Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happened to the Underhold in Orgrimmar after 5.4?

It had never been mentioned in lore ever since. It would be foolish to destroy it. Its an underground bunker to be safe against attacks above and can be used to train soldiers and other things such as discussion of war and breeding as well. Since the Alliance got the park, can we get the Underhold in Orgrimmar?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I imagine that with the Heart of Y'shaarj being used pretty liberally down in the Underhold it may not be healthy to be in for a time, long enough for it to potentially become relevant in a later content patch or expansion. Old God essence has a tendency to function like radiation in a lot of ways - Garrosh's rampant use of it has probably saturated much of the area, so who knows what the place might be like currently.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obviously been turned into Sylvanas' BDSM dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It's obviously been turned into Sylvanas' BDSM dungeon.
    I would've never expected these kind of posts by you

10+ Year Old Account
    It's being ignored until we get an under the earth/ground Expansion

(Half serious mind you)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's where all the rebellious Orc teens with their weird SW fashions go to hang out and party while they moan about their parents wanting them to be Warriors of the Horde.

Full Serious maaaate.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Or maybe goblins started to build undeground train to Undercity in there.
    You know, both cities have tendency to be overtaken by enemies from the inside and such.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's being ignored until we get an under the earth/ground Expansion

(Half serious mind you)
    When we intervene in the subterranean Robot wars.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    When we intervene in the subterranean Robot wars.
    Lol I remember that thread---when we saw the first few minutes of the Legion reveal trailer and it showed Gul'Dan in a cave, I expected him to get drug down by mechagnomes any second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Horde isn't using it to mass produce and stockpile death-weapons.

If that's what you're worried about.

It's the Horde death-weapon stockpile and manufactory.

Don't read that spoiler if you're Alliance.

I wouldn't be surprised if Thrall, in the interests of foolishly completely disregarding the usefulness of a secure underground compound in Orgrimmar because it was used by someone they considered a bad guy, went some short distance away from Orgrimmar to get some un-tortured elementals, then walked back with them to Orgrimmar, and had them collapse everything, wasting tons of salvageable resources if they hadn't planned on ever using the place.

Or maybe he flooded it.

Well after SoO the orcish population was pretty much crippled by the civil war (the horde loyalist one anyway) since only a minority of orcs actually opposed Garrosh while a majority wanted to bring back the glory days.

I imagine it would be adapted into a new kind of emergancy shelter as a last resort defence, or maybe indeed, some kind of underground rocketway to Undercity like the deeprun tram system.

Either way, its days of being used as a military resorce are probably over, it serves nothing in that regard but as a grim reminder of everything negative that happened to the Horde because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Well after SoO the orcish population was pretty much crippled by the civil war (the horde loyalist one anyway) since only a minority of orcs actually opposed Garrosh while a majority wanted to bring back the glory days.

I imagine it would be adapted into a new kind of emergancy shelter as a last resort defence, or maybe indeed, some kind of underground rocketway to Undercity like the deeprun tram system.

Either way, its days of being used as a military resorce are probably over, it serves nothing in that regard but as a grim reminder of everything negative that happened to the Horde because of it.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Some orcs have stood by Garrosh's side. You've seen and fought them in Siege of Orgrimmar; however, a majority of the orcs stood with the Horde and against Garrosh's vision of a "pure" Horde, one that is made entirely of, or at least entirely led by, orcs and orcs alone.

Why do humans fight against humans, or those within a nation against their neighbors? There are complexities that go beyond nation, or species, or race. I think it's a valid question: why would someone want to fight against their neighbor, or even their own family, and yet it happens every day.

In this case the Iron Horde threatens all of Azeroth. Anyone who stands with the Horde is the enemy. Wanting to break off from the Horde and side with the Iron Horde is... sure, a valid way to maybe RP your character (also certainly the desire of some of the characters in the game) and you can maybe even find some fun ways to explore that story line for your character, but it's not the story arc the game is intentionally telling for you or your character.
    Most of the Orcs within the Horde were on Vol'jin's side, although you don't see much of this in-game it is part of the canon lore for the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

According to Vol'jin's weird as hell logic hidden bases are the apotheosis of lust for power. And since his Horde was a family of bruddamons and there was no place for lust for power in it, Underhold was most likely filled up with dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    You got it backwards. Your average orc stood by the rebels' side, where the various Blackrock/Dragonmaw/Mag'har were those we joyfully butchered during SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    According to Vol'jin's weird as hell logic hidden bases are the apotheosis of lust for power. And since his Horde was a family of bruddamons and there was no place for lust for power in it, Underhold was most likely filled up with dirt.
    I don't think the problem was the Underhold itself as rather what was kept within its walls, concerns validated by Eitrigg 5 minutes later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Does that just seem really unlikely to anyone else? It would seem to me that the overwhelming majority of orcs would have been like Nazgrim.

I mean, I know why they kinda have to say that, but it seems very out of character for warrior orcs in general.
    The average orc is in fact like Nazgrim. The difference is that Nazgrim held way more responsibilities than the "average" and he couldn't stand to turn his back on them. Even Saurfang briefly discuss this matter when you meet him down in the Underhold.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It had never been mentioned in lore ever since. It would be foolish to destroy it. Its an underground bunker to be safe against attacks above and can be used to train soldiers and other things such as discussion of war and breeding as well. Since the Alliance got the park, can we get the Underhold in Orgrimmar?
    I also would like to know what Orc clans remain in the Horde and what left and what the current situation is with1 the Orc faction, they totally ignored it and made Saurfang racial leader at a blizzcon WTF!

Does that just seem really unlikely to anyone else? It would seem to me that the overwhelming majority of orcs would have been like Nazgrim.

I mean, I know why they kinda have to say that, but it seems very out of character for warrior orcs in general.
    I think it's more that the military of the orcs probably sided with Garrosh while the civilian which would be the majority of the orcs didn't much care for his ideals but couldn't really do much about it or tried to turn a blind eye to all that was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

I think it's really just a matter of in-game focus, in this particular case. With the Siege of Orgrimmar raid and the Vol'jin Rebellion arc it makes sense that Garrosh's True Horde forces would be front and center - so you didn't get to see a lot of the fact that most of the non-Kor'kron and civilian Orcs that sided with the Rebellion and not Garrosh. This is also given a bit of context in "War Crimes" with an Orcish shopkeeper revealing the brutal conditions within an Orgrimmar effectively under martial law by Garrosh's forces - the ranks of peons and Orcish non-combatants were essentially all under the thumb of the Kor'kron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think it's really just a matter of in-game focus, in this particular case. With the Siege of Orgrimmar raid and the Vol'jin Rebellion arc it makes sense that Garrosh's True Horde forces would be front and center - so you didn't get to see a lot of the fact that most of the non-Kor'kron and civilian Orcs that sided with the Rebellion and not Garrosh. This is also given a bit of context in "War Crimes" with an Orcish shopkeeper revealing the brutal conditions within an Orgrimmar effectively under martial law by Garrosh's forces - the ranks of peons and Orcish non-combatants were essentially all under the thumb of the Kor'kron.
    There are several Orgrimmar Grunts shown both during the raid and the last cinematic, but they obviously pale in terms of numbers if we compare them to Garrosh's orcs. It's clear they weren't a good reflection from a numerical standpoint as you had to fill the raid with the stuff you had to kill rather than pointless NPCs all over the place. Of course, there were also the civilians representing this majority, which was better shown in Razor Hill rather than Orgrimmar.