Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Reputation really should be account bound now

I genuinely believe Blizzard should make reputations account bound, especially with Legion being rather reputation heavy. We already have account bound toys, pets, mounts, heirlooms, transmog and achievements that I really see no reason not reputation too! Once we have slogged out the initial reputation grind on our main I don't know why we really have to on our alts too. Granted I never bothered much with reputation before Legion but since both Suramar and Class Armour is gated behind reputation it really makes me less inclined to alt knowing I have to spend over a month on each character just to fully open Suramar up. Alternative Blizzard could simply double or even triple reputation gain for alts. I genuinely believe people who alt play the longest and making that feel a chore just makes me think people will leave faster...

I can already predict the comments such as "don't be lazy" "don't alt" "you don't need them" but really is there a valid reason not to make these changes?

Deleted
    The one problem with account bound reputation is that people with more chars will get the rep up more quickly.
    You need some solid system here to prevent this, as it's not viable to block every daily/world quest associated with a faction when one char has done it, nor is a fixed 'only x rep per day' - system enjoyable.

Even though Legion is Rep heavy, Rep is earned very easy and quickly (imo), as you can practically do every world quest every few hours, which give a nice amount.
    However, the MoP System worked pretty well for me (Rep boost unlockable for a faction as soon as one char reches revered).

Also, the Suramar Dungeon unlocks will be accountwide next week, when 7.1 is released.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I genuinely believe Blizzard should make reputations account bound, especially with Legion being rather reputation heavy. We already have account bound toys, pets, mounts, heirlooms, transmog and achievements that I really see no reason not reputation too! Once we have slogged out the initial reputation grind on our main I don't know why we really have to on our alts too. Granted I never bothered much with reputation before Legion but since both Suramar and Class Armour is gated behind reputation it really makes me less inclined to alt knowing I have to spend over a month on each character just to fully open Suramar up. Alternative Blizzard could simply double or even triple reputation gain for alts. I genuinely believe people who alt play the longest and making that feel a chore just makes me think people will leave faster...

I can already predict the comments such as "don't be lazy" "don't alt" "you don't need them" but really is there a valid reason not to make these changes?
    I've been saying this for years. I have the beloved (60 exalteds) on my warrior, and it's a struggle when my guild needs a different class and I make the swap losing all these reps. It seems like if they made it account wide it'd be a simple process(i dont know what that process would be) but to avoid alts from power leveling the rep, only the highest rep progresses the account, or have a system similar to MoP where you can select which rep you want to bolster, you can set which character you want to give toward that rep or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    The one problem with account bound reputation is that people with more chars will get the rep up more quickly.
    You need some solid system here to prevent this, as it's not viable to block every daily/world quest associated with a faction when one char has done it, nor is a fixed 'only x rep per day' - system enjoyable.

Even though Legion is Rep heavy, Rep is earned very easy and quickly (imo), as you can practically do every world quest every few hours, which give a nice amount.
    However, the MoP System worked pretty well for me (Rep boost unlockable for a faction as soon as one char reches revered).

Also, the Suramar Dungeon unlocks will be accountwide next week, when 7.1 is released.
    See I am mixed about this because one hand I understand but on the other if somebody wants to do the reputation dailies 12x a day then why not, they're still doing the grind

Deleted
    See I am mixed about this because one hand I understand but on the other if somebody wants to do the reputation dailies 12x a day then why not, they're still doing the grind
    Too many people will cry about beeing forced to play all slots max level human (+10% rep racial) chars for rep progression if this ever happens.

Deleted
    As soon as you have reached Exalted with a faction it should be account wide. Not before... problem solved.

while i see both sides, i have to air on not sharing dailys. yes i have 12 characters, and could do what you mention here, but youre now penalizing players that may only have a couple characters or even maybe one at max level. that would really really suck for them, and in a way it sucks for the high end competitive players who need to then run 12 characters a day to max out for their raiding main.

the only way to solve this is take out all incentive to do reps for rewards that matter, then who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endrachi View Post
    As soon as you have reached Exalted with a faction it should be account wide. Not before... problem solved.
    that might be the only way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endrachi View Post
    I would say Revered personally but that works too

Or you could have it that. once you have done the quest on one char, the quest doesnt give rep to the other chars but still gives rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcway and CoS being unlocked account wide next reset will solve all the problems I have with reputations in Legion. Other than that, I literally don't care. Class hall gear doesn't really matter, since by the time you unlock it (except maybe the first few pieces) you have better gear in that slot anyway.

That said, something ala MoP where after you reach revered (or exalted) on one character you can buy a token that gives you more rep with that faction for all other characters on your account wouldn't be bad either, since the Suramar quests do give an awful lot of AP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Arcway and CoS being unlocked account wide next reset will solve all the problems I have with reputations in Legion. Other than that, I literally don't care. Class hall gear doesn't really matter, since by the time you unlock it (except maybe the first few pieces) you have better gear in that slot anyway.

That said, something ala MoP where after you reach revered (or exalted) on one character you can buy a token that gives you more rep with that faction for all other characters on your account wouldn't be bad either, since the Suramar quests do give an awful lot of AP
    The class hall gear is more for transmog imo, but if alts had access to them easier at 110 it would make raids busier

Deleted
    The class hall gear is more for transmog imo, but if alts had access to them easier at 110 it would make raids busier
    The main problem with alts is not gearing them up.
    The real issue here is the sheer amount of timegating (a few days, even if you use the companion app) by follower missions to unlock the third relic slot. If you don't have unlocked the slot, you are simply way less effective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    The main problem with alts is not gearing them up.
    The real issue here is the sheer amount of timegating (a few days, even if you use the companion app) by follower missions to unlock the third relic slot. If you don't have unlocked the slot, you are simply way less effective.
    There is a lot of unnecessary gating for alts

I agree that once you reach exalted, it should become account-wide. This would stop people from getting exalted by just doing prequests (the ones that give a ton) and you'd have put in the work for the full deal.

The problem would be when they make such intricate and long experiences like Suramar. Should alts also have all the portals? Skipping the quests to setup contacts in the cities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I agree that once you reach exalted, it should become account-wide. This would stop people from getting exalted by just doing prequests (the ones that give a ton) and you'd have put in the work for the full deal.

The problem would be when they make such intricate and long experiences like Suramar. Should alts also have all the portals? Skipping the quests to setup contacts in the cities?
    No, they should still do the quest chain imo, besides the AP rewards alone make it worthwhile. It would just remove the honoured / revered / exalted roadblock

10+ Year Old Account
    The account wide reputation should be whatever your highest repped character is for each faction.

For example:
    After account wide reputation has been activated, I first login to an alt that is Friendly with The Nightfallen. My reputation is now converted to account wide reputation. Next, I login to my main who is Revered with The Nightfallen. When its reputation is converted to be account wide, I become Revered with The Nightfallen account wide (including on my alt).
    Last edited by Talyrius; 2016-10-21 at 01:57 PM.

I agree, Rep should be available account wide, specially with some of the rep gating they did in Legion. Hidden Artifact Appearances, Recipes, and other things gated behind Exalted for several factions. My main is already Exalted with everyone, who cares if somebody wants to grind up rep on another character because of the rep buff.

Deleted
    It shouldn't be account wide because that makes zero sense from a characters perspective.

However I think they should of kept the system brought in MoP that boosted rep gains once you reached Revered with at least one character. At least that way you still have to put in some effort to get to exalted not just have it handed over.

I'd like a return of MoP's system. Get to exalted and buy an account wide token that doubles rep gains for that faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
    The account wide reputation should be whatever your highest repped character is for each faction.

For example:
    After account wide reputation has been activated, I first login to an alt that is Friendly with The Nightfallen. My reputation is now converted to account wide reputation. Next, I login to my main who is Revered with The Nightfallen. When its reputation is converted to be account wide, I become Revered with The Nightfallen account wide (including on my alt).
    This model. 100%.