Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffmon View Post
    I know this issue has been addressed but it is far from solved. There are thousands of loyal players still waiting to dive back into the game that we loved and grew up playing. If Blizzard doesn't announce anything meaningful about Legacy server at Blizzcon it will be their biggest wasted opportunity so far. Strike when the iron is hot (because it damn sure ain't getting any hotter then now...) Content updates every 2 years will not build a long lasting community. Gameplay that fizzles out in a couple of months dose not make a legendary game. An end raid boss that gets killed in less then a day will not challenge players and help motivate them to attempt killing it. There is no excuse on Blizzards side for not bringing these types of servers online. They have the money, manpower and palyerbase that will be glad to enjoy it.

Help reignite the passion of hardcore World of Warcraft players by spreading the word.
    First of all the amount of people agreeing with something isn't evidence of them beeing right at all. I really think the active amount of players on an offical Blizzard vanilla realm will be way below what some people are suggesting, and Blizzard probably knows this. Nostalrius kind of went "viral" at some point and so the numbers peaked. Generally after the initial nostalgic buzz is gone people just lose interest.
    Last edited by makketota; 2016-10-22 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you have shifted from the thread having 2 million hits that are more than likely not unique to another argument now?
    Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Oh we are gonna have a game of splinting hairs and semantics now!

Also "Hardcore". Fucking vanilla was not hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/0...r-classic-wow/

gee look at all those people who aint interested in a legacy server but at least your opinion must mean we who want something cant have and btw if iam boring you it must mean you lost the arguement!
    Oh gee wow they shut down a private server with people leeching off some of the glory years of WoW on a FREE server. What is your fucking point exactly? Does it mean all those people would pay Blizzard money to play Legacy? No? Didn't think so.

Does it mean all those people would leave their private servers to migrate to Blizzard and PAY for what they can get for free? No? Didn't think so.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? Oh we are gonna have a game of splinting hairs and semantics now!
    Not really. You made a claim that the interest was extreme from 2 million hits on the Nost thread. Suddenly when someone argued with you then your stance was suddenly switched. Prove to me that it is 2 million unique hits and 31k unique replies and fair enough. Oh wait you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    It's not about that it's about so many dumb people throwing around dumb ideas with dumb reasons/arguments. The only somewhat reasonable argument i've seen so far is Farron69s. If Blizzard could find a way to get people back to the game by including Vanilla servers in the original sub they might gain some new customers to the actual game that most of them will switch to in a few months anyway. But it's a huge fucking gamble and the cost of making/maintaining a Vanilla server without any kind of reassurance of people actually renewing the subscription is probably still not worth it.
    What is your evidence for saying that?

Also "Hardcore". Fucking vanilla was not hardcore.
    Hardcore, one of those favorite buzzwords tossed around that lost meaning long ago. It is like the buzzword 'easy' people love to use when describing anything that may or may not require some skill to do.

Deleted
    Millions can be wrong, look at Brexit/Colombia and Trump polling numbers.

I like to strike when the iron is cold. Actually, its more challenging and exciting.

So much hate.

In the meantime, we are having fun playing Vanilla while you are having fun posting at the forums because Legion isn't worth playing.

Have fun posting.

Original at 3440X1440.

P.S.: Ask yourself what was the last time you saw more than 10 players together anywhere in the game.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Because nobody has brought it up in such a matter before. You only ever heard a question or two at Blizzcon and that was it, nobody really sat down to talk about it.
    So you're wrong.
    So you KNOW it hasn't been discussed by Blizzard? You know they haven't sat down to talk about it? K. Must be fucking AMAZING to live in that special world you are in. So fucking wrong it hurts. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    So much hate.

In the meantime, we are having fun playing Vanilla while you are having fun posting at the forums because Legion isn't worth playing.

Have fun posting.

Original at 3440X1440.

P.S.: Ask yourself what was the last time you saw more than 10 players together anywhere in the game.
    Uhm everyday in the world and in cities?

Not really. You made a claim that the interest was extreme from 2 million hits on the Nost thread. Suddenly when someone argued with you then your stance was suddenly switched.
    How so? OH i know this debating tactic lets not discuss the issues lets just discuss semantics i couldve linked that earlier so that must mean i lose the aruguement.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm everyday?
    How would you know

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Oh look that useless picture of people standing around waiting on a buff.

Gee when was the last time I saw more than 10 people anywhere? Class hall, world boss, world quests with elites, PvP, main cities. I could go on but we don't really need to debate this again do we cupcake?

Uhm everyday?
    Please understand, he hasn't played the actual game since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    First of all the amount of people agreeing with something isn't evidence of them beeing right at all. I really think the active amount of players on an offical Blizzard vanilla realm will be way below what some people are suggesting, and Blizzard probably knows this. Nostalrius kind of went "viral" at some point and so the numbers peaked, then after the initial nostalgic buzz is gone people just lose interest.
    The initial rush of players are probably going to exceed one million, but I think it is going to drop quite fast. But I could definitely see 100-200k active classic players.
    And just the roleplayers alone are enough to keep classic realms a good investment. And that community sure wants the old world back, the old Stormwind Park is one of the greatest places ever made in WoW and it was also the most popular RP spot which has been shifted to the Cathedral now.

What is your evidence for saying that?
    Logic. Blizzard and their management isnt dumb, if there was a so obviously easy way to gain new customers i'm sure it would have been done already. If you look at it objectively it's simply just a huge gamble.

How so? OH i know this debating tactic lets not discuss the issues lets just discuss semantics i couldve linked that earlier so that must mean i lose the aruguement.

- - - Updated - - -

How would you know
    Because I still log in with what game time I have and see people in the world and cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Please understand, he hasn't played the actual game since vanilla.
    Oh that is right. Whoops, our bad!

Deleted
    It's not going to happen.