Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Customer support, let's say... no less than 50 people.

Localization, that would be about, what, 20 people? Could probably use some from the

Tech support, the guys who monitor the servers and run the maintenance every week, 10-20 people.

A few programmers and designers who would have to create the "perfect legacy" version of vanilla WoW, and fix some of the most gamebreaking bugs.

Plus work hours for people who already work there but would have to spend time on this instead of any of the other projects, such as web designers and community managers.

Did Nostralius have any of that? Of course not, they weren't running a company with any sort of quality standard.
    Its almost like those guys cant multitask you know 'oh we only deal with starcraft now we totally forgot how to run a wow servers' SMH

I know a mechanic that still knows how to fix a old ford even though he mainly deals with modern cars!

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    Neither does WoW as a whole i mean we are going into the realms of VR now how long can a game with graphics that might look good on a ps2 carry on?
    What's that got to do with it at all? VR / AR has been around for years now, and while the hardware and technology gets better, are you seriously suggesting that WoW is going to die because the graphics aren't top-end?

That's got to be without doubt the stupidest reason I've ever heard for the death of WoW ...

WoW will die because the people playing it will get bored, and move on. There is only so much Blizzard can do with WoW, and while I believe genuinely there is another ~8 years in WoW before all the great ideas, concepts and designs are exhausted, WoW isn't going to collapse overnight. It'd be a very long, slow drain and then eventually they'll just go Free to Play, loads of people will come back, and the game will go on for another ~10 years after that, and then Blizzard will shut it down.

That's at least (in my view) another ~18 years of WoW, and you think it'll die because of Graphics? You know Engines can be improved upon? Have you seen the game now, compared to Classic? You know not everyone wants to play on CoD / Battlefield art style and HD games? I love the aesthetic of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    single most popular MMO by far has no room for growth.

k.
    unless they grow beyond what they have been giving us for the last 6 years

I want VR wow i want graphics that blow my balls off that is how WoW will grow not just give us what we have seen since BC!

7+ Year Old Account
    stick to the god damn megathread ffs.
    that's for what its for.

Formerly known as Arafal

Its almost like those guys cant multitask you know 'oh we only deal with starcraft now we totally forgot how to run a wow servers' SMH

I know a mechanic that still knows how to fix a old ford even though he mainly deals with modern cars!
    its almost like those people expect to be paid too

- - - Updated - - -

unless they grow beyond what they have been giving us for the last 6 years

I want VR wow i want graphics that blow my balls off that is how WoW will grow not just give us what we have seen since BC!
    ah yes, the game that has been growing for the last 6 years now has no growth potential

GOT IT

LOL

Neither does WoW as a whole i mean we are going into the realms of VR now how long can a game with graphics that might look good on a ps2 carry on?

Nostalgia is all the rage and trust me blizz WILL milk that cow when the time comes
    I do trust you bro (?) but by all estimates WoW will continue to stay afloat as long as Blizzard continues to make content for the game.

And they have all sorts of interesting bits of data (such as Timewalking participation) to help make decisions when it comes to the nostalgia crowd... and I don't think that Timewalking is working out all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What's that got to do with it at all? VR / AR has been around for years now, and while the hardware and technology gets better, are you seriously suggesting that WoW is going to die because the graphics aren't top-end?

That's got to be without doubt the stupidest reason I've ever heard for the death of WoW ...

WoW will die because the people playing it will get bored, and move on. There is only so much Blizzard can do with WoW, and while I believe genuinely there is another ~8 years in WoW before all the great ideas, concepts and designs are exhausted, WoW isn't going to collapse overnight. It'd be a very long, slow drain and then eventually they'll just go Free to Play, loads of people will come back, and the game will go on for another ~10 years after that, and then Blizzard will shut it down.

That's at least (in my view) another ~18 years of WoW, and you think it'll die because of Graphics? You know Engines can be improved upon? Have you seen the game now, compared to Classic? You know not everyone wants to play on CoD / Battlefield art style and HD games? I love the aesthetic of WoW.
    Customer loyalty is what keeps wow going not new customers

I tried to get some of my friends a few months back intrested in wow and they thought it was something from last decade and wasnt interested talk about growth!

Oh, developers can multitask, but one, it's less efficient than having a separate team, and two, it's work hours spent on a project that is not nearly as popular or profitable as the other. That's why you usually hire new, less experienced, cheaper people for these things.

But of course, people at Blizzard are lazy and they don't work their whole shift every day, surely they have a lot of spare time to make this happen for free.

its almost like those people expect to be paid too

- - - Updated - - -

ah yes, the game that has been growing for the last 6 years now has no growth potential

GOT IT

LOL
    What like those nost guys who wasnt getting paid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Oh, developers can multitask, but one, it's less efficient than having a separate team, and two, it's work hours spent on a project that is not nearly as popular or profitable as the other. That's why you usually hire new, less experienced, cheaper people for these things.

But of course, people at Blizzard are lazy and they don't work their whole shift every day, surely they have a lot of spare time to make this happen for free.
    Billion dollar company that was put to shame by a bunch of amateurs who they shut down? Please!

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this right. A tiny minority of 273k people wants Vanilla and Blizzard "has" to cater to them. I don't get it. Just because you like green oranges doesn't mean we have to make them green.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Just play on one of the several hundred private servers out there that are going strong. No one in their right mind thought blizz would make legacies this close to legion release, give it a year or so when things are back to wod levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Billion dollar company that was put to shame by a bunch of amateurs who they shut down? Please!
    well blizzard, youve heard the argument

work for free or other people will shame you

/waits for new servers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I haven't even seen people discuss it anymore
    you dont see them because we have a megathread for this.

Formerly known as Arafal

well blizzard, youve heard the argument

work for free or other people will shame you

/waits for new servers
    Who said they shouldnt charge for the services

As a quote from godfather 'After all we are not communists'

Charge them for it and let the market decide

Who said they shouldnt charge for the services

As a quote from godfather 'After all we are not communists'

Charge them for it and let the market decide
    the market already has decided.

Well 273,859 people can be wrong.

the market already has decided.
    Did it ? cause i dont see anywhere i can buy to play on a vanilla server

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what kind of PR a company of Blizzards size would get for making employees work for free on a service they give to people. Sure would be awesome to see. You're insanely delusional and have no clue whatsoever of how the "real world" works.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "273,859 people can't be wrong."

Well yeah, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffmon View Post
    I know this issue has been addressed but it is far from solved. There are thousands of loyal players still waiting to dive back into the game that we loved and grew up playing. If Blizzard doesn't announce anything meaningful about Legacy server at Blizzcon it will be their biggest wasted opportunity so far. Strike when the iron is hot (because it damn sure ain't getting any hotter then now...) Content updates every 2 years will not build a long lasting community. Gameplay that fizzles out in a couple of months dose not make a legendary game. An end raid boss that gets killed in less then a day will not challenge players and help motivate them to attempt killing it. There is no excuse on Blizzards side for not bringing these types of servers online. They have the money, manpower and palyerbase that will be glad to enjoy it.

Help reignite the passion of hardcore World of Warcraft players by spreading the word.
    And in the end, you'll end up with maybe 2000 players. Thats why you don't have legacy servers yet. It's not fun in the long run.
    Deal with it.