Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ring needs EZ fix... USE on 2minute cd and that fixes it.

Neck.... Well thats just crap :/
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

The problem is that for certain classes, you have legendaries that increase DPS by 20-30%. Like bracers for UH.

Then you have Prydaz.

Then you have bosses like Mythic Ursoc.

when bosses dont enrage, there wont be any timed phases and mythics+ wont require to be completed in time limit, you might have a point
    So to combat my point that damage dealers tend to ignore everything but damage, you tell me that as long as there is a damage requirement, you can ignore all other elements of the fight. I think you might be profing my point here^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Just how often do you get a "random titanforged world quest reward of ilvl 895? Or actually 925 as of next week?
    Besides the 895 purple is not upgradeable, but the legendairy will be next week.

Thing is; most bosses in fact have adds; which becomes ALL BOSSES on mythic (I give you Ursoc as i don't know if the adds there are suspectible to any kind of CC).
    I agree that some are more of a direct boost than other legedaries; but you not being capable to utilize the one you got makes you bad, not the item at hand.
    You won't be able to upgrade the legendaries until the night hold raid is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Do you have a link for that?

Not arguing, just really hoping you are right.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=4#comments

Right now a lot of player focus is on getting the rotation-transforming or straight-up DPS increasing legendaries. This means some of the more utility orientated legendaries are being somewhat undervalued.

Further down the line, having multiple legendaries can add a new layer of character customisation as those utility legendaries can come in useful in higher difficulty mythic keystone dungeons and raids. Being able to swap around these legendaries to unlock new strategic options to tailor your character for specific situations. This is not to say that the utility legendaries will be required for such content, just that they provide an additional layer of strategic depth.

Of course, for that first legendary when you're really hoping for that straight-up DPS increase, we realise it's disappointing to get one of the utility ones. We realise that some of the utility legendaries aren't very attractive right now and we have some tuning, or in a few cases, potential re-designs, aimed at those legendaries in the future.

Also, grats on your legendary - I still don't have one!
    No idea how to post it as a blue quote sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because a defencive legendary may be amazing for defence
    but to a dps who all they care about is leet dps, that legendary is SHIT

so no, legendaries arnt SHIT
    they just each have their own uses, and each have their own use
    What about one that gives me 2.5 yards on my ranged spells that barely does much when I already am at 45 yards and has the worst stats on it? I would rather have the neck or ring then the leather chest for boomkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the legendaries are bad, they all have a use in some way or another. The niche ones that only boost utility can work out for some cheese strats if used correctly

Quote Originally Posted by iDadio View Post
    I got the neck and felt quite disheartened about it but the survivability you get from the shield is so helpful, running Nyth heroic I was consistently the last one alive because rot wasn't an absolute death sentence if you was out of range or the healers were struggling.

Now that my gear has gone up though it has started to be surplus to requirements so I am interested to see what the rework is.
    except for the fact, that rot will stop proccing the neck, so this works only once per phase and only on the initial damage, which shouldnt be an issue for healers regardless...

for this reason alone, the neck is pretty damn bad on nintendo, dragons and cenarius, it just cant proc with the perma dots

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...age=4#comments

No idea how to post it as a blue quote sorry.
    Thank ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Thank ya!
    No worries, at first when you said link I thought you meant for the guy with two "shit" legenderies xD I was in the middle of writing out a massive reply of why I want people to stay anomonous when I share stuff xD, part way through I was like, why the hell does he want to know who in specific xD

Deleted
    What they should have done was make every legendary a DPS/Tank/Heal upgrade, but different ways to achieve it.

Or

Make every legendary non-output. So only legendaries like the neck shield, boots with speed etc etc.

Right now the problem is people dont want to get benched because they cant outperform others in their percentile because they didnt get their output legendary.

People just need to get out of the idea that every Legendary is for raiding, there are some are clearly made for raiding and give big increase in DPS/Damage Recudction etc etc, others are for PVP and other for just world questing and general soloing. There is reason why you can only equip two you swap then around depending on what you are doing

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    So to combat my point that damage dealers tend to ignore everything but damage, you tell me that as long as there is a damage requirement, you can ignore all other elements of the fight. I think you might be profing my point here^^
    nice spin.

damage dealers are there to deal damage, not to pick up slack for healers with unreliable and weak utility legendaries. Also more damage = shorter fight = less strain on healers - damage legendaries help healers in indirect way, too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    On that same token, why have a bunch of different options if only some of them are good?
    If you provide players with a bunch of different options, there will always be options that are better and there will always be one that is the best for a player in whatever situation they find themselves in. Talents are another example of this; no matter how well you balance them there will always be one talent that edges out and beats the others, even if just by a tiny margin. The hardcore will always go for that talent, and everyone who wants to be top of the meters will follow. Legendaries have a similar thing going. All legendaries have uses in different situations, but there will always be one or two that are considered the best because they provide the biggest DPS increase, or the biggest survivability increase, or the biggest healing increase.

In a game like WoW that is theorycrafted and simulated to death, you only have two option. You either give players options and choices, which comes with imbalance, or you have perfect balance where everything is equal, without any real meaningful choice.

Now, I don't necessarily think the legendaries we see in Legion are perfectly designed. I do feel that some of them are pretty mediocre, and can be a bit disappointing if you get them. I think there being some choice of what kind of legendary you want to get might be a good thing. Perhaps legendary tokens that you can then exchange for a type of legendary, like you can choose "I want a legendary that increases my damage output" and you will get one of the ones that does just that. I don't think allowing players to choose exactly what legendary they want would be much fun, however, because then it would just turn into another grind without much excitement.

Overall, I think legendaries are a good addition to Legion, but they're not perfect. There will probably be some refinement down the road.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2016-10-21 at 03:26 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    People just need to get out of the idea that every Legendary is for raiding, there are some are clearly made for raiding and give big increase in DPS/Damage Recudction etc etc, others are for PVP and other for just world questing and general soloing. There is reason why you can only equip two you swap then around depending on what you are doing
    I thank RNGesus every time I go into a battleground with my bubble shield necklace. Oh wait....

legendaries are honestly the stupidest thing to come out of this expansion. They should have just made the effects on them Golden traits through the artifact system so you actually had meaningful choices when leveling this stupid weapon

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    That would be great and all if legendaries weren't disabled in pvp tho Sephuz isn't as bad as I first thought when I got it since u can proc it if u can use a cc that does damage although not all classes or specs can do this with realistically

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Bolded all the false there to help you.

First of all WQs scale way beyond 835 (i got an 870 TF shadow relic from WQ yesterday just leaving it here). The scale of the items is relative to your gear. If you have bad gear then yeah you will probably see 835s. If you have 865 gear though you get chances to hit 870-880. This happens in WQs, in dungeons, in raids. Since you can only control when the quest finishes in WQs you SHOULD (just an advice) wear your BEST ilevel when doing raid or dungeon so you get more chance to proc a really high item. If you don't wanna do it stay put man and enjoy your 835s from WQs. Even the shittiest legendary though = +3-4 ilevels on top of your gear. So you are basically pushing for higher ilvel drops just by that.

So next time you make an attempt to "prove someone wrong" please make sure you have a clue what you are talking about. If you don't know just google a bit, research a bit or simply ask there is no shame in learning. There is much shame in calling people wrong and arrogant and then stating false info like yours.

- - - Updated - - -
    I have never seen a WQ reward with a base ilvl above 840. And it's pretty rare for them to war/titanforge more then 10-15 ilvls. They need to titanforge like 25+ ilvls at least for me to consider it a sidegrade at this point.

But if you have some form of real confirmation that your overall ilvl increases titanforging chances, please share it and ill start doing those quest again.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The problem lies with your understanding of what "legendary" stands for. No its no longer the extra-ordinary item that will make you stand out. It is a glorified stat stick. More like a trinket for another slot of gear. Thats why you get it by RnG thats why it is so random what you get thats why it doesn't matter so much if you never get it. Just because you think it matters doesn't mean it does.
    I just don't really understand the tact you're taking on this. People are complaining that they suck and you basically confirm that yeah, they suck and aren't very legendary, but they're not supposed to be and people should stop complaining because reasons.

The Legiondary system doesn't just suck because some of the items are bad. It sucks in every way in which it is possible to suck. People knew it would suck from the instant it was announced, and the real marvel is that it has managed to suck far more than people predicted.
    Last edited by Supercool; 2016-10-21 at 04:35 PM.

They aren't bad, you are just short sighted.
    The real issue is why they designed utility AND dps ones.
    I understand the response from Ion, but its not a very good idea either way.
    They should have just made all the legendaries utility based OR make them all rotation changing dps increases.

THEN add the second type later?
    Idk either way its really not that serious.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV