's CDR. If timing works out that FoF is available at the start of the Serenity buff, then use it then. Delaying it 1 second during Serenity is the same as 2s outside of Serenity, which isn't good.
    Well, derp. I always knew that the rotation for mid-fight serenity was fluid in terms of RSK/SotW/BoK/SCK, but I interpreted it as FoF being ideally cast right at the end for optimum use. This actually changes a lot for me.

So now, cast FoF ASAP during serenity, while ensuring you get two RSKs and a SotW off during it as well. Does this sum it up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebolt145 View Post
    Well, derp. I always knew that the rotation for mid-fight serenity was fluid in terms of RSK/SotW/BoK/SCK, but I interpreted it as FoF being ideally cast right at the end for optimum use. This actually changes a lot for me.

So now, cast FoF ASAP during serenity, while ensuring you get two RSKs and a SotW off during it as well. Does this sum it up?
    I'm in the same boat. When I read Babylonius' post about Serenity on WtW I understood it as "cast FoF at the end" as well.

Concerning skill usage during Serenity, I think you're basically right. At least as far as I understand the discussion here so far (I have to admit I have only limited time to read the forums at the moment so I might've missed stuff).
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

What talent setup do you run for mythic +?

I did well using chiburst + powerstrikes + dragonpunch so far but I want to push more dmg if possible.

Should I play Serenity in mythic+?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

I did well using chiburst + powerstrikes + dragonpunch so far but I want to push more dmg if possible.

I am not an expert windwalker miself, but Imho chosing between WDP or Serenity depends on basically two things:

1: Can you properly use serenity? (I am still learning to use it, so sometimes it is a dps decrease to me)
    2: Can you properly use serenity? (Yeah, I believe a perfect serenity execution can lead to a Aoe dps increase in some situations. However, I also think using WDP may help you achieve a more maintained aoe dps)

All in all, it is on last instance your choice. You may also consider which Mythic+ dungeon are you going to run ^^

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

Serenity is better for your typical M+ packs (3, 4, 5 mobs), as well as for bosses. The only instance in which SEF really shines is when you're pulling so many mobs that you couldn't possibly tag them all on your own. In Maw of Souls for example, you'll sometimes see tanks round up every pack before the first boss, which is around 12 mobs or so. I don't want to understate it; depending on what groups you run with and what difficulty you do, pulls like that might be very common, so you might get more use out of SEF. But I would say, in general, Serenity is better.

I'm ~875 almost exclusively in M+, and I run Chi Wave, Power Strikes and Serenity. Chi Wave I've been using for two reasons: one, it gives me a low cooldown filler to keep my combo up, since I have the boot legendary I sometimes find myself with ~3 Chi and everything on cooldown; two - and this is the biggest - the 15 second cooldown allows you to keep Hit Combo up between trash packs. FSK can do this as well, but it has a substantially longer cooldown and is actually useful as a mobility skill. Chi Burst has double the cooldown and I find that it's just not always up in certain situations (for example, the ramp leading up to Harbaron, or the RP before Helya). That being said, Chi Burst is AoE so it might be more damage in the long run even if you have to let Hit Combo drop every now and then.

Power Strikes I just take because I'm lazy. I rarely have Chi or Energy problems and I'd rather not deal with another button to hit. In my experience, the two are pretty close since it's hard to get 100% efficiency out of EB.

Thanks for your replies.

Deleted
    So i picked up the belt legendary Cinidaria, the Symbiote where you deal 30% more damage to mobs above 90% health and i was wondering does this make Serenity better than SEF for pretty much all situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashychan View Post
    So i picked up the belt legendary Cinidaria, the Symbiote where you deal 30% more damage to mobs above 90% health and i was wondering does this make Serenity better than SEF for pretty much all situations?
    Serenity is better than SEF in all situations unless you are using it incorrectly...

So decided to jump into serenity for the first time this week... I need more practice at it or need to get good cause Damn its harder than sef. Anyway on to my post. I wanted a little more clarification on a few things
    1- I'm not sure if it is my low haste, improper timings of spells, or if this is just how it is but the opener feels really tight and I usually can't get that last bok in. Maybe I'm waiting too long for fof to finish channeling? Is the final sck full channel or just use bok when the gcd comes up? But it seems I barely get the spells in during serenity and then have almost a second downtime waiting on the post serenity rsk which also doesn't feel right.

2- on topic about the mid fight serenity I know "optimal" is fof cd about 15 sec and sotw cd about 13, but it doesn't always line up like that. So what is the general priority during serenity? Sotw vs fof? Sick vs bok? And again should I be doing the full channel of sck or casting on the gcd?

3- general add question. Say adds spawn right as you are using serenity. Should I delay to get some tp and bok out for sck stacks? Or use the bok in the serenity rotation to tag them? Always feels like by the time I get fof out build up sck stacks and start to sck even mythic adds have been burst down by our dh, hunters, and dk.
    Edit- words (Damn auto correct)

Deleted
    Oh I wanna see what opener numbers I could reach with serenity and that belt...

Deleted
    Mr Monk Men, quick question. Right den, so im trying my best to learn Serenity since i grabbed the legendary belt Cinidaria, the Symbiote where you deal 30% more damage to mobs above 90% health and i was wondering Mid fight, is it a dps loss to hold off using serenity as soon as it becomes available until i can be sure FOF and SOTW will come off CD with Serenity is up. Im not sure if im doing it wrong but sometimes i feels like im holding off using it a good 10 secs extra so i can make sure i get SOTW in there. Thanks lads

I'm coming up on the ability to equip my second legendary, and I have two to choose from. I have the boots, and there's no way I'm removing those. My other options are Sephuz's Secret and the ToD gloves. For someone who runs exclusively Mythic+, which of the two do you guys think is more useful? I like the effect on the ring, but crit/haste is an issue for me right now since I'm overloaded on crit (equal to mastery at around 35% - both my rings would be crit/haste) and am already near 10% haste. I'm not a fan of the gloves since mythic+ pulls tend to be 4-5 mobs or more, especially when bolstering isn't active, and ToD doesn't represent a large portion of my damage on those fights.

Any opinions from M+ players? I'm leaning towards the ring but my stat sheet is making me gag - I'd be sitting on something like 38% crit, 32% mastery, 11% haste and 4% versa.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mr Monk Men, quick question. Right den, so im trying my best to learn Serenity since i grabbed the legendary belt Cinidaria, the Symbiote where you deal 30% more damage to mobs above 90% health and i was wondering Mid fight, is it a dps loss to hold off using serenity as soon as it becomes available until i can be sure FOF and SOTW will come off CD with Serenity is up. Im not sure if im doing it wrong but sometimes i feels like im holding off using it a good 10 secs extra so i can make sure i get SOTW in there. Thanks lads
    You will always have to delay it slightly to get SotW in, but it should never be more than 10s.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Does the monk enlightenment buff work in raid? its showing the buff on my character sheet, however when a player target me i was told its 0.