Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face Important features in your home

What are the most important features to you when it comes to a home?

For me :

First of all is the Kitchen. You definitely need somewhere large enough and comfortable enough so you and your husband/wife can cook healthy and delicious meals. Indeed nutrition is most of the battle when it comes to being healthy. Ideally a stand alone Kitchen island would be the centerpiece of the kitchen.

Something like this ...

The next most important thing is probably the master bedroom and washroom. Ideally you want somewhere to relax after a long day's work. Recharge your batteries and all that.

I love how this one has a window on the ceiling for natural light.

Thirdly, it's really important that you have a decent sized area for your bbq and garden.

Something like this is decent but you can also go for a vegetable garden. Think of the enjoyment you'll get from eating dinner that was grown by you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The basement that has a sex swing

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhh what lol

I guess a large backyard is nice

Electricity.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Because if at least 30% of your house isn't invisible to people both inside and outside it you're not doing it right.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lolz, kitchen. I own a three bed, two bathroom house and the only thing in my kitchen that gets used are the dishwasher, the microwave, and the refrigerator. I've never cooked anything in my life. I couldn't honestly tell you if the stove works.

I can't really put a finger on any one thing thats all important. My place is just somewhere I sleep and keep all my stuff. All I need for it to do is function and keep the unscheduled maintenance to a minimum.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    When we moved there were three main things on our list:

A kitchen that is open to the sitting/TV area.
    A large backyard.
    Each kids has there own room and a game/playroom.

We found it all, and two years later the one thing I hate is there is no real pantry. Fucking food in cupboards everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post

Because if at least 30% of your house isn't invisible to people both inside and outside it you're not doing it right.
    Let's be real son. Almost nobody has a house like that.

Deleted
    It's too big

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Wow all this technological advancement and interior design still looks garbage.
    Yeah well if you're a billionaire you could probably do better. Otherwise better face reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Let's be real son. Almost nobody has a house like that.
    Right, only the smart people.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

15+ Year Old Account
    For us, the kitchen was an important feature. We wanted a large kitchen with a lot of counter space. We ended up with more home than we needed though (3 bedroom; 2 full and 2 half bath with 2 living rooms). It should be good for resale in a few years.

I need that for my gun room!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I need that for my gun room!
    Yes you do man, yes you do. Skip the man cave plans and start saving for this hah.

lots of acreage and privacy, preferably in the woods. room for animals and the ability to grow my own food. also low/no road noise and light polution. home also needs to be functional with lots of of wood, big enough kitchen and a large garage for all the activities. also needs the option to heat the home with wood.

exactly the home i just purchased. it's a little light on acreage from what i was looking for, but it's very good acreage for a smaller amount than i was hoping for. idealy i would want like 40+acres (more the better), i was looking for 5-10 and settled on 2 becaue it was better than some 10acre properties we had looked at. either way its not my last home, so it will do for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did I know you'd start with the kitchen........

For me, the bathroom. A good sized toilet, can't stand those really small ones. Room to move around in. The one I have now you can't spread your arms out without hitting a wall. A tub you can stretch your legs out in and a shower.

Deleted

Wow I want this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Wow I want this.
    Start researching safe rooms, hidden rooms and the like. There are all sorts of sneaky ways to design something like this into the home. It's not just hidden doors in the library shelving anymore haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought a house a couple years ago. Obviously there are a lot of things I would have if the budget was unlimited and the inventory vast (one of them being a large kitchen with an island) but the reality is that I am not a rich person, and there is a lot of competition for the houses out there so ultimately you end up taking what you can get.

My realistic requirements ended up being:

• Safe neighbourhood
    • Fixer-upper fine but needs to be in liveable condition now
    • no HOA
    • Single story
    • Central A/C (this is the desert)
    • Attached fullsized garage. If laundry in garage must be direct access. No preference if house has laundry room/area.
    • Prefer gas range in kitchen
    • At least 2 bedrooms and 1.75 bathrooms. Second bedroom large enough to fit two computer desks. (so many newer homes have huge master bedrooms and suuuuper tiny secondary bedrooms
    • Adequate street parking (having lived at a place without street parking taught me the hassle when you have company is not worth it)

My kitchen is small (smaller even than my last two apartments) but has tons of storage space. I don't have a dining room at all, but that ended up being fine since we mostly eat at our desks. There are other compromises, too, but overall very happy with the house we got. It was the 11th house we put an offer on, and the first one that was accepted. The market was extremely fierce with every house getting tons of bids well over asking. For example, the second house we offered on -- the one we liked best by far -- got 22 offers and ended up selling for $33,500 over asking price with a bunch of other weird conditionals. We wouldn't have really had the option of being crazy picky even if we had wanted to be.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |