Question First time Ursoc HC

Hi, fellow members of maelstrom club!

I'm playing shammy in friendly guild. Our progress isn't in rush though we managed to complete normal EN.
    Now after killing Nythenda we are stuck on Ursoc. Best try so far is 21%.
    Regardless of tanks who wiped us a lot , I want to optimize myself - as a new role - healer.

I healed normal one yesterday: warcraftlogs reports/yj6m17dbkzFVXMAD#fight=3&view=rankings
    My profile (main spec is enha but resto is close): eu.battle.net wow/en/character/korgall/Thunderbull/advanced

I plan to exchange with healer monk on this fight - a lot of ppl told that resto sham could really shine there.

Please give dome advises regarding execution, rotation, talents - for this encounter.

I don't play resto so I can't help but maybe you can pick up something from watching other resto's do the encounter: http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter...ec=restoration

That's a sweet feature, I didn't know Wowprogress had that. Thanks for linking!
    Last edited by Tolian; 2016-10-20 at 04:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your healing cooldowns aren't stacked. For example, if a druid is Tranqing, that would be a poor time to cast Healing Tide Totem. Whomever is responsible for healing coordination in your raid should create a simple cooldown order to top everyone off after each charge (so all the healers aren't wasting mana and overhealing).

Unleash Life shines here. It gives you bigger chain heals, and helps conserve mana over the duration of the encounter.

Typical resto stuff. Use Healing Stream basically on cooldown, and healing rain as long as most of the duration will be utilized in the spot you drop it. Riptide *basically* on cooldown (but obviously not if raid damage went out and you need to aoe heal). Healing Wave as a general filler for minor damage. Gift of the Queen + Chain Heal to aoe heal people, but like I wrote earlier, don't spam heals if other healers have a cooldown up. As always, dps during free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    That's a sweet feature, I didn't know Wowprogress had that. Thanks for linking!
    Indeed, thank you!

Gift of the queen and vigor talented give a higher health pool to people, this is valuable later in the fight on the tanks for keeping them up and giving you a bigger pool to work with on deep healing. The team not catching ursoc is standing in front of him usually with the tank, this makes SLT the best tank external cooldown in the raid since the tank can share health with half the raid for a few seconds. Tell your tanks to coordinate for that if things go south.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbull View Post
    Hi, fellow members of maelstrom club!

I'm playing shammy in friendly guild. Our progress isn't in rush though we managed to complete normal EN.
    Now after killing Nythenda we are stuck on Ursoc. Best try so far is 21%.
    Regardless of tanks who wiped us a lot , I want to optimize myself - as a new role - healer.

I healed normal one yesterday: warcraftlogs reports/yj6m17dbkzFVXMAD#fight=3&view=rankings
    My profile (main spec is enha but resto is close): eu.battle.net wow/en/character/korgall/Thunderbull/advanced

I plan to exchange with healer monk on this fight - a lot of ppl told that resto sham could really shine there.

Please give dome advises regarding execution, rotation, talents - for this encounter.
    Nythendra then Ursoc?

On heroic we went

Nythendra->Dragons->Rene->Eye->Ursoc->Cenarius->Xavius

Ursoc is a DPS/HPS check on Heroic.

Good to you for optimizing, but maybe suggest a different progression as well. Dragons is a heal longevity check and a mechanics check. Rene and eye (assuming you don't have issues downing second 2xdominators) are a mechanics check.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Gift of the queen and vigor talented give a higher health pool to people, this is valuable later in the fight on the tanks for keeping them up and giving you a bigger pool to work with on deep healing. The team not catching ursoc is standing in front of him usually with the tank, this makes SLT the best tank external cooldown in the raid since the tank can share health with half the raid for a few seconds. Tell your tanks to coordinate for that if things go south.
    Earthen shield totem is standard for almost every fight now except nythendra

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    Earthen shield totem is standard for almost every fight now except nythendra
    What's your source for that? Seems to be pretty much the exact opposite from what logs are showing:

Normal:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=3

Heroic:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    What's your source for that? Seems to be pretty much the exact opposite from what logs are showing:

Normal:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=3

Heroic:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...s&difficulty=4
    Well i'm progressing in Mythic currently so its a lot more different. Earthen shield is a lot more healing ouput then Ancestral so thats why if you check all the top logs for each fight and look at the top 50 they are all pretty much all using EarthenIn mythic 40% are using it.

I honestly think the numbers are like that because not enough players know how sick Earthen is. My earthen shield does about 4-5m healing sometimes even more.Thats hard to give up on.

When i drop earthen shield on 20 people I can see it have a impact I can't see that impact for AV so I run with ES
    Last edited by JonBeMerkin; 2016-10-22 at 06:49 AM.