Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean look at this... sort of unrelated to topic at hand, but this is the stereotypical "Why we can't have nice things":

A sharpie? Screenshots?

My 9 year old daughter can do these puzzles.

They recently changed the Leyline race buff from 5 minutes to 24 hours.

Seriously, that means people were not able to run in a semi-straight line, collect leyline nodes in under 5 minutes. lmao

This isn't about being elitist, its about long term detrimental outcomes because players who are bad are not being encouraged, forced, or otherwise to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Pretty much this.

Without fail if the system is put in the automated service of grouping people they are almost obligated to nerf the challenge down to the bottom barrel player denominator or face the new "outrage" of content is to hard.

I mean look at Emerald Dream LFR. Nightmare Dragons? lol just tank all of them in the same spot and kill it. Stacks? What stacks?

The good news is, I don't have to do these things. The problem is this does not foster a bad player getting better, it fosters a "lol IDGAF" and we are stuck in an endless feedback loop of the community as a whole staying shitty.
    I laughed so hard the first time I did LFR Xhul'horac. I couldn't believe how easy it was, how insignificant the mechanics were.

only to watch everyone ignore every single mechanic and wipe lol. I thought I was going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    And the people who only wanted to queue would go on the forums and wage war and content would get nerfed as a result.
    Or did you not remember that happening?
    If that happened again. I think it was a gigantic mistake to even do that in the first place, even though I do also think there was merit to that change (no easier difficulty, and no alternative VP farming method).

There are plenty of games that are not WoW that have difficult, coordinated-effort stuff in random group making matchup systems and it actually works extremely well. This is often accomplished by the queue having a high itemlevel and a fair warning of difficulty. If mythic pugs took 840+ and was set with a fair warning of difficulty then there would be no legs to stand on by players complaining that it was too difficult and their group failed.

People in WoW are pushovery and useless because Blizzard accommodates the idea that there should be content without any risk of failure. The solution they're going with is terrible because it sets the expectation that these players should be okay with their second-rate difficulty level rather than trying for the hardest thing they think they can manage.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-10-21 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If that happened again. I think it was a gigantic mistake to even do that in the first place.

There are plenty of games that are not WoW that have difficult, coordinated-effort stuff in random group making matchup systems and it actually works extremely well. This is often accomplished by the queue having a high itemlevel and a fair warning of difficulty. If mythic pugs took 840+ and was set with a fair warning of difficulty then there would be no legs to stand on by players complaining that it was too difficult and their group failed.
    You'd think that, huh.
    I would rather not put it in on a chance that people won't complain.
    Hell, they are gonna complain either way, so do what you want (which is not opening up mythics to matchmaking)

You'd think that, huh.
    I would rather not put it in on a chance that people won't complain.
    Hell, they are gonna complain either way, so do what you want (which is not opening up mythics to matchmaking)
    That's exactly why I'd like the alternative. I feel like it might be too late for WoW's playerbase but it would be an interesting experiment, I'd hope. The problem with Cataclysm's heroics is that with no curve they went from the end of WotLK - where even heroic raiding was pushovery when you were decked out in gear with the huge 30% buff - to suddenly doing less DPS, bosses hitting like trucks, and getting nothing but unrewarding gear and a measly amount of valor points. I would like to believe peoples' complaints about Cata heroics and ZG/ZA were just from how unrewarding and excessively long those dungeons were.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    If mythic pugs took 840+ and was set with a fair warning of difficulty then there would be no legs to stand on by players complaining that it was too difficult and their group failed.
    The history of the WoW community over 12 years can easily tell us this is exactly what would happen...

I mean its not even a question. They will complain and call for nerfs. I'd bet my entire 401k on that.

I laughed so hard the first time I did LFR Xhul'horac. I couldn't believe how easy it was, how insignificant the mechanics were.

only to watch everyone ignore every single mechanic and wipe lol. I thought I was going crazy.
    Or on Eye'gina now... It's fun watching someone blow lust while 12 DPS pop their cooldowns and go ham on an eye with 99% damage reduction only to have most of them stay in and die during the actual burn phase anyway.

Things you will found here

1. ppl complaining.
    2. ppl complaining about other ppl complaining.
    3. Me, complaining about ppl complaining about other ppl complaining.

who cares

I hear what the OP is saying here and to be honest that is one of the things that I think Legion excels at. If you are a casual player that has limited time, you can easily que for things like Heroic Dungeons, Skirmish Arenas, non-rated Battlegrounds, and LFR. Along with WQ and Suramar, there is a lot of content that supports causal play. On top of that, if you are looking for a more social or organized play to take on higher challenges.. you can do Rated Arenas and BGs, Raids that range in difficulty, mythic dungeons that scale in difficulty, and again WQ and the Suramar story. Legion more then ever allows different play styles I feel. Is it perfect: No.. but really all you can ask for is options. However, people should know when content is not designed for that style. For example if you don't want to play with others or min/max.. Mythic raiding is not for you.. and that is fine. Do you hate pugs and only want to solo or group with guildies.. don't run LFR. All content is not designed for all play styles.. but it is there if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Things you will found here

1. ppl complaining.
    2. ppl complaining about other ppl complaining.
    3. Me, complaining about ppl complaining about other ppl complaining.

who cares
    By that logic why have a discussion about anything.

Oh, and the obligatory "you cared enough to reply"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Or on Eye'gina now... It's fun watching someone blow lust while 12 DPS pop their cooldowns and go ham on an eye with 99% damage reduction only to have most of them stay in and die during the actual burn phase anyway.
    Or Cenarius in LFR.

The one time I did it the tank just kept all the adds and the boss together and it was, like Nightmare Dragons, a simple tank and spank.

There are literally zero mechanics in LFR outside of, like you pointed out, auto-kill stuff like Eye.

This IS what mythics will be reduced to if added to a the queue system. Guess what? Given enough time it will creep into Mythic + as well. We know this. It happens every single time.

By that logic why have a discussion about anything.

Oh, and the obligatory "you cared enough to reply"

- - - Updated - - -

Or Cenarius in LFR.

The one time I did it the tank just kept all the adds and the boss together and it was, like Nightmare Dragons, a simple tank and spank.

There are literally zero mechanics in LFR outside of, like you pointed out, auto-kill stuff like Eye.

This IS what mythics will be reduced to if added to a the queue system. Guess what? Given enough time it will creep into Mythic + as well. We know this. It happens every single time.
    you are wrong on that last one mate.
    If they add Mythic to queue, only retards will go there. indeed, will be better for every of us.

You will find in the LFM TOOL only ppl who dont want to go lfg queue.

if the difficulty its the same? how can that affect you? accepting randoms from lfg tool is the same ramdomness of the queue. just more elitist.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean look at this... sort of unrelated to topic at hand, but this is the stereotypical "Why we can't have nice things":

A sharpie? Screenshots?

My 9 year old daughter can do these puzzles.

They recently changed the Leyline race buff from 5 minutes to 24 hours.

Seriously, that means people were not able to run in a semi-straight line, collect leyline nodes in under 5 minutes. lmao

This isn't about being elitist, its about long term detrimental outcomes because players who are bad are not being encouraged, forced, or otherwise to get better.
    I have an odd feeling you got trolled here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyxi View Post
    I have an odd feeling you got trolled here.
    Actually you'd be surprised. There are regularly threads of people who either take a screenshot with their phone or use the PC print screen feature.

The sharpie thing may be a troll, but that one is a 50/50...

Sometimes I think "Why doesn't Blizzard make Mythic work with Groupfinder"

and then I see how people act in Heroics and I'm like "Oh."

Deleted
    So true, if you can't be bothered to talk to people and join/create groups, find a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Notayeti View Post
    Then how did Blizzard give me an abortion?
    I believe you mispelled WoD.

While the whole 'social' aspect I'm sure is a barrier for some people, the overall LFG interface is also kinda laughably primitive. I should be able to list myself as available to run XYZ instance; I should be able to filter groups not only by which dungeon they're running, but by what their class needs are, what level m+ they're running, etc. There should be some sort of social rating system to incentivize good/social behavior.

Like, if I'm looking for mythic groups on my alt hunter, I should be able to sort for groups that want ranged (or mail) DPS in my ilvl bracket, or list myself as available for invites. It's stupid that the only way to get groups in LFG is to spam requests at every group that doesn't already have three DPS, and that the only feedback I get is a decline or an invite.

The amount of people complaining about having to use LFG for forming Mythic groups is just baffling to me. Almost every argument boils down to:

- I can't get accepted to a group and I refuse to create my own
    - I don't want to have to interact with people beyond clicking "Join Random Dungeon"

Along with these two arguments these people will come up with any tiny excuse as to why they just can't do it.

They all want Blizzard to magically somehow correct their anxiety behavioral problems / disorders (whether real or conjured up) through some sort of video game programming.

Before I joined my current guild I was able to CREATE groups for regular Mythics as a friggin Ret DPS on average in under 10 minutes. I never once had a toxic group. No one left. No one freaked out over a single wipe. Not one instance of someone going rage crazy.

This game has been dumbed down enough as is, with that said I personally don't have a problem for a LFG queue for Mythics. I just hate to see this game broken down even further for a bunch of people with real or perceived social disorders shaping the development of a mMorpg based on their own bizarre quirks.
    You're asking everyone to at least lift a finger. That's simply too much effort for some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    While the whole 'social' aspect I'm sure is a barrier for some people, the overall LFG interface is also kinda laughably primitive. I should be able to list myself as available to run XYZ instance; I should be able to filter groups not only by which dungeon they're running, but by what their class needs are, what level m+ they're running, etc. There should be some sort of social rating system to incentivize good/social behavior.

Like, if I'm looking for mythic groups on my alt hunter, I should be able to sort for groups that want ranged (or mail) DPS in my ilvl bracket, or list myself as available for invites. It's stupid that the only way to get groups in LFG is to spam requests at every group that doesn't already have three DPS, and that the only feedback I get is a decline or an invite.
    THIS I can agree to. A better LFG system would be nice.

Or let the group creator sort through a list of people marked as "available" which you can filter by class and such.

Of course this would probably lead to be whining that their class is picked less than another. There is ALWAYS something to complain about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Sometimes I think "Why doesn't Blizzard make Mythic work with Groupfinder"

and then I see how people act in Heroics and I'm like "Oh."
    I did Eye'gina in LFR once. They wiped. But here is the funny part. I was the last one alive and we were still on heart phase one. The event reset, but it left me alive inside the tree, but the door shut. Couldn't get out. So they started the second pull and of course it auto-kills me. After the fight three or four people were like "lol u nub" and three or four other people were trying to explain that it glitched me inside. You just can't reason with stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Issues with creating groups would be just as bad on Vanilla servers though. I mean people would be asking for specific ilvl / gear scores for UBRS groups etc..
    The only reason people are doing that is because gear scaling is so extreme that it's very likely that someone with poor gear will be unable to contribute anything meaningful whatsoever.

When I first dinged, I did around 150k DPS. Now I do almost 400k DPS. We're not even in the first raid tier yet.

Vanilla wasn't like this.

There's a reason gearscore came around in WotLK, and not earlier. WotLK was the first expansion with truly stupid gear scaling.

Gearscore also wasn't really a thing on Nostalrius. <-- In before the ban.

This, by the way, is one of the reasons why those of us who want a more social experience are not well served by simply getting better gear on the same servers. We need a different server, because otherwise we run into the gearscore issue due to scaling.
    Last edited by Ishayu; 2016-10-21 at 08:09 PM.