Norman Reedus wants to play Ghostrider

I could see him in the roll. Would you guys watch it if he played Ghostrider in a movie?

Not only does Norman Reedus look bad ass riding his motorcycle on The Walking Dead, but Reedus is also starring in a new AMC series, Ride With Me, which sees Reedus exploring motorcycle culture.

So who better than Norman Reedus to play Ghost Rider as the rights to the character have recently returned to Marvel.

"Hell yeah. It would be a blast," Reedus said about potentially playing Marvel's Spirit of Vengeance."Do I get a skull face that’s on fire and all that stuff? F--k yeah. I’m down.”

Nicholas Cage played Ghost Rider in two movies for Sony, with UpRoxx noting Reedus is a fan.

I've always been a fan of the Dan Ketch version myself, hopefully with Doctor Strange launching the supernatural side of Marvel, Ghost Rider will ride once again
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...ls-ghost-rider
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Ghost Rider already exists in the MCU so... No.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The problem i see with it is that the other movies kinda killed the momentum a good Ghost rider could have. The general public knows nothing about him but that he was in 2 lame movies. While Disney can push foward, its gona be hard. Its in a similar situation to where Judge dread was and now is. Mass market thinks he was a lame hero played by Stalone. The movie with Karl Urban was good, but nobody went to see it. Except people that knew that Stalone movie was not judge dread lol. Disney is gona have to market the hell out of a ghostrider movie to remove the shit taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    200 years from now all movies are based in the marvel and DC universes, not an original movie has come out since 2023.
    You forgot to add star wars to the list. Which i wouldnt mind if it had a movie until i die honestly. I grew up in the 80s-90s watching star wars special editions weekly with my brothers, everyday, playing star wars games, reading star wars books, etc. What im saying is that to me even terrible star wars is entertaining in some way. I can even watch the prequels without dying, too much.

At the end of the day is it not a good thing? Bunch of people just nostalgic about imaginary stuff. Instead of being nostalgic about becoming nazi or fighting for the muslims army. Just let the world be nostalgic for the 80s-90s so we can relive all the cartoons, comics, movies, from that era for a century or two.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-10-21 at 09:28 PM.

oh yeah.

I bet you're looking forward to the tv show haha.
    Would probably eventually watch it when a full show is concluded. 2016+. Just watch a full show on the internet over a month spooning on the couch is pretty much standard procedure.

200 years from now all movies are based in the marvel and DC universes, not an original movie has come out since 2023.
    Add Star Wars and Fast & Furious to the list and it's pretty accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    The problem i see with it is that the other movies kinda killed the momentum a good Ghost rider could have. The general public knows nothing about him but that he was in 2 lame movies. While Disney can push foward, its gona be hard. Its in a similar situation to where Judge dread was and now is. Mass market thinks he was a lame hero played by Stalone. The movie with Karl Urban was good, but nobody went to see it. Except people that knew that Stalone movie was not judge dread lol. Disney is gona have to market the hell out of a ghostrider movie to remove the shit taste.
    They wouldn't need to go THAT far. They did it with Hulk twice. The Ed Norton Hulk movie was far better than the Eric Bana one, and the Avengers made the Hulk even better and more popular. And they did just fine with the Daredevil series correcting the damage they did with the Ben Affleck version.

All they really need is to either make it a quality tv series, or include Ghost Rider in a movie with an existing franchise.

...and act like the first two movies never happened. Which seems to be what Marvel is good at when it comes to course correcting their failed movie attempts of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    A ghost rider does.

johnny blaze is a different character.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Probably how i'll watch it too.

Not to keen on more death star lore though, kinda wish they'd drop the idea of the death star as it seems to be a hang up in the SW universe.
    Well rogue one is about the death star. So you might not be too happy lol. Personally im looking foward to rogue one more than i was force awakens. It makes it feels like its part of the original trilogy era. Part of why i liked Shadows of empire as a book. It fills a gap that you didnt really need filled, but does it well enough that you feel it expands things. Im hoping rogue one is good at doing that too.

if ghost rider gets his own thing it'll be on netflix. any possible movie with ghost rider in it would be a very very long time from now hes not movie potential
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    He should play Danny Ketch, not Johnny Blaze.

It's just an interview question, I wouldn't say no in his shoes either. I'd watch him
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2016-10-21 at 10:08 PM.

Cool, then we'd actually get to have a proper Ghost Rider, and not that stupid muscle car version.

more then one ghost rider, even in the comics. at the same time.

There have been several Ghost Riders. They could do any of them. Even the original old west horseback riding one. Johnny Blaze probably is the most well known and popular one though. The one on M:AoS is not him. I never liked him. He's not even really a Ghost Rider. Not in the traditional sense anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if ghost rider gets his own thing it'll be on netflix. any possible movie with ghost rider in it would be a very very long time from now hes not movie potential
    really I'd rather see him in a Thunderbolts/Champions movie then on his own. at least from the on set, get a stand alone movie way down the road as you said.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be okay with Norman taking over the handlebars as either Johnny or Danny. But only as a Netflix series, not a film or cable network, because it definitely needs tied into the Netflix MCU, and doesn't need to jump through the filters that cable networks have. Hell, I'd actually be fine with both Robbie and whichever GR Norman isn't showing up during the series for a big GR teamup. It'd be hilarious watching Johnny, Danny, and Robbie tear through the streets of NY after some baddies, while Daredevil/Luke/Iron Fist/Night Nurse sit there in dismay of the carnage that Team GR is causing. Meanwhile Jessica and the Punisher are enjoying the hell out of it.