Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    and now that many quest is behind normal mythic and next 5 man is mythic only there should be lfg to normal mythic too

Deleted
    The fact that his discussion is even taking place in regards to a mmo is sincerely mind blowing for me. Almost the entire premise of a MMO is the social interaction. That's why they get all those people on the same server, that's the entire god damn point. Otherwise there would be only a lobby from where you can que up ala LoL or CS or dota or w/e.

When you are in dalaran or your garrison or out in the wild you are still playing the game. When you go to the vendor or the trainer or w/e you are still playing the game. How some people managed to play a MMO for years upon years and they don't have at least a few healers, tanks, crafters, enchanters etc on their friend list is truly amazing for me. You spammed the chat in wotlk for beserking enchant? Perfect, tip the guy and add him to your friends list. Now you have a enchanter when you need one. Did that fast and smooth halls of origination? Perfect, say thanks for the run to the tank/healer and ask them if you can add them. They say no you go about your merry day. No Problem. When i hear people complaining they sit in w/e queues for hours i have to ask: "where is your friend list?". Maybe you get along better with some of them and later down the lane you join their guild or help them with crafting or godfather their children.

What are you even afraid of? You are an anonymous character in a virtual world, what are the mean people gonna do to you? Come visit your garrison? Why do you even play a mmo if not for doing stuff with other people? (and here i'm not referring to the "bots" you get auto-grouped with, cus let's be honest they might as well be bots considering the level of interaction that takes place in LFR).

I have "friends" dating back to vanilla with who my only interactions across the years boils down to "hey up to tank x?", "hey can you do y enchant", and ofc the yearly happy bday or merry xmas. I never ever had to wait in a queue or god forbid spam trade chat because to reiterate: IT'S A GOD DAMN MMO, not client queue 2016 "press GO to get into the action".

Come on mmo-champion i know we can do this, let's say it together: WoW is a MMO.
    Last edited by mmoc5eb999422e; 2016-10-21 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I don't assume anyone is toxic. I'm usually one of the pepole in the group that is willing to teach people fights and forgive mistakes. It's not my fault that usually one or two people per group take issue with it and I don't really want to change the way I play to cater to ass holes. Nor do I enjoy the constant gamble that is matchmaking.

You want to help the community? Maybe realise that people play the game differently and unless they are harassing people maybe just leave them be?

I'm not trying to make friends. I'm trying to explore a world with the friends I have.
    No, I'm pretty sure you are one of those players who if given criticism, no matter how polite or honest it is, you go hyperventilate in a bag.

See, I can make assumptions about you too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Yeah beardy titan walking arround infracting everyone who doesn't agree on his whine
    I'm not sure if this is sarcasm. I'm not a moderator. Do you really want to see my infractions page over the last year? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I'm not assuming anything about you.
    You've repeated multiple times I am the sort of toxic person this community has. All based on one opinion on one subject.

So yea, you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I have no interest in making groups as I lack the experience required to lead these.
    I won't sit for hours, looking at a LFG tool interface, scouting and waiting to find a group willing to take me.

If there are no tools to help me out, in-game, I won't be "rising to the challenge", I'll simply unsubscribe. And that's cool with me too.
    Finally some honesty.

Even if it's extremely unrealistic and unreasonable honesty, it's still honesty.

I'm pretty sure if the same people complaining about 850 requirements made a group asking for 830s they would fill up pretty quickly. The fact is they want to be carried themselves and get mad when they get rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the reson why it works in FF XIV though is because community there is completly totaly different then the one from wow - people actually help each other instead just being toxic to one another.
    While a fair point, there are helpful people in WoW as well and I feel having a system that required a group to actually work through a dungeon rather than just roflstomp it, would force people to act with a more "we're in this together" attitude. That's honestly how LFG worked when it was first implemented...for a while at least. I remember the WotLK Heroics leading up to ICC, but primarily Pit of Sauron, being one of those that groups would stick together and work through it. Towards the end when people had run it 100000 times that attitude changed, but during the learning phase most people were accommodating and helpful because everyone just wanted to get it done and knew/ thought it would be more work leaving and re-queuing than just teaching people and working through it with the group you have.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how if people disagree with the OP's gross generalizations he says they're making excuses and/or suffer from some sort of mental illness.

Had I not made an alt this expansion I too probably never would have realized there is a problem with the way Mythics are set up. My main has zero issues getting into a Mythic group or a EN pug. But class balance is so horrible, and people's attitudes so toxic, and people's expectations so unreasonable half the specs for half the classes are considered not viable. Even on my main, which gets into Mythics with zero effort and faceroll them, I've come to realize there is zero reason for regular Mythic to not be queue-able. They're not hard, the manual group finding doesn't add any sense of community since nobody ever talks unless it's to bitch and moan, it's all just an arbitrary hassle. Mythic+? Sure, make that require making a group manually because those can actually be challenging at higher levels. Regular Mythic though? Nah, all that arbitrary manual group finding nonsense does is make it so that your average person never gets to use it.

And normal EN? Easy! Getting a group for it? Again, if you picked the right class/spec and you overgear it. Make your own group you say? Anyone who has ever raided in any capacity knows that no matter how trivial the content, forming and organizing a group of people and leading them in a raid is not a skill that most people possess. That said, there is really no reason why with as trivial as normal EN is that it's not queue-able. Normal EN is what LFR EN should have been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Queued to cata hcs as a tank and as a dps hunter just fine didn't have any problems. retards died sure but we just 3-4 manned bosses with ease

definitely over estimating these dungeons, you are.
    Now Imagine you're group consists only of people who ignore all the mechanics, just tunnel on the boss, and have poor dps/hps. What to you think will happen then? Maybe what happened in Cata? Just maybe?

I think the issue many have is that "Mythic" dungeons are only really hard if you do them drastically undergeared and are otherwise just glorified heroics without the queue system. They're not hard enough to justify not using a LFG system to auto-form parties and that would keep people from being gated off from a whole two dungeons and one incoming patch dungeon as well.

Anyone who isn't a dumbass doesn't argue that there's nothing wrong with the system being the way it is, more just that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense given the difficulty of the content itself. These dungeons are not really all that hard on mythic and honestly it's more just a pain in the ass to try to apply or form than anything. I don't personally have that much of a problem with it but I can absolutely see where people are coming from.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-10-21 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think the issue many have is that "Mythic" dungeons are only really hard if you do them drastically undergeared and are otherwise just glorified heroics without the queue system. They're not hard enough to justify not using a LFG system to auto-form parties and that would keep people from being gated off from a whole two dungeons and one incoming patch dungeon as well.

Anyone who isn't a dumbass doesn't argue that there's nothing wrong with the system being the way it is, more just that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. These dungeons are not really all that hard on mythic and honestly it's more just a pain in the ass to try to apply or form than anything. I don't personally have that much of a problem with it but I can absolutely see where people are coming from.
    Yea and then you'll get basically ZG/ZA 2.0... where people failed all day every day

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yea and then you'll get basically ZG/ZA 2.0... where people failed all day every day
    And people who didn't want to try and fail like me in 4.1 formed their own parties and queued. If you wanted to be patient and form up with pugs you had the option, if you wanted to give it a shot solo you had the option.

Failure isn't something that should immediately leave something exempt from the idea of being put in a queue system. If people are so impatient that they're unwilling to accept that semi-challenging stuff can sometimes be failed at no fault of their own and that group content requires a group then that's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I love how if people disagree with the OP's gross generalizations he says they're making excuses and/or suffer from some sort of mental illness.
    Again.

I've yet to see anything other than two categories of excuses:

"I won't..."

or

"I can't..."

One is a choice, the other is a lie.

Neither of these are a Blizzard problem, they are a player problem.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-21 at 04:27 PM.

For those people that claim they dont get accepted into groups, or make their own groups but have no one join, have you tried joining a guild or making friends. Im casual and only play 2-3 times a week. Found a casual guild that dsnt care if i cant make every raid. Im 864 ilvl as a frost dk. As a frost dk i know what its like to get declined all day. I can link a keystone in guild and get a group within 5 minutes. I remember the ppl i run with, befriend them, and see if they want to join groups in the future. Its really not that hard. This is the most casual friendly wow has ever been. If its still too hard for u, maybe wow isnt the right game for you.

Your points aside, there is absolutely no reason anyone should care about this. The premade group finder is extremely easy to use and there is no reason anyone should fear using it.
    The main reason these dungeons should remain as is, is because flying to and organizing your own group is a very healthy practice in World of Warcraft.
    Getting ported to dungeons is not how the game should be played, and is a major issue that has contributed to the downfall of a persistent social world up until Legion.

I COULD support LFD forming the group for you and then flying there after that, but there is really no difference than just using the premade group.
    Consider the alternative - a third party website or trade chat.

There is nothing to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    and now that many quest is behind normal mythic and next 5 man is mythic only there should be lfg to normal mythic too
    You can just form a group and head there yourself. Its not difficult, and is far more conducive to a persistent social world, something that has been gone from the game for a long time.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with group finder is that it is either hit or miss. As a tank, I no longer use LFG tool to assemble for a mythic or mythic + because people are awful. Not everyone, but their are so many more bad people who just don't give a fuck then people who legit try. It is this large community of players and the lack of any repercussion that is cancer to LFG.

What LFG needs is a ranking system of some sort kind of like that old website/addon we had before they introduced LFG. You could leave notes about how terrible people were or how good they were. If you were an asshole, troll, or complete shitlord people had an option to leave a remark where future group leaders could see. Players were able to separate toxic individuals from the pack and it was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think those who are adamant on using the matchmaking tool are reliant on its "It's a hassle to get rid of a player" feature.

In a group finder-based party, the group leader (and whoever they have made assists in a raid) has the ability to just remove these players, but in LFG/LFR, they tend to just be tolerated long enough to get the content done - even if all they're doing is auto-attacking. And if the player has an attitude problem, chances are they're not going to admit to it either - instead, they'll "worry" about their "low dps"; because that's what's been getting them kicked out of groups, in their eyes.

I kind of hate the "we're forcing you to play with these people" aspect of the matchmaking services, which is why I don't use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    And people who didn't want to try and fail like me in 4.1 formed their own parties and queued. If you wanted to be patient and form up with pugs you had the option, if you wanted to give it a shot solo you had the option.

Failure isn't something that should immediately leave something exempt from the idea of being put in a queue system. If people are so impatient that they're unwilling to accept that semi-challenging stuff can sometimes be failed at no fault of their own and that group content requires a group then that's on them.
    And the people who only wanted to queue would go on the forums and wage war and content would get nerfed as a result.
    Or did you not remember that happening?

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    And the people who only wanted to queue would go on the forums and wage war and content would get nerfed as a result.
    Or did you not remember that happening?
    Pretty much this.

Without fail if the system is put in the automated service of grouping people they are almost obligated to nerf the challenge down to the bottom barrel player denominator or face the new "outrage" of content is to hard.

I mean look at Emerald Dream LFR. Nightmare Dragons? lol just tank all of them in the same spot and kill it. Stacks? What stacks?

The good news is, I don't have to do these things. The problem is this does not foster a bad player getting better, it fosters a "lol IDGAF" and we are stuck in an endless feedback loop of the community as a whole staying shitty.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-10-21 at 04:59 PM.

This is a twisted analogy. If anything there are many people that ask for the complete removal of LFG, demanding more forced socialization between players.