Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Insignia of Ravenholdt

Hey all!

Just got my first legendary drop today and I rolled the Insignia. I was wondering if there were any resources available pertaining to legendaries and how they operate within each spec. Such as in what spec they are most effective, talent choices to accommodate, etc etc. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks, and happy hunting.

Deleted
    I can't give you any sources but I know Insignia of Ravenholdt works best with Outlaw, it's the BiS Ring. I think it's also pretty decent in Assass and not so good for sub except for the high Ilvl on it.

So there you have it. I've got one legendary and I got so sad when I found out that I didn't get that one. It's a huge dps increase for any outlaw rogue.

ugh, that's a bummer. I was really pushing to move away from the spec and onto Assassination or Sub. I've been running a few things with it as Assassination and it still puts out pretty good numbers, though. But, Outlaw definitely uses more CP generators outside of their artifact ability. Guess I've gotta do some playtesting! ><

Quote Originally Posted by Shankslol View Post
    I can't give you any sources but I know Insignia of Ravenholdt works best with Outlaw, it's the BiS Ring. I think it's also pretty decent in Assass and not so good for sub except for the high Ilvl on it.

So there you have it. I've got one legendary and I got so sad when I found out that I didn't get that one. It's a huge dps increase for any outlaw rogue.
    No it's not, having played as all 3 specs with the ring, it is the lowest total % of my damage as outlaw, sitting between 4 and 5%, as assasination it's usually around 9-10%, sub it goes to about 11-12%, it is actually fairly bad for outlaw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    No it's not, having played as all 3 specs with the ring, it is the lowest total % of my damage as outlaw, sitting between 4 and 5%, as assasination it's usually around 9-10%, sub it goes to about 11-12%, it is actually fairly bad for outlaw.
    DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY. Insignia is the best legendary for outlaw and second best legendary for both assassin and sub. Proof:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XxQKvU/preview

Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreek View Post
    DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY. Insignia is the best legendary for outlaw and second best legendary for both assassin and sub. Proof:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...XxQKvU/preview
    Let's just tunnel vision guides without actually reading what other people say, even if the guides are horribly outdated, insignia isn't bad for outlaw, that was not what I was implying, however I believe there are better legendaries for outlaw available. Insignia is far better for the other two specs than it is for outlaw.

Evidence: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

My insignia damage
    Last edited by fcc; 2016-10-22 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skurtis View Post
    Hey all!

Just got my first legendary drop today and I rolled the Insignia. I was wondering if there were any resources available pertaining to legendaries and how they operate within each spec. Such as in what spec they are most effective, talent choices to accommodate, etc etc. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks, and happy hunting.
    Insignia is probably one of the best cross-spec legendaries. It adds a good bit of DPS in cleave/AoE situations, so it's mostly useful for that, regardless of spec tbh.

I don't think you really need to build around it much, it just makes your CP builders do 30% more damage as cleave damage. I don't think it changes anything to your rotation really. Outlaw always uses saber slash regardless; Assass and outlaw switch to FoK/SS at 3-4+ targets, but I'm not sure how the insignia interacts with that, but i think you'll want to keep using those anyway as they give you more CP at 3+ targets.

Same for spec choices really, there isn't really a significant impact. Just enjoy having one of the better options available, especially for M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankslol View Post

it's fantastic for sub what are you talking about?
    shadowstrike hits harder than saber slash
    the only reason it's not BiS for sub is because the boots are insane, other than that it's a fantastic item for all 3 specs

just because it's bis for 1 spec doesnt mean it doesnt give more dps for another
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-22 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    it's fantastic for sub what are you talking about?
    shadowstrike hits harder than saber slash
    the only reason it's not BiS for sub is because the boots are insane, other than that it's a fantastic item for all 3 specs
    This^, can you clueless plebs go away, It's Sub>Sin>Outlaw

Its a solid ring no matter what specc you are. Unless you have more than 2 legendaries , you will always have the ring equipped.

It's not the best for any spec but it's decent for all of them so certainly not a bad drop at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    Its a solid ring no matter what specc you are. Unless you have more than 2 legendaries , you will always have the ring equipped.
    This. Until you have to choose, you won't not equip it.
    @Skurtis: the ring is good for any spec, but since the chance to obtaina specific legendary is small, very small, rto my knowledge noone has made the effort to write such a guide.

If you're truly interested, have you tried simming your character with different talent setups? at least in simcraft it's easy and quick to do.
    for askmrrobot, you would have to summon zoopercat.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2016-10-22 at 01:33 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke42 View Post
    well you can equip 3 if you have the ring atm so yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    People can't read tooltips?

Your attacks that generate combo points deal 15% extra damage as shadow to all targets in front of you (in a nutshell).

I wonder what 15% of a Saber Slash Vs Shadowstrike is?

Basic logic - you don't need a guide to work out which spec it is better for.

Amazing to assassination, know why?

AFAIK, from assassination, only Mutilate causes it to proc, BUT:

- It comes off each hand individually
    - Can crit again ( if Muti has critted, this proc has also a chance to crit, though I noticed it's quite low @_@" )

As a pure DPS that is expected to swap specs often (pretty common for rogues and warlocks, not so much with mage and hunter) and given how uncertain spec balance is this days, a legendary that will work for any spec and is considered one of the top 3 legendaries for any of our specs is in my opinion the best drop someone could get.

So is the best rogue legendary you can get even if it's not the best legendary for any of the specs.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well you can equip 3 if you have the ring atm so yeah
    what? you can't equip 3 legion legendaries or am i missing something?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    what? you can't equip 3 legion legendaries or am i missing something?
    rings are bugged and dont count in the "unique 2" thing atm so you can even equip 4 if you got the 2 rings

well, too bad, i dont have 4 legendaries.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Amazing to assassination, know why?

AFAIK, from assassination, only Mutilate causes it to proc, BUT:

- It comes off each hand individually
    - Can crit again ( if Muti has critted, this proc has also a chance to crit, though I noticed it's quite low @_@" )
    i wonder if the 7.1 change (Kingsbane now generates 1 combo point.) [ source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...R-Build-22578]
    will also work with the ring since it says "Your attacks that generate combo points" would be a nice buff i guess