Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Aww thats cute, of course you are surely aware that what you are spewing is a blatantly false statement right?

Especially since the customer is always right is a fucking retarded mantra, given how many fucking idiots are alive today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Legion is waaaaay better than those crappy legacy servers could ever be , so take off your pink coloured nostalgia glasses and go play some new content, instead of going over the same shit you've been clearing for the last half of a decade

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly vanilla and TBC may have been great at the time , but now they pale in comparison
    Exactly they were good for 2004-2006, but it's 2016 and WoW has improved vastly! I still have nightmares of grinding SM for gold just to buy my lvl 40 mount

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Legion is waaaaay better than those crappy legacy servers could ever be , so take off your pink coloured nostalgia glasses and go play some new content, instead of going over the same shit you've been clearing for the last half of a decade
    heh yeah right, have you even played more than 1 character in legion?
    You are gated behind friendly-reputation and a whole lot of class campaign quests of which some are pain in the butt... and this is for EVERY CHARACTER YOU PLAY.
    Cobrak was pretty good at explaining it all in his video... its not fun to play alts in legion, not only are they a chore to get to endgame (due to the gated system) and they will also always be behind in AP on mains... and playing alts will sacrifice your mains AP-gain or legendary-rng aswell.

In vanilla there was no such thing... once your character was 60 you were ready to go, just go do dungeons and get gear and have fun... no such thing as "you have to do this questline and these zones to even be able to get started on your endgame"... also your alts werent always behind in vanilla, if they got same gear as main = they are at same level... no such crap as AP making you fall behind.
    And playing alts didnt make your main fall behind due to legendary rng-drops... there werent such world drops in vanilla, only weekly raids.

GoG.com has hundreds of old games being sold to people... why cant we have an old mmo? we should... its not like you HAVE to play on it but those people who like old games (aka gog-customers) can go play it and have fun.
    Most people in this thread who have said its bad idea or vanilla sucks + a reason are completely missing the point of having legacy servers... it doesnt matter how different it is and it doesnt matter what you think about it, there are hundreds of thousands of people who would still be playing vanilla if it was possible... some even go on private servers because its the only way. (not only that but there are remakes of good old classics being made in the gaming industry all the time... So go judge people who play those old remakes... not people who WANT to play)

If people didnt want to subscribe to play, they would be playing private servers of live wow... not a 10 year old game. So dont give that nonsense about them only playing on private because its free.
    Last edited by Otaka; 2016-10-22 at 11:46 AM.

Thank you for this completely new and refreshing take on this subject. Absolutely none of the points in this thread have been discussed in any capacity anywhere else on this forum!

Deleted
    This is a troll thread. Everyone knows that 270k people is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    You are gated behind friendly-reputation and a whole lot of class campaign quests of which some are pain in the butt... and this is for EVERY CHARACTER YOU PLAY.
    Cobrak was pretty good at explaining it all in his video... its not fun to play alts in legion, not only are they a chore to get to endgame (due to the gated system) and they will also always be behind in AP on mains... and playing alts will sacrifice your mains AP-gain or legendary-rng aswell.

In vanilla there was no such thing... once your character was 60 you were ready to go, just go do dungeons and get gear and have fun... no such thing as "you have to do this questline and these zones to even be able to get started on your endgame"... also your alts werent always behind in vanilla, if they got same gear as main = they are at same level... no such crap as AP making you fall behind.
    And playing alts didnt make your main fall behind due to legendary rng-drops... there werent such world drops in vanilla, only weekly raids.
    By the time your character was level 60 You would have had 3 alts in legion with the rep. And technically vanilla had world drops that were sought for but only epic.

Deleted

GoG.com has hundreds of old games being sold to people... why cant we have an old mmo? we should... its not like you HAVE to play on it but those people who like old games (aka gog-customers) can go play it and have fun.
    Most people in this thread who have said its bad idea or vanilla sucks + a reason are completely missing the point of having legacy servers... it doesnt matter how different it is and it doesnt matter what you think about it, there are hundreds of thousands of people who would still be playing vanilla if it was possible... some even go on private servers because its the only way. (not only that but there are remakes of good old classics being made in the gaming industry all the time... So go judge people who play those old remakes... not people who WANT to play)

If people didnt want to subscribe to play, they would be playing private servers of live wow... not a 10 year old game. So dont give that nonsense about them only playing on private because its free.
    You're aware Vanilla took months upon months to hit 60? It was also immensely more punishing on alts

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    Risk money? There are those who can run these servers for next to nothing how much risk could blizz possibly take?

Lets be real WoW is in its twilight years and soon blizz will put the game to bed and then milk it for all its worth when they say no more xpacs. Why not milk nostalgia now why let private servers run when you can open a few servers which iam sure Chris metzens lunch money prolly costs more?.
    You can't compare a private server full of bugs and pretty much zero support that start to lag if more than a couple thousand players join to retail servers that need to be designed to support over 100k players and have active GMs as support.

Tell me one private server that even comes close to a retail server in stability, support and playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by hjdgjsghj View Post
    What does trump have to do with anything?

Its like saying those who prefer pepsi must be wrong cause 60 percent prefer Coca Cola

/edit i hate trump and i hope he loses badly but this has nothing to do with this arguement
    I mean just because millions of people think someone is fit to be president, it doesn't mean that person is actually fit to be president. Same for legacy servers, just because 270,000 people think they're good, it doesn't mean they're actually good and what everyone wants.

Deleted
    Besides anything even this made up 200k people is an indication it just isn't financially worth it to maintain servers for a very very very niche group.

In vanilla there was no such thing...
    Lol this guy.

The Thorium Brotherhood says hi.
    The Cenarion Circle says hi.
    Resists gear says hi.
    Naxx attunement says hi.

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Vanilla was gated from the beginning to the very end, it was a core concept of every mmo back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    what about the teenagers that think Justin Bieber is the best singer in the world? they're a lot apparently
    There's a reason you can't vote until you're 18.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I really don't understand the obsession with a vanilla server... I can only assume they never played vanilla because it sucked in comparison to now
    I played Vanilla, and I think Vanilla is a vastly superior game to Retail. Retail can be summed up as Kung Fu Pandas, Pokemon and My Little Pawny.

You wanted the opinion of a Vanilla veteran who was old enough to remember Vanilla when it was gold, and you got it.

I still play Vanilla btw with my wife. Our guild is made up mostly out of ppl in my age group (30's-40's).

Here's a screenshot for you:

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Playing alts has never been MORE fun, BECAUSE OF the class campaigns. So speak for yourself. And of course alts will be behind mains in terms of AP, that's why they're alts. The more you play a character, the more powerful it becomes. Gasp. Completely new concept, isn't it? Oh, wait... And of course there were epic world drops in vanilla.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-10-22 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I played Vanilla, and I think Vanilla is a vastly superior game to Retail. Retail can be summed up as Kung Fu Pandas, Pokemon and My Little Pawny.

You wanted the opinion of a Vanilla veteran who was old enough to remember Vanilla when it was gold, and you got it.

I still play Vanilla btw with my wife. Our guild is made up mostly out of ppl in my age group (30's-40's).

I mean that is a fucking shit summary but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I mean that is a fucking shit summary but okay.
    Don't bother. All he does is blindly attack retail players despite not having played it himself. Go some pages back in the Nost thread from the current one and he posted the exact same thing about retail players. No actual intent to debate but rather insult.

Deleted

That doesn't really make me believe it's viable or fun....

Petitions are, to put it simple, bullshit. They can be faked.

1.) How do you know those 273,859 people are alive?
    2.) How do you know those 273,859 people are real?
    3.) How do you know those 273,859 people are unique?
    4.) How do you know those 273,859 people have actually played WoW?
    5.) How do you know those 273,859 people would actually return to WoW?
    6.) How do you know those 273,859 people aren't actually just signing it to "stick it to the man"?
    7.) How do you know those 273,859 people didn't get coerced into signing it? (I.E. A relative or friend just told them to sign it and pestered them until they did.)

There's also the fact that petitions were added to the US Constitution so we could petition the GOVERNMENT, not businesses. A business has no legal obligation to follow a petition. The game is their property. It's one thing if Blizzard were owned by the government but they're not.

People sling around petitions for stupid reasons and don't even use them correctly most of the time. They're as bad as lawsuits and people saying sorry. People don't mean sorry when they say it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That doesn't really make me believe it's viable or fun....
    Indeed sitting in a city waiting for a buff to go raid instead of being out in the world sounds awesome! Oh wait. Meanwhile the current game has me out in the world doing professions, going to dungeons, world quests and pet battles.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-22 at 12:47 PM.

I saw more ppl in one area during WOD. SO I guess WOD is just as good.....