Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Actually, yes they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Hmm my misunderstanding of the mod powers then.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I'll open threads late of a night and respond and then realize about 10 minutes later it was a familiar topic. Even though I'm a mod, best I can do is just report it and let the mods in charge of the forum know and they'll tidy it all up.

Same goes for everyone else, just hit the report button and if you have the other thread's link makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    And ..why did a mod post in this and didn't close/move this crap to the megathread?

And you don't know any other mods that can help with this?
    And you had to go and post in it even though you know it's going to be closed?
    Ehh? wth?

The legacy crap has been going on for ages in here. Don't tell me this is new to you?
    Aren't you essentially doing the same thing? Also, see response above.

Millions of people are going to vote for Trump and you say 270k people can't be wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even seen people discuss it anymore, lol. Legion is miles ahead of pretty much any other expansion so far, which is probably why.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Millions of people are going to vote for Trump and you say 270k people can't be wrong?
    what about the teenagers that think Justin Bieber is the best singer in the world? they're a lot apparently

Deleted
    273,859 people can be wrong, just as one person can be wrong; the matter if something is true or false is completely independent of group size, especially if the only people you include in the sample are yay-sayers. Let me provide you with some examples; the shape of the earth, political ideals, religion, which class is the most OP atm, legacy servers.

I have no doubt that a lot of people would play it, but I think it would struggle to hold peoples interest long term. People complain about a lack of content, then ask for a game with no content updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffmon View Post
    There is no excuse on Blizzards side for not bringing these types of servers online.
    Implying that they would need an excuse.

Deleted
    legacy servers will be ghost town after few months. If they ever do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Actual topic aside, your premise is faulty to begin with. A lot more than 300,000 Germans supported Hitler. A lot more than 300,000 people support Trump /duck A large group of people believe immunizing children causes autism. I could go on for days, but the end point is just because there is a group of people that think a certain way, doesn't make them automatically right.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at some people that are bashing the mod, seriously report the topic and move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffmon View Post
    I know this issue has been addressed but it is far from solved. There are thousands of loyal players still waiting to dive back into the game that we loved and grew up playing. If Blizzard doesn't announce anything meaningful about Legacy server at Blizzcon it will be their biggest wasted opportunity so far. Strike when the iron is hot (because it damn sure ain't getting any hotter then now...) Content updates every 2 years will not build a long lasting community. Gameplay that fizzles out in a couple of months dose not make a legendary game. An end raid boss that gets killed in less then a day will not challenge players and help motivate them to attempt killing it. There is no excuse on Blizzards side for not bringing these types of servers online. They have the money, manpower and palyerbase that will be glad to enjoy it.

Help reignite the passion of hardcore World of Warcraft players by spreading the word.
    Content updates every 2 years will not build a long lasting community - yea,and a legacy server with no addition of content and Naxxramas as a peak will last forever,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    What does trump have to do with anything?

Its like saying those who prefer pepsi must be wrong cause 60 percent prefer Coca Cola

/edit i hate trump and i hope he loses badly but this has nothing to do with this arguement

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Blizzard is a business, and one that's notoriously money hungry.
    FFS they sell basic services like server transfers for MORE than the cost of a monthly subscription.

If legacy servers were truly profitable, Blizzard would have been the first ones to hop on that train.
    I'm sorry to tell you, but legacy servers are never going to happen. Either get over it and find a way to enjoy the current game, or quit and move on with your life.
    Money hungry? The same Blizzard who has given away expansions to people is money hungry? How about no.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    So because there are a billion idiots, they stop being idiots? That's... Uhm... A rather "special" kind of logic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

273,859 people can be wrong, but more importantly they can be unprofitable.

It's not an easy or cheap task to create, maintain and offer support for those servers, for all languages and regions, which is the way Blizzard does things.

They're also likely not to last a long time, as they would be a permanent state of content drought, and we know people leave after a month or two of that.

It's simply not a good investment. They'd be an expensive and risky PR stunt that could easily backfire, and a waste of development time.

The kid wants to stick his fingers in the electrical outlet and the parent has to be the bad guy and say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    273,859 people can be wrong, but more importantly they can be unprofitable.

It's not an easy or cheap task to create, maintain and offer support for those servers, for all languages and regions, which is the way Blizzard does things.
    How ever did they manage it when they was just a two bit company back in 2004 how did they find the billions to run there servers? It must cost trillions to run 4 legacy servers now what with inflation!

Those who was running private servers those must've cost zillions to run!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Money hungry? The same Blizzard who has given away expansions to people is money hungry? How about no.
    You mean giving away old expansions after the new one has been released? The only reason they do that, is so that a potential new player doesn't get deterred by having to purchase the base game, plus 6 expansions. The chances of having a new customer by ALL of those expansions are slim. They'd make more money by including the previous expansion in the base game. Which is what they do.

On top of that, they won't even refund your preorder if you also opt to purchase a physical CE. They just give you a key to give away, and keep the money. More money for Blizzard.

Instead of banning gold sellers and traders, they opted to sell gold through tokens. Earning them even more money, and killing off gold sellers.

There are quite a few ways that blizzard chooses to generate extra income because they are definitely money hungry, and that's just a fact. Not that I'm blaming/bashing them for it, as they are a company and that is their ultimate goal. It's just silly to say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post

Its like saying those who prefer pepsi must be wrong cause 60 percent prefer Coca Cola

/edit i hate trump and i hope he loses badly but this has nothing to do with this arguement
    the fact that trillions of people can choose a wrong choice goes directly against OPs argument that a certain number of people have choosen this therefore it must be right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post

It's a counterpoint to a faulty argument

"X people believe this, it must be right"