Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    the fact that trillions of people can choose a wrong choice goes directly against OPs argument that a certain number of people have choosen this therefore it must be right
    The customer is never wrong that is the mantra any company with any sense goes by

The US election though is just which chimp will cause the least damage but thats for another thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Aren't you essentially doing the same thing? Also, see response above.
    I'm not a mod. You are.

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    How ever did they manage it when they was just a two bit company back in 2004 how did they find the billions to run there servers? It must cost trillions to run 4 legacy servers now what with inflation!
    Because it was WoW, it wasn't a separate, massively less popular, version of it.

Think of it as launching a completely new MMO with a target playerbase of 500k~ at most. True, most of the development is already done, but the servers and the player support isn't there.

Now think of how long it would take for 500k subscribers (obviously this wouldn't be free or part of the current WoW subscription) to cover the costs.

Now calculate how many of those 500k would stay long enough for that to happen.

Now think of every other more likely scenario in which you lose a ton of money because you listened to people who have no idea of how to run a company or develop a game.

Would YOU risk your money like that? Didn't think so.

Deleted
    The customer is never wrong that is the mantra any company with any sense goes by

The US election though is just which chimp will cause the least damage but thats for another thread!
    lol no, the customer is NOT always right, this would be true if we would imply that the customer CAN'T be a dishonest dick under any circumnstance

273,859 people including me asked for volunteer legacy servers. They answered it's literally impossible without damaging blizzard's rights. Done and done.

You want legacy servers ran by blizz? Create another petition, I'm not gonna sign that one. So please stop spreading misinformation.

At this point i want them to introduce legacy servers, just to watch them crash and burn, because in no way people will pay money for 12 year old content. They play on pirate servers because they're free.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    At this point i want them to introduce legacy servers, just to watch them crash and burn, because in no way people will pay money for 12 year old content. They play on pirate servers because they're free.
    Sometimes I wonder if some people at Blizzard are considering that too, but a failure is a failure, and there's a PR backlash attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Would YOU risk your money like that? Didn't think so.
    Risk money? There are those who can run these servers for next to nothing how much risk could blizz possibly take?

Lets be real WoW is in its twilight years and soon blizz will put the game to bed and then milk it for all its worth when they say no more xpacs. Why not milk nostalgia now why let private servers run when you can open a few servers which iam sure Chris metzens lunch money prolly costs more?.

To make legacy servers Blizzard would need if they can make any profit or even even out of it. Sure they could try polling. But question wouldn't be do you want Legacy Servers but Would you pay full price for legacy game and 15$ month for playing on them? And then they would need reasonable amount of people to do it like few 100k's And only then they might consider and even then it might be slim. And I am pretty sure none who wants legacy WoW wan't to pay for it.

They destroyed some of the assets required to run vanilla servers up to their standards. They would have to rebuild parts of the game.
    Besides that...they would have to pay for testing and bug fixes for a game less than 500k people would play.

They might put up vanilla servers and introduce a prestige system (so that people can't complain about lack of content) but we shouldn't pretend something like that is easy.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Money hungry? The same Blizzard who has given away expansions to people is money hungry? How about no.
    $25 for server transfer that other games offer for free or in bulk.
    $30 for faction transfer. $55 for server and faction transfer.
    $25 for mounts. $25 for game token to sell for gold. $10 for A PET!

They give away expansions because it's profitable in the long run to do so, because it makes it easier for NEW PAYING customers to get into the game. Forcing new customers to pay for the base price of the game, the subscription cost, and 6 expansions is a great way to turn them away from your product.

They're absolutely money hungry, to disagree is nothing short of ludicrous. Apply some critical thinking for once.

273,859 people alive right now don't believe Dinosaurs existed, 273,859 people alive right now think the earth is ~2,000 years old, 273,859 people alive right now think the earth is flat...

273,859 people can be wrong...

"273,859"? Is that all? That's freaking nothing compared to the players playing Legion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    $25 for server transfer that other games offer for free or in bulk.
    Then re-roll a character and level for free? Heirlooms are Account Wide, and getting to 110 takes less than a week. Less than a week to get into Mythic+ Groups too.

$30 for faction transfer. $55 for server and faction transfer.
    See above

$25 for mounts. $25 for game token to sell for gold. $10 for A PET!
    Don't buy them then?

That is not a whole lot of players in the grand scheme of things, especially if we consider that this number is not going to get much higher - Legacy servers have little potential for growth.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    That is not a whole lot of players in the grand scheme of things, especially if we consider that this number is not going to get much higher - Legacy servers have little potential for growth.
    Neither does WoW as a whole i mean we are going into the realms of VR now how long can a game with graphics that might look good on a ps2 carry on?

Nostalgia is all the rage and trust me blizz WILL milk that cow when the time comes

Deleted
    the other 8 billion thinks your 273k are just a bunch of scrubs clinging to the past.

Risk money? There are those who can run these servers for next to nothing how much risk could blizz possibly take?
    Customer support, let's say... no less than 50 people.

Localization, that would be about, what, 20 people? Could probably use some from the existing team, but still.

Tech support, the guys who monitor the servers and run the maintenance every week, 10-20 people.

A few programmers and designers who would have to create the "perfect legacy" version of vanilla WoW, and fix some of the most gamebreaking bugs.

Plus work hours for people who already work there but would have to spend time on this instead of any of the other, more profitable projects, such as web designers and community managers.

Did Nostralius have any of that? Of course not, they weren't running a company with any sort of quality standard.

Neither does WoW as a whole i mean we are going into the realms of VR now how long can a game with graphics that might look good on a ps2 carry on?

Nostalgia is all the rage and trust me blizz WILL milk that cow when the time comes
    single most popular MMO by far has no room for growth.

k.

273,859 people can most certainly be wrong. Especially when that number is a made up, fictional number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.