10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That is just you playing around with words, nothing else
    Not really it's true. If you want to keep playing vanilla/tbc forever by all means but you're not going to "recapture" any experience like you had when you first played the game. There will be 0 sense of wonder and exploration because everything is already known. If you just think it's superior to the retail version that's fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Anything is a better option than alt tabing every minute to check thottbot.com.
    Those were the dark ages xD

Sparkles? I never played Vanilla, only TBC.
    2.3 added sparkles to quest objectives - oats in westfall, cactus apples in durotar, scourge data in stratholme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    No

No

Here is the problem not even the Legacy fanatics want the game as it was 12 years ago.
    Like @Deficineiron said you want some sort of Frankenstein WoW, or as someone smart said VanillaLite.

You will sit in IronForge looking for a UBRS group to get your set piece for 4 hours and you will like it.
    I think Frankenstein better encompasses the nature of the possibility.

the worst scenario of course is using today's engine with current kal/ek map adjusted back to pre-damage, flying, achievements, multiple raid difficulties, aoe instances without threat or real risk of death, outdoor quest mobs that tickle and giggle attack, bg's maxed at 15min, maybe today's talents pared down to lvl 60, quests fixed to be linear on the old questlines so no hard choices for anyone to get lost, etc.

That is Frankenstein.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-10-21 at 06:57 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

But one of my dearest memories was walking from STV to Westfall as a Horde lvl 20 to do Deadmines.
    Walking to dungeons and using the meeting stone was so cool.
    I thought it was really cool the first two times. Then it stopped being much fun. Then I had to make my way all the way over to Razorfen Kraul to try to get a piece of gear I wanted on my Dwarf Hunter (who was hearthed in the Wetlands at the time). That's when it stopped being fun, at all.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizix View Post
    Don't you want the vanilla experience? Well, it was raid or die!
    the vanilla experience was most players didnt hit max.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not really it's true. If you want to keep playing vanilla/tbc forever by all means but you're not going to "recapture" any experience like you had when you first played the game. There will be 0 sense of wonder and exploration because everything is already known. If you just think it's superior to the retail version that's fair enough.
    Once again you're playing with words, you're purposively twisting the meaning of experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Once again you're playing with words, you're purposively twisting the meaning of experience.
    Nah I get what you mean, you want the vanilla experience. I get it, no more explanation needed. Guess I should have made my own post instead of quoting you.

All I mean is certain people have this idea that they'll go back to vanilla WoW and "recapture" this amazing experience and that it'll bring back all this sense of exploration and discovering things on your own without being hand held and it's like... no... it won't.

Nah I get what you mean, you want the vanilla experience. I get it, no more explanation needed. Guess I should have made my own post instead of quoting you.

All I mean is certain people have this idea that they'll go back to vanilla WoW and "recapture" this amazing experience and that it'll bring back all this sense of exploration and discovering things on your own without being hand held and it's like... no... it won't.
    Now I can agree with you. I just feel like most people will recapture that feeling for a while but it vanishes quickly.

I'm speaking mostly for myself though

10+ Year Old Account

players goals will vary depending on what they actually want.

we need to keep in context - the goal is to keep people continuously subbed to wow/classic/however it is structured.

players without much time simply won't hit max. players with 'normal' amounts of time 3-4? hours a week?? will take many months to hit max.

active players who enjoy leveling/leveling instances have literally /months played of unique content (5-6 unique questling paths except in 50s)??

players who want bg's will have bg's.

players who want world pvp may or may not have it. unknown.

I still think that raiding will be a minority of players in a postulated official classic (not frankenstein) server. the gearing process etc. is non-trivial for all but the most active players.

a very small % of players would run out of pve content unless blizzard tunes to change this.
    but once again, keeping players subbed because they still have content is a potential main goal for blizzard.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-10-21 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    the one with dots on a map or the one with GPS arrow? See? Even quest helper is questionable
    I currently play Vanilla via the server that took over the players went Nost shut down. Honestly the ONLY thing you need from Vanilla is an addon called Rapid Quest Pack. This includes - EQL3 (Extended Quest Log 3 - lengthens your quest log, and shows comments pulled directly from Wowhead under a quests objectives when you click on it) MetaMap (Better map with waypointing) Using Vanilla Guide is debatable, but it's from Joana so who wouldn't want to use it :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I currently play Vanilla via the server that took over the players went Nost shut down. Honestly the ONLY thing you need from Vanilla is an addon called Rapid Quest Pack. This includes - EQL3 (Extended Quest Log 3 - lengthens your quest log, and shows comments pulled directly from Wowhead under a quests objectives when you click on it) MetaMap (Better map with waypointing) Using Vanilla Guide is debatable, but it's from Joana so who wouldn't want to use it :>
    I do find that just reading the quest text gives a very clear answer 95% of the time. Once in a while there are quests which are vague, and that may have been by design (make players move around some).

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I do find that just reading the quest text gives a very clear answer 95% of the time. Once in a while there are quests which are vague, and that may have been by design (make players move around some).
    Oh for sure, but most quest text usually read "<Objective> is East(North, South, West) of here!" While Rapid Quest Pack just speeds up the process incredibly, especially with Wowhead comments giving you coordinates.

But one of my dearest memories was walking from STV to Westfall as a Horde lvl 20 to do Deadmines.
    Walking to dungeons and using the meeting stone was so cool.
    I met my first and best guild, who I raided with in vanilla and TBC, waiting at the meeting stone to Uldaman. I remember a lot of world pvp at the meeting stone for Scarlet Monestary. (Hell, i remember when they added meeting stones - patch 1.2 or 1.3)

That old system had it's good points, and bad. Good for meeting people leveling - they were of almost no use to raid teams. Warlocks were the taxis of vanilla, for good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shridevi View Post
    You will get the Searing Gorge key to improve your odds of being invited, join a group, try to persuade the leader into not inviting anyone from your class, wait for someone with the UBRS key, fly to Loch Modan and ride on standard mounts to Blackrock Mountain without group members getting ganked, waste 2-2.5 hours with a group that disbands or on a run where your chest/loot doesn't drop, then repeat the last 4 hours a second time, then repeat the two runs every day. Now we're talking!

Or, you joined a guild like ours, who ran UBRS regularly on farm, to gear our raiders. I led at least half of those runs, I used to know that place like the back of my hand. Every pull, every mob, every boss. At least one weeknight and one weekend night, I was in UBRS.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand what speaking to the Nost team says about Blizzard.
    But i know that someone have to do it because of the demand...

I suspect that the meetings were more about getting a look at Nost's anti-cheating tools, than anything else - and probably some curiosity on the dev's part. They also didn't want the Nost code getting released, which Nost stopped talking about once the invitation went out. It was a pretty cheap way for Blizzard to manage the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Magical copyright haven? Nothing is ever guaranteed but there's a huge difference between how readily some countries will enforce IP. Last I heard they were still among the worst at copyright infringement and what laws they do have get used to censor opposition, not protect artists. Pretty sure it was their facebook equivalent I read about a year or 2 ago that was getting off near scot free? Can't remember off hand, however, since you're a random person on the internet blowing hard about knowing it all, I must take your word its all on lockdown over there now. Also, I'm sure at a time when Russian corporations are getting their funds seized they'll be right on your request for "assault weapons" to take down the evil Nostralius for the benefit of a beloved American corporation.

But you keep raging and hoping against all hope! Vanilla WoW will fade after Nost and never be heard from again. Except, why do you keep coming into this thread if you're so sure?

edit - and it took 2 minutes to google it and find out Russia is still on the US priority watch list for copyright infringement as of this year.
    And, the goalposts are moved. LOL. I won't bother responding to the first bit of dreck you posted. But I can see you're very, very upset.

The second bit - I never made any claims of anything "fading away" - and why I come to this thread is none of your business. And, I'm not even close to raging, little man. But you keep accusing me of things I didn't do, to cover up that you got called out for making ridiculous comments, and you have nothing to come back at me with, other than the usual tired MMOC forum games.

Grats on googling. Now, with your new shiny skills, you won't make idiotic claims and comments like you've been doing so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Change.org has a very good anti-bot system to prevent stuff like that from happening. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    nope, i was able to bot it i showed it way back then how you couyld
    it woudl bot everything except for the "type the letters you see" so you could do 20 a minute, if you just typed the letters you saw

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nope, i was able to bot it i showed it way back then how you couyld
    it woudl bot everything except for the "type the letters you see" so you could do 20 a minute, if you just typed the letters you saw
    I would of put my money on having a bot for you to do that, judging you by your typing throughout your posts of course.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Yup, we already know win10 is shit.
    Hows it feel to be wrong

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joke View Post
    I would of put my money on having a bot for you to do that, judging you by your typing throughout your posts of course.
    i have minor dyslexia, thank you, but yeah, in the original posts about the petition, it simply filled everything out, except for the "fill in what you see"
    btw it dident even need a real email, so you could just enter ffgdggdg@hotmail.com and banm your good

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    You don't need anything.

Unless they make thousands of servers with around ten players on each there will be someone online probably in the zone you are in who can tell you what you need to know. Or Thottbot or Wowhead caches (think aovanillagaming or something I don't remember exactly).

Don't get me wrong I know you were talking about an addon; but it kinda sounded like you thought it would be good to put them into the game. No.

- - - Updated - - -

Sparkles? I never played Vanilla, only TBC.
    Remember having to pick up Nightbanes bone from the garden outside Karazahn? Tiny thing barely sticking out of the ground, no marker or objective just "Search the surrounding area".

Sticking sparkly shit on that made the quest a no brainer ~(I mean, don't get me wrong, looking it up on wowhead/youtube is also no-brainer). Questing has been for a long time much like a wordsearch printed on one line only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You don't need anything.

Unless they make thousands of servers with around ten players on each there will be someone online probably in the zone you are in who can tell you what you need to know. Or Thottbot or Wowhead caches (think aovanillagaming or something I don't remember exactly).

Don't get me wrong I know you were talking about an addon; but it kinda sounded like you thought it would be good to put them into the game. No.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember having to pick up Nightbanes bone from the garden outside Karazahn? Tiny thing barely sticking out of the ground, no marker or objective just "Search the surrounding area".

Sticking sparkly shit on that made the quest a no brainer ~(I mean, don't get me wrong, looking it up on wowhead/youtube is also no-brainer). Questing has been for a long time much like a wordsearch printed on one line only.
    Yeah you misunderstood. Sorry, I don't want Blizzard to put in a quest helper that was introduced in Cata. No way, I'm just saying Rapid Quest Pack for Vanilla helps quite a bit.

And, the goalposts are moved. LOL. I won't bother responding to the first bit of dreck you posted. But I can see you're very, very upset.

The second bit - I never made any claims of anything "fading away" - and why I come to this thread is none of your business. And, I'm not even close to raging, little man. But you keep accusing me of things I didn't do, to cover up that you got called out for making ridiculous comments, and you have nothing to come back at me with, other than the usual tired MMOC forum games.

Grats on googling. Now, with your new shiny skills, you won't make idiotic claims and comments like you've been doing so far!

You have me really confused now so let's rehash this argument -

post # 1 - guy claims that if Nost sets up in Russia their servers will get raided by assault rifle toting law and order types. That's his actual claim, I'm not exaggerating!
    Post # 2 - I say that's ridiculous and even by this thread's standards a bit silly.
    Post # 3 - You jump in and claim Russia will certainly take down Nost because they have signed these treaties and occasionally follow them.
    Post # 4 - I point out they are still at the top of the watch list done by the US of foreign countries that don't enforce copyright infringement.
    Post # 5 - Apparently, I am angrily moving goal posts now!? As for why I said you were wishing Nost would fade away? Clearly, that's an assumption I made from judging your posts going on 8-9 months now.

Quoting 2 videos which could be intresting to discuss. Also the second video, do you think he is full of shit or not? Whats your gut feeling?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEW3NCJNac

https://youtu.be/uYA7wqrLhWQ