Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    The one problem with account bound reputation is that people with more chars will get the rep up more quickly.
    You need some solid system here to prevent this, as it's not viable to block every daily/world quest associated with a faction when one char has done it, nor is a fixed 'only x rep per day' - system enjoyable.

Even though Legion is Rep heavy, Rep is earned very easy and quickly (imo), as you can practically do every world quest every few hours, which give a nice amount.
    However, the MoP System worked pretty well for me (Rep boost unlockable for a faction as soon as one char reches revered).

Also, the Suramar Dungeon unlocks will be accountwide next week, when 7.1 is released.
    I disagree with the idea of acct bound rep to begin with, but I think preventing your concerns would be easy if they did it. Each character still has their own rep with their own rep counter, as it is now, but when deciding access to rep gated items or vendor prices affected by rep, the game just always goes by the "highest rep of any of your characters. I could live with a system like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Account wide , no. What I earn on one character should be character based.
    However I do wish they would return to MoP style account wide commendation to double rep for alts.
    It would solve a lot of problems.
    Why though? I don't understand this because it's YOUR account not someone else's, but yours. Is it so you can just go repeat the rep grind again on another character when you have already done it on your main because you're bored? To me that is NOT content it's just busy work. It would be one thing if mounts, pets and most other things were not account wide, but they are so once you hit whatever rep you need for it, it's bound to your account anyways so there is no need to do it on another unless it's locking you out content like CoS and The Archway.

I don't see the problem give account wide rep because you've already done it once, why do you need to do it again? Is it LORE reason?

I wholly agree. Something I feel is also overlooked is that character reputation is not shared for achievements. Using Pandaren Ambassador as an example, it doesn't count that one character is exalted with Klaxxi and another with August Celestials for the meta, you have to have done it all on the same character. Things like that hurt the QoL of the game, IMO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Why though? I don't understand this because it's YOUR account not someone else's, but yours. Is it so you can just go repeat the rep grind again on another character when you have already done it on your main because you're bored? To me that is NOT content it's just busy work. It would be one thing if mounts, pets and most other things were not account wide, but they are so once you hit whatever rep you need for it, it's bound to your account anyways so there is no need to do it on another unless it's locking you out content like CoS and The Archway.

I don't see the problem give account wide rep because you've already done it once, why do you need to do it again? Is it LORE reason?
    For me it's more a gameplay issue, I have 24 alts all in legion, if rep was account wide, by the time any alt hit 110 it would make emmisary quests near useless each day, and the alternative only earn rep once per day on one character would equally mean it's useless.
    Old reps sure. Account wide, go nuts on it, current reps though IMO shouldn't be, but I'm just one voice, everyone has their own opinion

Reputation tokens (non-Withered Army Training) are already BoA once you reach exalted with that faction on said toon, problem solved

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    For past expansions the rep should definitely be acct wide. As for Legion id like a better Rep catch up system, MoP had tokens an Wrath had Tabards..
    As much as I'd like to agree with this, I don't really, because there has to be a cost to obtaining old (now very valuable) patterns.

So: Nope.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should go one step further and introduce a character lineage/legacy system like the one used in The Old Republic. I don't know what it does other than look neat though but it'd be interesting to have all your characters connected through a weird family tree and then use that information to be like "hey, this guy is a good friend with that other guy who is exalted with us so treat him well!" kind of deal.

If not to automatically share reputation it could at least give a substantial boost based on the highest rep character you have with said faction.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I wholly agree. Something I feel is also overlooked is that character reputation is not shared for achievements. Using Pandaren Ambassador as an example, it doesn't count that one character is exalted with Klaxxi and another with August Celestials for the meta, you have to have done it all on the same character. Things like that hurt the QoL of the game, IMO.
    I have no problem requiring players to get all the reps done on one toon.

My "rep" toon is a priest; I would be disappointed if Blizzard turned my "hard mode" off after many years and whatever it is, 60 reps now on that very hard to rep grind toon.

Deleted
    One compromise could be, to make shoulder enchants boa, and rank 3 recipes boa

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going farther with this, if for example you want to have both Scryers and Aldor patterns on a toon, you absolutely positively should have to grind both reps for each profession toon. That's how everyone has always done it, and it's how everyone should always do it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    One compromise could be, to make shoulder enchants boa, and rank 3 recipes boa
    Now I have no problem with that. Good idea in fact. But on the other hand I'm getting used to grinding the Harvester enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I think they should go one step further and introduce a character lineage/legacy system like the one used in The Old Republic. I don't know what it does other than look neat though but it'd be interesting to have all your characters connected through a weird family tree and then use that information to be like "hey, this guy is a good friend with that other guy who is exalted with us so treat him well!" kind of deal.
    Yes please, that's pretty awesome in SWTOR... One char is like the "dad" of all and the alts are descendants in one way or another.. I like that.. I like that it kinda connects all my chars into one "family".

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having reps account wide just makes you want to not put any effort in to it, and I don't want to make it some easy thing to get. Each character you have has to EARN their way into the good graces of that faction, not just be given exalted benefits like it's the old nepotism-giving your son/daughter a place in the family business despite the fact they didn't earn it.

The only way I suggest to counter it is to add the Legion versions of those MoP commendations that granted 100% account rep gain, or at least convert the current rep insignias we do have to be BoA. All there currently is is the weekly event for double WQ rep. Add the Darkmoon Faire buff to that, and you'll be Exalted in no time.

All pre-Legion reps bar Classic and WoD (Can't get rep in those dungeons anymore) have some sort of catch-up, and even then we can just go to DMF to make it that bit less arduous.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

The one problem with account bound reputation is that people with more chars will get the rep up more quickly.
    You need some solid system here to prevent this, as it's not viable to block every daily/world quest associated with a faction when one char has done it, nor is a fixed 'only x rep per day' - system enjoyable.

Even though Legion is Rep heavy, Rep is earned very easy and quickly (imo), as you can practically do every world quest every few hours, which give a nice amount.
    However, the MoP System worked pretty well for me (Rep boost unlockable for a faction as soon as one char reches revered).

Also, the Suramar Dungeon unlocks will be accountwide next week, when 7.1 is released.
    So how about reputation not being account wide before you hit exalted with a faction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Old reputations yes, but current ones should be by character until 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I have no problem requiring players to get all the reps done on one toon.

My "rep" toon is a priest; I would be disappointed if Blizzard turned my "hard mode" off after many years and whatever it is, 60 reps now on that very hard to rep grind toon.
    News Flash, Blizzard shit all over you back in MoP, of course Derp is Derp...

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Having reps account wide just makes you want to not put any effort in to it, and I don't want to make it some easy thing to get. Each character you have has to EARN their way into the good graces of that faction, not just be given exalted benefits like it's the old nepotism-giving your son/daughter a place in the family business despite the fact they didn't earn it.
    Story/RPG elements sometimes have to give way to gameplay. With rep, profession and artefact grinds together really make alting a real pain.

The solution is to keep per-character reputation, and overlay it with the rep level of your highest repped character, making that rep account-bound.

I really don't care about current content rep. And honestly it seems stupid to have. What I hate about this system. is that on an alt ( or a new main even worse) I lose all tabards I had on my main. And the rep no longer stacks up for new achievements. (aka 30 old exalted reps on char a 10 exalted new reps on char b, does not award 40 exalted rep achieve)

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I would be disappointed if Blizzard turned my "hard mode" off after many years and whatever it is, 60 reps now on that very hard to rep grind toon.
    Welcome to WoW. There isn't a single thing I've worked "hard mode" for that hasn't been given to players on a silver platter, most of which weren't even QoL improvements like account bound rep would be either.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Yes, grinding Waterlords rep in MC for 20 weeks(aprox if you not human)is so fun.

I would had so much more fun, if you could once reached exalted, it would go on the all your chars. And why would someone get butthurt about that?