Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    History has proven?>
    Wod warriors saw several nerfs once performing at the upper spectrum during both the first and last tier. Mop fury got nerfed right after a decent first tier. Cata fury also got nerfed after pre pull mastery deathwish fury was putting together good numbers in cataclysm. I don't think it makes too much sense to go back further with balancing paradigm shifting just too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The legendaries make a big difference to Arms, but they make a big difference for other classes too or are we being blind to that fact in order to look inwards with our bitterness around not having them?
    Well someone else already provided the link. I think you'll see that actually quite a couple of other melee specs don't have such high impact legendaries and that such high impact legendaries are certainly not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Wod warriors saw several nerfs once performing at the upper spectrum during both the first and last tier. Mop fury got nerfed right after a decent first tier. Cata fury also got nerfed after pre pull mastery deathwish fury was putting together good numbers in cataclysm. I don't think it makes too much sense to go back further with balancing paradigm shifting just too much.
    Not sure what your point is, Warriors were also top tier DPS throughout the expansion, and Fury in particular saw considerable buffs in 5.4. In fact, if you really want to look at history, at least one of the Warrior specs has been top tier competitive for organized raiding in every expansion to date sans WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well someone else already provided the link. I think you'll see that actually quite a couple of other melee specs don't have such high impact legendaries and that such high impact legendaries are certainly not the norm.
    Now regarding legendaries, I agree. Arms legendaries are disproportionately powerful when compared to Furys, whether the answer to that is to buff Furys or nerf Arms is up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not sure what your point is, Warriors were also top tier DPS throughout the expansion, and Fury in particular saw considerable buffs in 5.4. In fact, if you really want to look at history, at least one of the Warrior specs has been top tier competitive for organized raiding in every expansion to date sans WoD.
    I don't really agree with fury being top tier in tot considering how out of control certain specs were at that time and I certainly back then disagreed with the nerfs going into tot following an actually quite competitive tier but well even that was quite some time ago by now.
    If their goal is once again just bringing the specs closer I'd guess it should end up being both but time will tell. I am quite curious what those warriors with both items can dish out numbers wise in the right pulls once there are a couple more around.

Deleted
    what about to play the spec you love and not focus only on Dps. Iam fury and arms are just fine. We get some buffs but why must we top the meters.

Play the freaking spec you love and enjoy the game. Dont get there with ohh that spec does more dps then fury. fury need a buff. kids from 8 years do that

Deleted
    I WANT the Arms legendaries to be as shit as Fury ones so it there isn't such a large divide between players with the legendaries and the players without.

Why would you say you want arms legendary nerfs when we could just have fury buffs. Ceann-ar Charger and Ayala's Rng could go a long way to fix the endgame for fury warriors. Instead we want to gut one spec? Cmon now

Deleted
    You are saying that you want to have low dps and a clunky rotation unless you are part of the lucky few to get the right legendary? No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aegeahg View Post
    You are saying that you want to have low dps and a clunky rotation unless you are part of the lucky few to get the right legendary? No thanks
    The problem isn't the legendaries, it's the core of the spec.

Both the ring and the gloves make arms feel good, the spec plays so much better with extra rage due to tactician - the delta between an unlucky arms parse and a lucky parse is huge. If you just simply neuter the items then nothing has been resolved. The legendaries can be indirectly nerfed by fixing how the baseline spec plays - even something as simple as 'bad luck prevention' on tactician would be huge.

Fury has its own set of problems but there are people that only enjoy playing arms so why would you want to try and screw them over just because you're bitter.
    Last edited by Valsh; 2016-10-22 at 04:14 PM.

the only "nerf" I want for legendaries of my own class is to make the baseline spec better if they nerf it, otherwise it seems stupid to want to nerf your own class just because you play the other spec. In reality you should know how to play both.

Arms has its strengths and weaknesses, as does fury. Neither are particularly broken on all the content. If arms is disproportionate in it's ST damage in raids (esp with legendary), then it makes up for that by lacking in Mythic+ dungeons AoE.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    The problem isn't the legendaries, it's the core of the spec.

Both the ring and the gloves make arms feel good, the spec plays so much better with extra rage due to tactician - the delta between an unlucky arms parse and a lucky parse is huge. If you just simply neuter the items then nothing has been resolved. The legendaries can be indirectly nerfed by fixing how the baseline spec plays - even something as simple as 'bad luck prevention' on tactician would be huge.

Fury has its own set of problems but there are people that only enjoy playing arms so why would you want to try and screw them over just because you're bitter.
    This guy gets it.

Nerfs to legendaries should only come with a careful re-evaluation of how a given spec feels and performs baseline. Currently, arms feels awkward and has mediocre baseline performance, on average, without these items - neuter the legendaries without taking that into account and we're all back at square one.

Actually kind of blows my mind that people are still lobbying for poorly thought out nerfs to their own class after what almost happened with EtW and tactician.

I think from a world first progression point of view the legendaries are a bit of a headache because no matter how OP they are, they will become mandatory, from an average perspective though they just represent an exciting opportunity to have an unfair advantage, that is the angle Blizzard is taking with them.

From the average perspective it's fine to have overpowered Legendaries, from the high end it's ridiculous that they exist to begin with as exclusive items. Arms has really strong legendaries, other specs do too.. I think that's the intention though, Blizz has only nerfed Legendaries for being too strong in the overall class balance, not so much being too strong within a class.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I definitely wouldn't say the arms legendaries are overpowered at all. If anything, I would say they complete the spec and smooth out the rotation greatly. They don't really add anything too ridiculous to the spec.

If you want to talk about overpowered legendaries, I would note the mage lust ring or the leather belt as being pretty stupidly strong.

I would say the issue is that fury's legendaries just aren't very strong, as well as not synergizing that well with the spec. This is either the fault of the legendaries themselves, or long known issues that fury has as a whole.

For example, the helm increases rage gen, which increases casts of rampage, which in turn increases enrage uptime. This is fine and dandy, but the issue is that rampage itself is a fairly lackluster ability damage-wise. I think if you're building up 100 rage to cast an ability, it should really pack a punch instead of just being a glorified enrage bot ability.

The ring, though being the best performing legendary, also doesn't really provide that much increase, either. This is due to the issue with Juggernaut, and that execute just doesn't do that much damage without juggernaut stacks. This would be easily remedied by the buff to Juggernaut that everyone has been asking for(that being higher % increase, lower stack count, higher duration), which could make is so that by the time you reach execute phase, you already have a decent amount of stacks rolling and ready.

The cloak is decent, 5% increased damage is okay, could be better.

I'm not quite sure why the dps specs have access to the healing bracers(or the damage absorb neck for that matter), but the amount of non-useful legendaries you can get is also a big problem, for all classes. I was lucky enough to get the MS gloves as my first legendary, but just recently got the bracers. I'm just happy I didn't get the CC ring or the shield neck, though I know I'm more than likely to get one of those rather than the execute ring. But I can dream.

Overall, RNG based legendaries are pretty bad design. I'm hoping at some point you'll be able to trade in a legendary you don't want for one that actually does something, but I doubt blizzard would implement something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinzo View Post
    I WANT the Arms legendaries to be as shit as Fury ones so it there isn't such a large divide between players with the legendaries and the players without.
    So you can stop farming those legendaries. And can just afk after raid, or what? Personally I like that most legendaries have their strenghts and flaws. Looting those m+ caches is more exciting that way. I got the healing bracers ones and while Id like the gloves or ring more, they actually heal quite a bit and can be used for all specs, so I don't see them as a useless drop.

One problem with this xpac is the Artifact Power... I can't upgrade arms and fury artifacts faster enough to have both ready for raiding. Too much artifact power is needed to have a good weapon.
    If I have both ready I just swap the specs on each boss, but my fury artifact is far ahead of my arms artifact
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Reroll or spec arms. End of story. Fury will maybe be viable in a year.

Deleted
    "Why would you want X to be better / worse, stop 'whining' and just re-roll to Y, why should X be better?" - Everyone's fucking whining in this thread, jesus christ. Even the Arms players. You can all stop with this "holier than thou" shit. You're all (Arms & Fury alike) trying to screw the other fucking spec and then hiding like cowards behind your "stop whining and bringing the other spec Down, wahwahwah" - Shut the fuck up.

Both specs needs to be looked at, baseline, not the legendaries, at least not until changes have been made or the specs have been reviewed baseline.

Both specs should be viable for all content, being blocked out of Mythic+ if you for instance buffed the shit out of your arms artifact is shit, just as being not as likely to enter raids simply because you're fury is also shit.

Now, people might bring up other classes with 3/3 DPS specs, but that's different, as they're a purebred DPS class, where as we warriors still have one tanking spec. Meaning our DPS choices are flavor, what WE as individual players, feel like playing. This game was always about the fucking choice, they've always paraded the fact that everyone can play and be competitive (Its seldomly been true, yes I know, but this is how they've advertised their game for years.) although now with more readily available legendaries and artifacts, some with far better traits than others, like the mage situation where the choice has pretty much been made for you, at least for now.

However, once you've decided to play Fury, and surely you've read on these forums how subpar it is compared to Arms in most situations, then you made that choice, and you should deal with it, try to work with it and accept it as a choice you made with the information you had and the current situation of the spec.

In all honesty, Fury should get touched upon slightly to bring it up a little bit, making it more fluid and maybe increasing its damage slightly, while Arms shouldn't get butchered, especially since so many people have already poured their artifact power into it at this point, so nerfing it completely would be cause for uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombervain View Post
    Reroll or spec arms. End of story. Fury will maybe be viable in a year.
    ^ By then you'll be upgrading your second or perhaps third Artifact Weapons.

The warrior legendaries are a good example of why legiondaries are a cancer

Quote Originally Posted by EnìgmaEU View Post
    Why should fury be on top?
    Especially considering how much better fury has been than arms for the past like 4 expansions.
    I have been maining this class since launch of the game, and arms has always been either boring, or crap. They have never been able to make it good and fun to play at the same time The closest in my opinion was proberly in cata. I know alot of people didn't like cata, but i liked the spreading of deep wounds and rend for arms warriors.

Makes much more sense for a warrior tactician to slice an vein and have the target bleed slowly to death, than it does for arms to have bladestorm. Bladestorm litterally has fury written all over it.
    but that was a sidetrack.

Arms has always been either crap or horrid to play. And right now its good, well it was good, but its horrid to play. Now i don't mind the way it plays, but it sure as hell isn't innovative and dynamic fun gameplay. You have 4 buttons and a bandaid artifact ability to help the RNG along.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The warrior legendaries are a good example of why legiondaries are a cancer
    No. The class design is why the impact of legendaries seem imbalanced. If the specs themselves were smoothed out it would be easier to make the legendary items not so revolutionizing to the spec. Ex: Arms is a train wreck, but when you have at least the MS gloves it's great, and the Execute ring just tops it off.

But until you have the gloves it feels like clunky ass.