Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I assume you can either sell it or exchange it via the won exchange person
    Nah it's a store item. The exchange in Mor Dhona is for the primal/first coil stuff sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nah it's a store item. The exchange in Mor Dhona is for the primal/first coil stuff sadly.
    Ohhh you mean the ffxiii stuff right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ohhh you mean the ffxiii stuff right?
    Yeah of course it made sense for it to be a 1 hander back then because first Coil and the EX 2.1 primals but now tbh it makes no sense. I'm not saying scrap the 1h just mail a 2 hander to players as well imo.

I can't wait until the next POTD floors go live. From what I recall 51-100 are going to be the next step of 'story floors' and then 101-200 are meant to be the 'difficult' floors.

It'll be interesting to see just how much coordination will be required for the latter floors and if they're genuinely difficult to not.

I hope there's going to be a bunch of new, exclusive rewards to purchase/hunt down. I've already snagged the floating head mount and it won't be long until I get the two minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing different unearthed treasure, or whatever it's called in english. It's noted with G1 in Japanese so I'm just assuming there will be different tiers of treasures to find, all the maps are noted by G# for example. Not to also mention the ID box looks like it'll put more than one object on the list.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the current floors give bronze loot bags, and the NPC even already says that deeper floors will have better loot bags. I expect 51-100 to have silver and 101-200 gold, or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doomsday is upon us, I could actually see Idyllshire vendors.

Also tried to go to unsynced dungeon, and instead game gave me this:

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I can't wait until the next POTD floors go live. From what I recall 51-100 are going to be the next step of 'story floors' and then 101-200 are meant to be the 'difficult' floors.

It'll be interesting to see just how much coordination will be required for the latter floors and if they're genuinely difficult to not.

I hope there's going to be a bunch of new, exclusive rewards to purchase/hunt down. I've already snagged the floating head mount and it won't be long until I get the two minions.
    I've been on a tear in POTD the past week, mainly because FC folks wanted to get decent weapons for alt jobs, plus I had a friend return to the game after a couple months away for Legion and he just got the 210 anima done, so he was a ways behind until last night, when he and a couple others got nice new 235 weapons.

Compared to my earlier adventures in POTD, when it was just one friend along with me (mostly as a dps/healer tandem), running POTD with 3-4 people makes it 100% faceroll. We just cleared last night with all 4 of us being NIN. The only annoying part was that I couldn't convince the others to dye their gear red, blue, or orange (I had purple covered), so no TMNT reference from us. What a shame.

I'm wondering how we'll get the 255 weapons from there. I'm guessing that we'll be able to start at floor 51 and in doing so, instead of it being aetherpool rating, we have something like "super aetherpool" or whatever. Basically a new rating system of sorts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Yeah, I'll stick with the Roe. One thing I noticed in the char creator : Female Roe have the biggest slider for Height by a lot (30.7 cm between min/max, all the others have less than 17 cm between min/max) I wonder why.

Now I need to decide between being tall or being fucking tall and this naming convention will, once again, be fun times

Okay, thanks.
    Even the shortest Roes tower over everyone except the tallest highlanders, elezen, and male Au'ra. As to why there's such a large range of height available compared to others, I'm not certain, but even setting height mid scale on femroe will have you looking down at most all of the in-game population (or them asking you how the weather for tomorrow looks).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Exactly. Ariyala's toolkit places ~10 point stat weight difference between the absolute best and the absolute worst race for even tanks (who benefit from having 2 different main stats that effect DPS rather than just one). There is bigger variance in raid accessories of the same item level.

Also, we just started doing A11S last week, what a fun fight. Well maybe not if you're a black mage, but still. Looking forward to giving A12S a try soon.
    Exactly this, regarding the racial differences. The only racial that makes even a remote difference at max level is piety for BLM, and it's a bit of a fringe case. For the "proper" opening sequence on BLM, a minimum of 264 piety is required. Only 3 different subraces meet that requirement: Dunesfolk Lalafel, Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te, and...well crap, I forget the last one. Even the lowest piety races can meet that requirement with a single grade 4 piety meld. Furthermore, this particular case only applies at level 60; numbers could change where by level 70, this fringe case is rendered completely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Only 3 different subraces meet that requirement: Dunesfolk Lalafel, Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te, and...well crap, I forget the last one.
    Au Ra (Raen) have same amount as Keepers of the Moon.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wi...ing_Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Au Ra (Raen) have same amount as Keepers of the Moon.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wi...ing_Attributes
    Aha. Thought it was one of the Au'ra but almost said Xaen, but they're the ones that match highlanders on STR (but not SXY ).

Well Botanist and Alchemist are 60, just fisher and goldsmith for none combat to go. May actually get all 60's soon but man is Paladin the most boring MMORPG class i have played since a few guild wars 2 classes back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well Botanist and Alchemist are 60, just fisher and goldsmith for none combat to go. May actually get all 60's soon but man is Paladin the most boring MMORPG class i have played since a few guild wars 2 classes back in the day.
    PLD gets way more fun to play starting at 50. Prior to that, yeah, it's pretty zzz worthy. I still wish it had a proper damage dealing AoE equivalent to Overpower and/or Unleash.

Unrelated note, lore book shipped today! I'm NA, and I went with standard shipping, so here's hoping it's in my hands this time next week.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    yea paladin and 2 healers are my last 3 to 60 and i just have 0 interest playing any of them.

Welp, with all the PSN DDOS attacks making the servers shit the bed im still not at 40 with FSH so i just took a break to play the Dragon Quest Builders demo instead.

Now i really want the proffession questlines of 4.0 to involve building a town

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    The thing is that when you go into content with randoms and you don't find a fight challenging but they do it's tiresome to wipe because they mess up all the time. And you have no option but to either PF it or keep queueing until you run out of crappers because it's content you have to do to progress the story.
    I usually queue trial roulette as healer so it may feel less frustrating due to being able to mitigate people messing up. Part of the fun as healer is challenging yourself to deal with these player mistakes. Of course, only to certain extent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Decide to give into my recent urge to race change.

Who wants to take bets on how long before I race change back to Au Ra? :'D

Shall I give it a week?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a week is being very generous. XD But we'll see!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow??

RNGeesus is a fickle creature. Won Titan pony earlier today completing it for WT (2nd kill ever).

Later, I would have to finally obtain my Sophia Ex weapon via totems; not once have I seen the BLM weapon drop, so now I know soon as I go back it'll drop 2-3 times in a row. Oh well, least in farm groups I can call WHM or some other weapon.

Last...I missed 3 lines on my WT book by a single doohickey.

Oh well. I'm halfway to a Kirin now, and along the way, completed 240 WAR anima...no more of those. I'm done as can be with anima weapons now.