Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastera View Post
    The reason why some of you struggle to get used to DB is because you think there's a secret playstyle to it. Just run up to the boss and auto attack him, it's the same thing as playing with Bite without needing to spam a generator.
    Not really. If you do that, you'll find yourself rage starved 24/7. DBs is strong because of the bank system, 'cause otherwise, the fury generation is very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Not really. If you do that, you'll find yourself rage starved 24/7. DBs is strong because of the bank system, 'cause otherwise, the fury generation is very poor.
    I do it, I'm never rage starved

I believe you are overthinking it. I'm not saying you're doing it wrong or anything I just think you're really push this sense of careful planning that really does not exist with DB
    Last edited by Hastera; 2016-10-21 at 04:26 PM.
    You don't even know what video games are

I believe you are overthinking it. I'm not saying you're doing it wrong or anything I just think you're really push this sense of careful planning that really does not exist with DB
    I don't think I ever do that anymore. Now that I have Demon Blades down, there is never a case of sitting there AAing away. If you have to do that, then you have not GCD'ed yourself properly to bank the charges. If you can manage to GCD lock yourself during the momentum window. One auto attack should put you back at 70-80 fury. Standing around AAing for too long means something is wrong.

Well, the planing I'm talking about is knowing when your AA is going to come off so you can react to it. You can't start your GCD until that AA happens, after all.

Well, the planing I'm talking about is knowing when your AA is going to come off so you can react to it. You can't start your GCD until that AA happens, after all.
    This simply isn't true. You can treat fury generation with DB like rage generation, putting this much effort into it is just a waste of time and frankly when other people ask for advice on how to play properly with DB it just makes them nervous for no reason :/

This simply isn't true. You can treat fury generation with DB like rage generation, putting this much effort into it is just a waste of time and frankly when other people ask for advice on how to play properly with DB it just makes them nervous for no reason :/
    But... its true? DB cannot generate Fury unless it procs in an open GCD.

Going into a Momo window Fury starved with TG in CD is dumb. (if at least one Fel Rush charge is in CD)

But... its true? DB cannot generate Fury unless it procs in an open GCD.

Going into a Momo window Fury starved with TG in CD is dumb. (if at least one Fel Rush charge is in CD)
    Lol...I'm not saying it doesn't operate that way, what I'm saying is that any sort of planing outside of how much fury you have going into a momo is ridiculous. If you want to pretend like it makes a difference that's fine I suppose.

Lol...I'm not saying it doesn't operate that way, what I'm saying is that any sort of planing outside of how much fury you have going into a momo is ridiculous. If you want to pretend like it makes a difference that's fine I suppose.
    You don't seem to understand me, but lets leave it like that.

You don't seem to understand me, but lets leave it like that.
    No I definitely understand you, what you're saying just isn't true to the extent that you think, but lets leave it like that.

Hastera do you have any logs we can see what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralor View Post
    Hastera do you have any logs we can see what you are talking about?
    What do you mean what I'm talking about? Yeah you can look at my logs I guess, but I'm not sure why it's relevant. (I can't post links, hastera-arthas)

I switched to dblades like 2-3 weeks ago. I got a swing-timer but i personally don't pay much attention to it. It doesn't register offhand hits anyway, and i've looked for a 100% working swing-timer, there just is none. So most of the time i just mash buttons, i fail at some parts (like being disciplined with TG inside momentum), but i still manage: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=25.

The only times i worry about swing-timer is when i am fury starved for a long while, which VERY rarely happens.

i have been practicing DB's A ton on both a dummy and world quests. Even got to try it on mythic Ursoc and found my damage suffering and not as good as when I play prep. I find myself doing exactly as explained and watching AA's and weaving Mom. phases around them. But all to often I have to wait to generate fury to go into a Mom phase or I'll have no fury. I keep reading Crit plays a huge role and atm only have 42%. Also I noted that on the dummy (which is where I have been doing most of my testing) I miss alot even though I am on the side or rear.

Would really appreciate some more feedback or help, not sure if I am retarded or just missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    i have been practicing DB's A ton on both a dummy and world quests. Even got to try it on mythic Ursoc and found my damage suffering and not as good as when I play prep. I find myself doing exactly as explained and watching AA's and weaving Mom. phases around them. But all to often I have to wait to generate fury to go into a Mom phase or I'll have no fury. I keep reading Crit plays a huge role and atm only have 42%. Also I noted that on the dummy (which is where I have been doing most of my testing) I miss alot even though I am on the side or rear.

Would really appreciate some more feedback or help, not sure if I am retarded or just missing it.
    Just play like you would with prepared, the only difference is less spamming demonbites and VR and more time focusing on the fight. Until there's a fully functioning swing-timer i wouldnt bother with it. I haven't found one that register/show offhand hits yet, quite pointless without.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralor View Post
    I don't think I ever do that anymore. Now that I have Demon Blades down, there is never a case of sitting there AAing away. If you have to do that, then you have not GCD'ed yourself properly to bank the charges. If you can manage to GCD lock yourself during the momentum window. One auto attack should put you back at 70-80 fury. Standing around AAing for too long means something is wrong.
    Simple counter fact: miss string of AA. Yes it happens and you can rarely however sit during 4 sec~ waiting for a hit.

Deleted
    What do you mean what I'm talking about? Yeah you can look at my logs I guess, but I'm not sure why it's relevant. (I can't post links, hastera-arthas)
    If you just hammer away with Demon Blades you are going to end up in situations where you enter momentum with about 0-40 fury, keep using abilities since you want to use them during momentum, and generate fuckall fury, thus drastically lowering your output. Knowing your swing timer, you can predict when an attack will happen, wait for it, get fury gen and then straight after drop a GCD for optimal effect.
    I mean by your logic you don't have to extend momentum windows and just click fel rush/VR whenever you feel like it, and it'll work, but it's the equivilent of jamming a 20 inch dildo straight up your DPS pooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    If you just hammer away with Demon Blades you are going to end up in situations where you enter momentum with about 0-40 fury, keep using abilities since you want to use them during momentum, and generate fuckall fury, thus drastically lowering your output. Knowing your swing timer, you can predict when an attack will happen, wait for it, get fury gen and then straight after drop a GCD for optimal effect.
    I mean by your logic you don't have to extend momentum windows and just click fel rush/VR whenever you feel like it, and it'll work, but it's the equivilent of jamming a 20 inch dildo straight up your DPS pooper.
    No he's saying that what you propose with "Knowing your swing timer, you can predict when an attack will happen, wait for it, get fury gen and then straight after drop a GCD for optimal effect." is a 1% performance up for a sequence to execute and to pay attention not 100% perfectly (yeah we're not robot, more things to focus on for a small prize isn't to rise yourself).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    No he's saying that what you propose with "Knowing your swing timer, you can predict when an attack will happen, wait for it, get fury gen and then straight after drop a GCD for optimal effect." is a 1% performance up for a sequence to execute and to pay attention not 100% perfectly (yeah we're not robot, more things to focus on for a small prize isn't to rise yourself).
    Fair enough, we all play differently, the min-maxer in me would never allow me to do anything except try for 100% perfection, but I admit I sometimes forget not everyone thinks this way

Fury generation with DB is perfect with our current momentum build

I am enjoying my switch to DB so far. Helps a lot though get the DB legendary ring. My fury generation is insane. There are moments when I'm just burning full fury bars because FR or VR is still on CD.

This rest is now just RNG with the crits from CS and Annihilation. Which I don't too much care for. Some mythic attempts, i am doing 380k, others i am doing 315k.