Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    why would you assume there is another way to charge it? It's a portable gaming device, if there was a more efficient way to charge it besides the dock then the dock wouldn't exist.
    Are you new to technology? I can charge my phone in my car,house or on a fucken boat.

I can buy a cheap ass USB battery to hook into said phone when its getting low on power. Why do you think this won't have a mobile way to charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Considering it's being touted as extremely portable, it's reasonable to assume someone would take it on a long plane trip, long car ride, etc and not all planes have outlets for charging. Being forced to buy extra components in order to get a decent battery life is not really a decent compromise in this case.
    How do you know you will have to pay extra? If this thing has 1 USB port you can hook it to your car and be fine, providing ur car isn't old as hell.

Also right not its just reports on what the battery life is, we won't really know until we get hands on with it. There could be a mobile setting that extends it by a hour or two.

Who the hell knows at this point.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    13-14 hour airplane trip to / back from Taiwan. Excluding the 2-3 hours at the air port.
    You can't charge on planes?

https://youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI?t=1m5s Thought it was a charger but might be for headphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    why would you assume there is another way to charge it? It's a portable gaming device, if there was a more efficient way to charge it besides the dock then the dock wouldn't exist.

baseless accusations. Nintendo is claiming they are not abandoning the wiiU for switch, considering that it isn't a upgrade power or graphic wise and it's only novelty is playing on the go I'm inclined to believe them over "2018 it's dead" like what a fucking random year.
    the dock is to connect it to the tv. theres no reason to assume it wont have a normal charger.

nintendo can claim all they want but the wiiu is dead. the fact that theres been 0 announcements all year for anything wiiu related from nintendo is pretty fucking clear.

the 3ds will get limited support until 2018.

again, nintendo claimed the ds wasnt a replacement for the gameboy.

theres just so many gameboys getting made now

the switch is still an upgrade over the wiiu. its not a big upgrade but its still an upgrade.

this is the new home console and the new handheld.

hold onto your fake hopes all you want, but its not going to change that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How do you know you will have to pay extra? If this thing has 1 USB port you can hook it to your car and be fine, providing ur car isn't old as hell.
    Because we don't know if it can be charged via USB for one, and two, I don't use my car at work. If it could be charged via USB I would need to have an external battery, which means I would need to buy one if I already didn't own one. You're assuming this is only going to be used on a car trip, when people might want to take it somewhere there isn't a place for a USB cable to connect to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Very depends on the plane itself. Business class is pretty much guaranteed, deluxe (for the airline we commonly used) should be all up to date, but economy is a coin toss.

Because we don't know if it can be charged via USB for one, and two, I don't use my car at work. If it could be charged via USB I would need to have an external battery, which means I would need to buy one if I already didn't own one. You're assuming this is only going to be used on a car trip, when people might want to take it somewhere there isn't a place for a USB cable to connect to.
    Once again how do you know there won't be a simple way to charge it on the go? This is a "High" gaming tablet, to expect its battery life to be 6hrs+ is foolish. Gaming laptops can't do it and gaming tablets won't ether.

Also like I said we don't know right now what the battery life officially is because no one has gotten there hands on it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Because we don't know if it can be charged via USB for one
    i mean, if it cant we all know that there will be 3rd party accessories that let it.

i have usb chargers for my 3ds and i had one for my old ds lite.

if nintendo doesnt make a usb or a car charger someone else will.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account

https://youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI?t=1m5s Thought it was a charger but might be for headphone.
    Not often, trains in the UK suck too still, rarely if ever get a port. I've got a 7 hour business trip on a train to do, no chance I'll get a USB port.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Not often, trains in the UK suck too still, rarely if ever get a port. I've got a 7 hour business trip on a train to do, no chance I'll get a USB port.
    A simple USB battery fix's the problem and they are dirt cheap. Just depends if this thing has a USB port or not. Not everyone or the majority takes 7 hour train rides or 12 hour flights.

That experience isn't what the common user will be dealing with.

Once again how do you know there won't be a simple way to charge it on the go? This is a "High" gaming tablet, to expect its battery life to be 6hrs+ is foolish.
    i wouldnt say its foolish. 3 hours is definitely really low for a handheld even if it is a hybrid.

if the 3 hours is accurate ill definitely have to pick up something like this for it

https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Pa...atter+pack+3ds

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple USB battery fix's the problem and they are dirt cheap. Just depends if this thing has a USB port or not. Not everyone or the majority takes 7 hour train rides or 12 hour flights.

The experience isn't what the common user will be dealing with.
    That's not a fix, that's just a work around, and still it's a problem regardless... my minimum is 6-7 hours personally, and when my carry on baggage is either full or too heavy, I rather not add an extra kg of battery onto it.
    There's as already noted, battery decay, after two years of constant use that battery life would near half just due to the nature of lithium battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    because no one has gotten their hands on it.
    This answers your first question. For all we know the dock could be the only way to charge it. The point is, low battery life will end up being a detriment to sales as the video and whatever other marketing they do is going to be praising its portability.

That's not a fix, that's just a work around, and still it's a problem regardless... my minimum is 6-7 hours personally, and when my carry on baggage is either full or too heavy, I rather not add an extra kg of battery onto it.
    There's as already noted, battery decay, after two years of constant use that battery life would near half just due to the nature of lithium battery.
    But a decent one costs like 20$, if you can't afford that every other year you have other problems
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    But a decent one costs like 20$, if you can't afford that every other year you have other problems
    Has nothing to do with cost, has everything to do with my luggage and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wouldnt say its foolish. 3 hours is definitely really low for a handheld even if it is a hybrid.

if the 3 hours is accurate ill definitely have to pick up something like this for it

https://www.amazon.com/Nyko-Power-Pa...atter+pack+3ds
    If it was a basic tablet then ya.

High gaming items like Laptops/Tablets have shit battery life this isn't anything new. This isn't also ment to replace someones kids candy crush $30 tablet.

- - - Updated - - -

Has nothing to do with cost, has everything to do with my luggage and shit.
    Ur kidding right?
    This device that is as long and thick as a finger is too much?
    https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCo...ry%2Bpack&th=1
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-21 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ur kidding right?
    This device that is as long and thick as a finger is too much?
    https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCo...ry%2Bpack&th=1
    3350mAh. My current one is 10500mAh with a decent weight to it. And from experience the small ones end up being more of a hassle due to having to charge the battery pack itself more often.

If it was a basic tablet then ya.

High gaming items like Laptops/Tablets have shit battery life this isn't anything new. This isn't also ment to replace someones kids candy crush $30 tablet.
    yeah but this isnt meant to replace my tablet its meant to replace my 3ds. my 3ds xl gets like 5 - 6 hours of battery life and ive had it for like 4 years.

i usually play my games at home but what happens to little kids when they wanna play gen 8 on the switch on their way to grandmas and the battery doesnt last?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but this isnt meant to replace my tablet its meant to replace my 3ds. my 3ds xl gets like 5 - 6 hours of battery life and ive had it for like 4 years.

i usually play my games at home but what happens to little kids when they wanna play gen 8 on the switch on their way to grandmas and the battery doesnt last?
    You buy the item I post above.

Also once again like I said we don't know the official battery life.

Does it suck, Ya but there is a simple fix to it.

3350mAh. My current one is 10500mAh with a decent weight to it. And from experience the small ones end up being more of a hassle due to having to charge the battery pack itself more often.
    With the new battery technology coming in 2018 (hopefully?) you should be able to cut weight in half or double capacity.

was going to get a New 3ds XL for pokemon sun and moon,but after seeing the this totally killed my idea of getting the a 3ds,since look like the Nintendo Switch going to be handheld focus too.