Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TiltEV View Post
    Where's the lumbar support? Sry, I wouldn't fall for that hype.
    So it lacked lumber support when you sat in one and tried it out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    So it lacked lumber support when you sat in one and tried it out?
    It's called common sense. The back of the chair is completely flat. It doesn't take a genius to figure out there's no/very little lumbar support.

It's a glorified dxracer, nothing more.

The lack of lumbar isn't even the most uncomfortable thing about those chairs. Like I said earlier, the bolsters are terrible. If you ever sit on your chair indian style, or cross legged, or basically any position that doesn't have your legs next to each other with your feet flat on the floor those bolsters are right in the way. If you ever plan on using the chair while playing with a controller, again the bolsters get in the way of your arms and it's uncomfortable. You can't have the controller in your lap with your arms at your side because the bolsters are in the way and it causes you to have your arms way out in front of your body, and it's just awkward.

I've had one for a while now. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's not a completely terrible chair. The quality is excellent and it's a nice sturdy chair with good foam that'll never wear out, but the foam is a bit on the stiff side, and the bolsters ruin the chairs. The one I have (need for seat) actually has decent lumbar support and it's adjustable. An office chair for the same price is a much better option.

gut I want a new chair....stop posting these threads xD I know I want a DXracer, unless I once got into a furniture store that would change my views on what a comfy chair is...but I live in a small town that only has a JYSK....
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

What you want is a quality office chair, not these crappy "gaming" chairs. In particular, you want lower parts to be have metal in certain parts such tire joints. The more metal parts it has, the more durable your chair is. I think premium ones were using Chromium, take a look at what kind of metal they are using. Make sure real leather is used as texture.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-10-21 at 08:58 PM.

It's called common sense. The back of the chair is completely flat. It doesn't take a genius to figure out there's no/very little lumbar support.

It's a glorified dxracer, nothing more.
    So basically you're telling me a chair is uncomfortable from a picture. That's a pretty fucking arrogant position to take and i'll comfortably ignore you. But you are a very special and unique individual who can see through hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you're telling me a chair is uncomfortable from a picture. That's a pretty fucking arrogant position to take and i'll comfortably ignore you. But you are a very special and unique individual who can see through hype.
    I never said that now, did I? You shouldn't assume things like this. Also, don't take things so personally because honestly, I don't care... If you want to waste your money on a sub-par product (when comparing it to similar products) in that price range; more power to you.

Honestly, you sound like an insecure person so I'm going to return the favor and forgive your ignorance.

I never said that now, did I? You shouldn't assume things like this. Also, don't take things so personally because honestly, I don't care... If you want to waste your money on a sub-par product (when comparing it to similar products) in that price range; more power to you.

Honestly, you sound like an insecure person so I'm going to return the favor and forgive your ignorance.
    So again, you're giving me an opinion on a product you've never tried. That's arrogance, you offered an uneducated opinion and got called out for on it. Don't get so upset you feel the need to belittle me. It's unbecoming.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that you probably want a good office chair rather than a "gaming chair". I ended up getting an office chair from dx racer (http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/prod...lassic_series/) and I can't say enough good things about it. Arms great, sturdy as hell, seat great, back great. Every other year I was buying a new chair at Staples/Office Depot/Etc. and the best chair there does not compare in any way to my DXR. It's obviously more, but I've had my chair for a year now and you'd never know. Nothing loose, nothing squeaky, nothing worn ... it's like I just got it yesterday. Really well worth the extra money. I fully expect to be sitting in this chair for years to come, and in the same period of time I'm sure I would have spent much more for 3 or 4 cheaper chairs and been nowhere near as happy. (P.S. I'm not a paid spokesperson )

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    To be fair. The chair doesn't have any lumbar support. Or real neck support. That's why they give you 2 pillows to make up for it.

Not sure I'd drop that much on a chair with pillows to make up for the lack of support built into the chair itself.

I'm also curious, have you tried these chairs?
    Tried one of the faux leather ones for an short period of time without the pillows and it was great, didn't notice any lack of support and it didn't put me in a slouch position which a lot of office chairs seem to. The build quality is what I'm after and i'm willing to pay for that. I get sick of replacing chairs.

That being said I'll be trying one out for an extended period before I drop that sort of cash.

Got it, so you're recommending this chair for long usage without having ever tried it for such things.
    I've tried it tho and I only offered it as an option to look at. I didn't put forward made up opinions from pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    So again, you're giving me an opinion on a product you've never tried. That's arrogance, you offered an uneducated opinion and got called out for on it. Don't get so upset you feel the need to belittle me. It's unbecoming.

I'm going to be blunt here for a moment; the general consensus is that whenever a company is selling you a 'gaming oriented chair' it's usually garbage, mate. Just because professional streamers and youtubers push for a product doesn't necessarily make it a wise choice as far as ergonomics go.

Sit in an equally priced chair with ergonomics in mind and honestly tell yourself which is best after 8+ hours of use 7 days out of the week. I'm sorry you're so easily offended you have to defend your future purchase.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2016-10-22 at 03:32 AM.

I'm going to be blunt here for a moment; the general consensus is that whenever a company is selling you a 'gaming oriented chair' it's usually garbage, mate. Just because professional streamers and youtubers push for a product doesn't necessarily make it a wise choice as far as ergonomics go.

Sit in an equally priced chair with ergonomic in mind and honestly tell yourself which is best after 8+ hours of use 7 days out of the week. I'm sorry you're so easily offended you have to defend your future purchase.
    Let me be blunt. I only care about opinions from people who have tried the product. Not people who think they're special for not falling for hype.

- - - Updated - - -

The only problem here is that opinion was accurate. The chair has so little lumbar support(important for long usage, not short) that it comes with pillows to correct the issue. And you're recommending it by offering it as an option. If you don't know if it's good for long usage you're actually worse than @TiltEV was considering @TiltEV made an accurate, educated, assessment. Get over it and good luck with the overpriced chair.
    But I've tried it and didn't even notice a lack of lumbar support.

Have you tried them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me be blunt. I only care about opinions from people who have tried the product. Not people who think they're special for not falling for hype.
    Lmao. You're deluded.

Enjoy your 'gaming' chair

Lmao. You're deluded.

Enjoy your 'gaming' chair
    Kk special snowflake. Here's your medal for being above hype.

Yes, and the first thing I noticed was the lack of lumbar support. I asked the guy working at the store and he told me about the pillows(how I knew about them in the first place). It's honestly not worth the money imo.
    Could be my height but I can't say I noticed it. It'll definately be on my mind next time I try them.

Little on the odd side but, i have used a lazyboy as my office chair fr the past 5 years. Works great to put mouse pad on arm cushion. And the ability to put my feet up or lean back is amazing. Im also 6'10" so most normal office chairs feel like rubbish to me.

I've tried 3 different DXRacer chairs over a period of about 4 months, honestly they're overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Multistryke View Post
    I've tried 3 different DXRacer chairs over a period of about 4 months, honestly they're overrated.
    Your comment is as useful to the discussion exactly as if you were to say "Lamborghini makes slow cars" and could very well be considered trolling at this point. Why do you make such bold claims without explaining? Makes you look so bad actually.
    Explain, bring arguments etc. Which models have you tried? Which kind of size, materials, what kind of foam firmness? If you believe they're bad, then what else at the same price point have you found to be better? Or what else cheaper provides similar build quality / adjustments / comfort?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried sitting in a couple DXracers in a local store here and I wasn't impressed tbh. Comfortable enough (nothing special though) ONLY if you sit "like you're supposed to", i.e any kind of sagging or 1 leg raised or something and there's just no support left.
    Worst thing was the armrests though which are made out of cheap plastic with no padding whatsoever = very very uncomfortable even after a short period of time.