Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Welcome to modern WoW, where everything casuals might benefit from has to be weighed against how many of the 'loyal' tryhards would spit their dummies out and immediately ragequit the game in protest.

Makes me wonder why Blizzard even bother appeasing those children.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Blizzard sycophants are so damn weird. Finding anyway to dismiss anyone with literally any complaint.
    It's never been about "defending" Blizzard to me. Many people, including me, are tired of the constant WHINE of "grown ups" who can't fathom waiting for something. I don't defend the idea of gating, i simply dislike the enormous amount of crybabies on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Welcome to modern WoW, where everything casuals might benefit from has to be weighed against how many of the 'loyal' tryhards would spit their dummies out and immediately ragequit the game in protest.

Makes me wonder why Blizzard even bother appeasing those children.
    Are you serious right now? Do you not realize that you sound like a baby that just lost his candy yourself? No better than the so called "tryhards" that are supposedly taking the candy away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Seem to be a challenge if people can't wait for it. The whole in whole is as well, you obviously aren't meant to fill your whole plate at the buffet at the same time. They want and wish to extent it so that people maybe like you, won't have a fit about 'no more content' topics and such.
    The problem is that the time gate also gates rewards that people have already earned according to the criteria listed in the artifact forge. That's not even extending content, it's just dumb. Needing to unlock the leftmost version of an artifact skin works for the other appearances because they happen in that order naturally, but that isn't the case for the Balance of Power row. It's just an issue with how Blizzard set up the unlocking of the appearances.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2016-10-22 at 11:44 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    It's never been about "defending" Blizzard to me. Many people, including me, are tired of the constant WHINE of "grown ups" who can't fathom waiting for something. I don't defend the idea of gating, i simply dislike the enormous amount of crybabies on the internet.

Are you serious right now? Do you not realize that you sound like a baby that just lost his candy yourself? No better than the so called "tryhards" that are supposedly taking the candy away from you.
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe the crying was in your head? Like, every time someone makes a reasonable complaint or suggestion, you perceive it as crying, even if the tone is neutral and it's justified?

Maybe you're the one who is irritable and hateful?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The problem is that the time gate also gates rewards that people have already earned according to the criteria listed in the artifact forge. That's not even extending content, it's just dumb.
    What's actually dumb is expecting you to get the actual artifact appearance from unlocking a colour of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Its the great american way of looking at stuff. You maybe don't know why you want or need it, but you know you want it NOW!
    Why is nation bashing consistently allowed on this forum?

Ironically you have no idea what the OP is actually talking about, good job making yourself look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe the crying was in your head? Like, every time someone makes a reasonable complaint or suggestion, you perceive it as crying, even if the tone is neutral and it's justified?

Maybe you're the one who is irritable and hateful?
    But i don't see any reasonable arguments in this thread. It's all "timegating sux" and "i did this now i want this". People want everything without doing anything, to me that's childish and whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    Right, but for all the appearances you listed, the colour variations are unlocked after the base skins.
    For the BoP skin, all the colour variations are unlocked before the base skin.
    Follow?
    Now whilst I do agree that this is a silly gating and if you have completed the requirement , you should get it right there and then. With that being said - perhaps Blizzard didn't expect players to complete those achievements until Nighthold is out?
    - I know for a fact MOST people won't be doing +15 any time soon
    - monstrosities is at least 8 weeks time gated , but as seen with Withered Jim can take substantially longer
    - Legion Dungeon Hero I have no idea, but I'm assuming it's at least a bit challenging too

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

What's actually dumb is expecting you to get the actual artifact appearance from unlocking a colour of it.
    Except it doesn't say that anywhere in the artifact forge. And even "appearance" could just mean a color if you're referring to the achievement. The system is set up in a dumb way which works for all the other skins, but not for Balance of Power. There's absolutely no good reason to require the left hand color of a skin before being able to use the others, other than laziness on Blizzard's end.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Why is nation bashing consistently allowed on this forum?

Ironically you have no idea what the OP is actually talking about, good job making yourself look foolish.
    Is it nation bashing to say that the consumerism culture in the US is a bit materialistic and people want needless stuff for no reason? If it was completely out there, probably. But it's not like there's nothing like some insane consumer culture going on in the west as a whole.
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-10-22 at 11:49 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close. I don't give a shit about the weapon appearances; I'm just annoyed Blizzard are trying to--yet again--fuck with LFR to satisfy the screaming, shit-covered idiots who constantly hate on it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Now whilst I do agree that this is a silly gating and if you have completed the requirement , you should get it right there and then. With that being said - perhaps Blizzard didn't expect players to complete those achievements until Nighthold is out?
    - I know for a fact MOST people won't be doing +15 any time soon
    - monstrosities is at least 8 weeks time gated , but as seen with Withered Jim can take substantially longer
    - Legion Dungeon Hero I have no idea, but I'm assuming it's at least a bit challenging too
    If they don't expect most players to complete stuff already, why does Xavius mythic already grant the title? I get what you mean, but that reasoning just doesn't really work.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Except it doesn't say that anywhere in the artifact forge. And even "appearance" could just mean a color if you're referring to the achievement. The system is set up in a dumb way which works for all the other skins, but not for Balance of Power. There's absolutely no good reason to require the left hand color of a skin before being able to use the others, other than laziness on Blizzard's end.
    I read the requirements for the appearance and never did it struck me as "oh if i do this achievement i'll get the appearance". It was kinda obvious from previous appearances that it's not actually how it works.

I read the requirements for the appearance and never did it struck me as "oh if i do this achievement i'll get the appearance". It was kinda obvious from previous appearances that it's not actually how it works.
    Except the difference is that the previous appearances naturally unlock in that order(or at least the left most one unlocks first naturally), so it's not an issue at all. It's not even an issue with understanding how the unlocks work. I understand that the left most one is required. That doesn't mean that requirement is a good way of doing it or even makes sense.

Again, it's not a question of "Does it work this way?". It's a question of "Should it work this way?".
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Not even close. I don't give a shit about the weapon appearances; I'm just annoyed Blizzard are trying to--yet again--fuck with LFR to satisfy the screaming, shit-covered idiots who constantly hate on it.
    I don't think they're catering to "shit-covered idiots", i think they themselves want some parts of the game to actually require you to gather a group of people and overcome some encounters.

But i don't see any reasonable arguments in this thread. It's all "timegating sux" and "i did this now i want this". People want everything without doing anything, to me that's childish and whiny.
    The OP completed a fairly difficult feat (Mythic 15) because the artifact table told him that feat would unlock a skin for his artifact. Afterwards, it turned out that he had to complete Balance of Power too, which won't be out until next year, and in any case is on a considerably lower level of difficulty.

Apart from the false advertisement on the artifact table, the delay is also going to make his reward worth less. Mythic 15 is going to become less and less hard with ilvl increases. Right now, he could have been one of the few people on his server with that skin if it was made available to him as advertised, but after Nighthold releases, it will already become less special, since more people will be able to do it with the better gear.

I see a valid complaint. And he didn't throw a temper tantrum or threaten to quit. He said "Abit salty tbh ".

Can we agree your position isn't really justified?

Is it nation bashing to say that the consumerism culture in the US is a bit materialistic and people want needless stuff for no reason? If it was completely out there, probably. But it's not like there's nothing like some insane consumer culture going on in the west as a whole.
    When the entire point of his post was to be snide ... then yes even if it holds some truth it was still posted as a rude remark.

I don't think they're catering to "shit-covered idiots", i think they themselves want some parts of the game to actually require you to gather a group of people and overcome some encounters.
    And I am doing that. I'm using the group finder to take down a bunch of powerful enemies out in the world.
    Unfortunately, Blizzard are trying desperately to keep organised raiding relevant, so they're holding rewards earned outside of raiding hostage.

Except the difference is that the previous appearances naturally unlock in that order(or at least the left most one unlocks first naturally), so it's not an issue at all. It's not even an issue with understanding how the unlocks work. I understand that the left most one is required. That doesn't mean that requirement is a good way of doing it or even makes sense.

Again, it's not a question of "Does it work this way?". It's a question of "Should it work this way?".
    And what's your suggestion to better the system. If we say that it shouldn't work this way, in what way would you design it? So that you get appearances from achievements themselves? Or what's the deal here.

A great deal to finish m+15 for sure but let's be honest...m+15 is not meant to be completed now since it's difficulty is waaay higher and spending several hours in an instance that is supposed to be finished in a certain amount of time is destroying the achivement tbh