Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    It's still a majority. If people for once get their head out of their own ass and acknowledge it they can maybe move to the next issue. If you have to doubt each and every YES-OR-NO answer you will get nowhere.
    Tell me where I said it wasn't a majority, I'll wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Who is still predicting a recession for the UK? The IMF have said that we will be the fastest growing economy in the G7 this year.
    Does not preclude the fact that you are heading into one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Is it possible to even negotiate about negotiations with the EU? Whats the point in trying just to repeat the Canadian 7 year experience? Today....
    Chrystia Freeland, Canada's international trade minister, said: "It's become evident for me, for Canada, that the European Union isn't capable now to have an international treaty even with a country that has very European values like Canada. And even with a country so nice, with a lot of patience like Canada."
    You know the Canadian states didn't even let their executive negotiate on their behalf? (oh and they have internal trade barriers).

All because of half a dozen Walloonys. Far better to just take the North Korea option.
    Yes, wouldn't it be great if the EU could just run roughshod over the member countries?

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Does not preclude the fact that you are heading into one.

- - - Updated - - -

You know the Canadian states didn't even let their executive negotiate on their behalf? (oh and they have internal trade barriers).

Yes, wouldn't it be great if the EU could just run roughshod over the member countries?
    You do realise we have had stronger than expected growth figures since then?

Again if you know of any credible organisations that are predicting a recession now I'd like to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Canada does not have states.
    2 - There are no 'trade barriers' between Canadian Provinces. This is speaking as someone who is involved at a high level in interprovincial AND transborder (Canada/US) trade.

You're entitled to your own opinions, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.

7+ Year Old Account

More like a fine example of EU democracy at work. 99.5% of the EUs 500 million population wanted CETA to proceed after 7 years of careful negotiation. 0.5% of that population in a tiny region didn't want it so it fails.

You couldn't make it up.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    1 - Canada does not have states.
    2 - There are no 'trade barriers' between Canadian Provinces. This is speaking as someone who is involved at a high level in interprovincial AND transborder (Canada/US) trade.

You're entitled to your own opinions, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.
    Yes forgive me for using the wrong nomenclature.

The Canadian economy is losing billions a year because of interprovincial trade barriers, a new Senate report warns after a promised March deadline for a national deal has quietly passed without any explanation from Ottawa or the provinces.

Titled “Tear down these walls,” the report by the Senate committee on banking, trade and commerce states that the failure of negotiations to date is “baffling” and “unacceptable.”

At issue is the fact that businesses and workers face different rules in different provinces when it comes to where products can be shipped and sold. There are also long-standing problems related to services and the professional qualifications an employee needs to obtain when switching provinces.

- - - Updated - - -

More like a fine example of EU democracy at work. 99.5% of the EUs 500 million population wanted CETA to proceed after 7 years of careful negotiation. 0.5% of that population in a tiny region didn't want it so it fails.

You couldn't make it up.
    Want me to dig up the times the UK decided to fuck things up solely because it was politically convenient domestically?
    And again, would you be in favor of a system where the EU could just ignore something some idiotic member-state says because it has an electorate stuck in the past/ delusions of grandeur?
    Oh an in an awesome twist, Canada has its own provinces that are being Uppity.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise we have had stronger than expected growth figures since then?

Again if you know of any credible organisations that are predicting a recession now I'd like to see it.
    UK 'has 50% chance of slipping into recession within 18 months
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-10-21 at 07:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Want me to dig up the times the UK decided to fuck things up solely because it was politically convenient domestically?
    No I get it already. 99% of the EU want a free trade deal with Canada, 1% of the EU don't, so it fails. I can see how you won't accept the validity of 52% in favour of Brexit in the UK. If how you feel is representative of the EU then you wouldn't be happy if 99.9% of the UK voted for Brexit.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

You've gone even further back with that link, at lot has happened in the 2 months since. Many institutions have now come out and said their initial predictions were too pessimistic.

Deleted
    You've gone even further back with that link, at lot has happened in the 2 months since. Many institutions have now come out and said their initial predictions were too pessimistic.
    well whatever - the UK has cut interest rates and launched QE to stave of a recession.

- - - Updated - - -

No I get it already. 99% of the EU want a free trade deal with Canada, 1% of the EU don't, so it fails. I can see how you won't accept the validity of 52% in favour of Brexit in the UK. If how you feel is representative of the EU then you wouldn't be happy if 99.9% of the UK voted for Brexit.
    No my point is that you brexiters complain the EU is unable to negotiate trade treaties one second after you complain the EU has 'stolen' your sovereignty.
    Those positions are not mutually consistent.
    And my only complaint about the Brexit vote was that it in effect was a lie (it should have said, do you want to leave the EEA not the EU).
    other than that i suppose i think you people saying that 72% of people voting is high is a tad tragic, it is only 'high' because you have a shitty voting system to compare it too.

7+ Year Old Account
    you have a shitty voting system to compare it too.
    From where I sit ours is a far better system than if the EU proposes something and 99.9999% agree it should happen, yet Mrs Lederhosen in the Austrian Alps says no I don't like it, or Mrs Waffle in Wallonia doesnt want it, it can't happen and 99.99999% of the EU suffer because of her.

That's not any kind of democracy, and basically whats happened with CETA. It's also why the UK should forget about any "soft Brexit" and just GTFO.

Deleted
    From where I sit ours is a far better system than if the EU proposes something and 99.9999% agree it should happen, yet Mrs Lederhosen in the Austrian Alps says no I don't like it, or Mrs Waffle in Wallonia doesnt want it, it can't happen and 99.99999% of the EU suffer because of her.

That's not any kind of democracy, and basically whats happened with CETA. It's also why the UK should forget about any "soft Brexit" and just GTFO.
    And that might be a valid argument if the EU was a federation but it isn't.
    the doesn't have an 'election system' in that sense.
    I would be perfectly fine with having the commission negotiate and the EU parliament vote.
    Its just that some people think that would undermine the sovereignty of the memberstates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    And your attitude led to hitler so.....
    Is that really the best you can come up with? Godwining it? Maybe I just don't like seeing idiot politicians who don't give a shit about their own countrymen and more care about being seen as a humanitarian at the costs of their own peoples lives. Little known fact, cultures as backwards as certain middle eastern ones don't tend to progress suddenly just because they flock to a country like denmark/germany, all the shit just comes with them. And the ones who suffer are the everyday men and women of those countries, not the politicians themselves.
    #boycottchina

How is this myth still being repeated?

All of the prominent leave campaigners either went for PM, are now in ministerial posts or were sacked by May. The only one who you could say jumped ship was Farage, but he had no prospects of having any kind of power anyway.
    Yeah only Farage and Johnson, the two most prominent Brexit engineers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is yours better, you don´t even have a representative system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    How is yours better, you don´t even have a representative system.
    Our democracy unlike the EU is pretty mature.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our democracy unlike the EU is pretty mature.
    You don´t have a representative democracy... so the needs of the many makes no sense if the many aren´t even represented.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You don´t have a representative democracy... so the needs of the many makes no sense if the many aren´t even represented.
    And the difference between a representative democracy and parliamentary democracy is negligible. In either example CETA would now be in force. However the democracy practiced within the EU is more akin to that practiced within the DPRK.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Welcome to the second world UK lel
    Yeah...because the UK was never a first world country without the EU right? lol Silly kids.

America isn't in the EU and we don't need to be involved in that quagmire. The UK doesn't need tor be in the EU either. This was a kick in the dick to the elitist globalists that want to move the 3rd worlds population into the 1st world. The UK likely saved itself. This is just scare tactics from the Elites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Welcome to the second world UK lel
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Yeah...because the UK was never a first world country without the EU right? lol Silly kids.
    I'm pretty sure neither of you know what Second World means.

Parliament delegated the decision to leave the EU to the British people when they voted for the referendum, and the majority of MP's now say that they respect the result of that referendum.

If they do then what purpose, other than as a tick boxing exercise or as a clandestine way of stopping Brexit, would them voting on triggering article 50 serve?
    Making it legally binding?
    Because the referendum is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I guess you just need to do better at expressing your opinion, and not presenting it as a fact.

If it is opinion preface it as such.

[...]
    Take your own advice, please

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's legal, I'm agreeing with you. I am saying it wasn't advertised as such before the referendum, it's now just being used as a tool by desperate remainers.

Parliament is sovereign, but their supposed to represent the electorate.
    Then it should be no hassle to simply make it legally binding by having the parliament vote on it and "represent the electorate" by said vote.