Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Quoting 2 videos which could be intresting to discuss. Also the second video, do you think he is full of shit or not? Whats your gut feeling?
    My gut feeling is that I'm not going to waste my time with any youtube video. Anything worth discussing in this thread can be typed out. Just because there is someone on a youtube channel flapping their mouth does not make their points any more valid or discussion worthy.

Quoting 2 videos which could be intresting to discuss. Also the second video, do you think he is full of shit or not? Whats your gut feeling?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEW3NCJNac

https://youtu.be/uYA7wqrLhWQ
    Both are full of shit. Second one was vomit inducing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Both are full of shit. Second one was vomit inducing.
    Well. I guess we have to eat that vomit up together if he is speaking the truth lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEW3NCJNac

https://youtu.be/uYA7wqrLhWQ
    He's full of shit, developers literally wouldn't risk losing their jobs/being demoted to give such information to people outside of the company. He's just grasping at straws, chances are they are working on Vanilla WoW, does that mean he 'talks to devs' ? no, it means he's just trying to milk a few youtube views and hoping they announce it at BlizzCon so he can make a follow up video going "OMG I TOTALLY TOLD YOU GUYS I WASN'T LYING!"

Well. I guess we have to eat that vomit up together if he is speaking the truth lol.
    2nd one is just some random moron thinking he has ties with Blizzard. It's cute as well as pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    He's full of shit, developers literally wouldn't risk losing their jobs/being demoted to give such information to people outside of the company. He's just grasping at straws, chances are they are working on Vanilla WoW, does that mean he 'talks to devs' ? no, it means he's just trying to milk a few youtube views and hoping they announce it at BlizzCon so he can make a follow up video going "OMG I TOTALLY TOLD YOU GUYS I WASN'T LYING!"
    This as well. No dev is that dumb.

Its just a question of money, i dont think getting the servers up and running is the problem its supporting them after launch. Catching bugs, hackers, bots etc takes time and money, not sure they are willing to take the leap unless they are sure it can be profitable. They know we want this, it just all comes down to the bottom line (and that bottom line includes how much its going to leech from retail product).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Its just a question of money, i dont think getting the servers up and running is the problem its supporting them after launch. Catching bugs, hackers, bots etc takes time and money, not sure they are willing to take the leap unless they are sure it can be profitable. They know we want this, it just all comes down to the bottom line (and that bottom line includes how much its going to leech from retail product).
    as well as how much it will stem the part-time sub phenomenon the quick-consumption content model encourages.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That is just you playing around with words, nothing else
    No that's just a fact of life.

- - - Updated - - -

They know people want it. They don't know how many want to pay for it and will continue to play something that doesn't move forward after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    They know people want it. They don't know how many want to pay for it and will continue to play something that doesn't move forward after 2 years.
    Or if people will just get bored with the grind because nostalgia tained things and stop playing after a month. Or my favorite scenario just stop paying to play it and go right back to private servers after they see what Blizz has to offer.

I do think its inevitable classic servers will happen btw, there will come a time eventually where it would simply be a financial loss to not do them. Its just when, i dont know how many xpacs are planned after legion so i cant really give a date.

If Blizzard wanted people to know they would have leaked to a more well known person and the dev certainly wouldn't release such info to a guy that would make a vid like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think its inevitable classic servers will happen btw, there will come a time eventually where it would simply be a financial loss to not do them. Its just when, i dont know how many xpacs are planned after legion so i cant really give a date.
    And then there will be a time it will turn into a financial lost to continue to do them.
    Blizzard already found out box sells make a fortune and it will be hard to continue to make box sells for a game that people don't want to expand.
    Last edited by stomination; 2016-10-22 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Walking to dungeons and using the meeting stone was so cool.
    There was no meeting stones until TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There was no meeting stones until TBC.
    Meeting stones were added in 1.3 during Vanilla. What you mean is that meeting stones did not function as summoning stones until 2.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    players who want bg's will have bg's.

players who want world pvp may or may not have it. unknown.

Basically that, if you are enjoying PvP it doesnt matter what expansion it is or how many BGs there are(new bgs/arenas are always nice tho), if the Classes are just bad to play with, PvP will just be bad, hence why most PvPers just want WotLK/MoP (mostly) since it was very balanced and fun as a PvPer, if Legacy is once opened i would still play on a Vanilla/BC realm no matter how unbalanced it is since i know there will once be a time where i can enjoy rated PvP more than i can on the Live servers. (i know that its still the first Season and the first Season will always be the most unbalanced)

i dont think legacy servers will ever be a good idea for blizz. the cost of running them with all the versions they would have to have would cost them tons and be a net loss for everyone. the only way i can see blizz making any legacy style is in the form of seasons. this way there can be a season for each expac and if they want each patch. there can be a lvling season that makes it so you can do all the lvling or a season for raiding that starts toons out at max lvl with a base gear set. this would let players see what it was like but still have something new every now and then.

Nearly 2 million hits on this thread and still no legacy servers

Blizz had hoped that this will die down and they was right because it has even that bullshit clean servers is nowhere to be seen.

If you want something then keep fighting for it!

Endless Pressure, Endlessly Applied!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    You clearly dont know how a forum works - if you have enough spare time you can easily make it 3mill

Blizz had hoped that this will die down and they was right because it has even that bullshit clean servers is nowhere to be seen.
    It has cause the numbers of people wanteing it are so low it wouldnt be cost effecient at all.

If you want something then keep fighting for it! Endless Pressure, Endlessly Applied!
    I wish I could see people like this faces when they realize this Blizzcon will be 95% about Diablo and the 20th Birthday of it.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid! Totally everyone that has viewed/posted in this thread is all for Legacy servers!

Because each hit is one unique person right? /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because each hit is one unique person right? /facepalm
    Just because you say /facepalm doesnt mean shit

Also i never said each hit was a certain person but the fact this thread has more hits than most websites would kill for means there is serious interest in this.