Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i've done most reps more than once

yeah it's different characters, but i'm still the same guy sitting behind the keyboard that's tired of doing them...

at the very least all toys and most other perks should be account wide

Accountwide, just no, if you want to get self sufficient with alts by having all professions and all patterns (including the rep ones), of just get that one piece of repuatation based gear you should put in the effort to grind the reps on those alts. Else reps get totally worthless like alot of content in the game that is accountwide for alts, seeing that most rep rewards already are account bound (Toys, Pets, Mount and some cosmetic / Transmog items).

Should some stuff like attunements become accountwide? I feel that this is the best approach, this way alts can still run the dungeons that require rep without grinding the rep, and skip all rep's that has nothing for their profession. But if a rep would have actual ingame advantages (patterns / gear or for example the insane Suramar AP rewards) for a alt they would still need to grind it.
    Last edited by chronia; 2016-10-22 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    the problem with more and more stuff becoming account bound alts just become more and more a free class change to the FotM instead of an alternate character that should be an investment of time. Do you really want something like Overwatch where you can switch what your playing at a moments notice?
    As long as gear and artefact progression won't become account wide, you are not gonna switch your main that easily. It's not like reputation would hold you back on that regard (at least in Legion, only thing that slightly matters is Suramar rep, and that's gone in 7.1)

Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    As long as gear and artefact progression won't become account wide, you are not gonna switch your main that easily. It's not like reputation would hold you back on that regard (at least in Legion, only thing that slightly matters is Suramar rep, and that's gone in 7.1)
    people already complain not enough gear is BoA and that Artifact progression isn't by account. Rep goes acct wide that's just one step closer to everything being acct wide

Id love that, have all rep's but Shen'dralar exalted...never did get insane just because i was stupid to do goblin rep dm tribute grind first xd dont wanna re-do that again.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    For me it's more a gameplay issue, I have 24 alts all in legion, if rep was account wide, by the time any alt hit 110 it would make emmisary quests near useless each day, and the alternative only earn rep once per day on one character would equally mean it's useless.
    Old reps sure. Account wide, go nuts on it, current reps though IMO shouldn't be, but I'm just one voice, everyone has their own opinion
    You do WQ and Emissary for gear, AP, and resources

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Going farther with this, if for example you want to have both Scryers and Aldor patterns on a toon, you absolutely positively should have to grind both reps for each profession toon. That's how everyone has always done it, and it's how everyone should always do it in the future.

Now I have no problem with that. Good idea in fact. But on the other hand I'm getting used to grinding the Harvester enchant.
    I still love getting the legion fishing achievements from wearing the harvester enchant lol
    The harder enchants like bloods, mana, salvager, should stay character bound though
    Though I do wish the curious coin enchant that covers all possible bags, was account bound, or at least the coins
    Got enough coins, just not on the same character

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    while i see both sides, i have to air on not sharing dailys. yes i have 12 characters, and could do what you mention here, but youre now penalizing players that may only have a couple characters or even maybe one at max level. that would really really suck for them, and in a way it sucks for the high end competitive players who need to then run 12 characters a day to max out for their raiding main.

the only way to solve this is take out all incentive to do reps for rewards that matter, then who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

that might be the only way
    It's not on the way. The clear indicator of that is their answer to the rep complaints was making CoS and Arc account wide and making only friendly required for WQ. If they were making rep account wide in any form they wouldn't have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    The one problem with account bound reputation is that people with more chars will get the rep up more quickly.
    They could just put a daily lockout on the quests like they have on Blingtron. Or for non repeatable quests just take the rep gain away after a character on the account has completed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Really? I'm Exalted with 3 factions so far and the others aren't far behind and I'm not even trying. I've just been doing the normal duties. I feel like gaining rep this time around has been the easiest it has ever been. The expansion has been out for less than 2 months.
    It's taken you 2 months to get exalted with 3 factions on 1 character. Imagine doing that on alts. I have no intention on wasting 12 months just grinding rep and neither do most people. Instead people will just not bother alting and burn out before Spring and just quit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    the problem with more and more stuff becoming account bound alts just become more and more a free class change to the FotM instead of an alternate character that should be an investment of time. Do you really want something like Overwatch where you can switch what your playing at a moments notice?
    I play other characters for the different class mechanics, not to redo everything I already done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I genuinely believe Blizzard should make reputations account bound, especially with Legion being rather reputation heavy. We already have account bound toys, pets, mounts, heirlooms, transmog and achievements that I really see no reason not reputation too! Once we have slogged out the initial reputation grind on our main I don't know why we really have to on our alts too. Granted I never bothered much with reputation before Legion but since both Suramar and Class Armour is gated behind reputation it really makes me less inclined to alt knowing I have to spend over a month on each character just to fully open Suramar up. Alternative Blizzard could simply double or even triple reputation gain for alts. I genuinely believe people who alt play the longest and making that feel a chore just makes me think people will leave faster...

I can already predict the comments such as "don't be lazy" "don't alt" "you don't need them" but really is there a valid reason not to make these changes?
    Where does it stop?

Loot drops should be account bound now? XP gains should be account bound now?

It's taken you 2 months to get exalted with 3 factions on 1 character. Imagine doing that on alts. I have no intention on wasting 12 months just grinding rep and neither do most people. Instead people will just not bother alting and burn out before Spring and just quit
    I play other characters for the different class mechanics, not to redo everything I already done
    Fair enough, but you must recognise the core reason you have for wanting the changes you propose is because "You don't want to...." not because it would be better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Fair enough, but you must recognise the core reason you have for wanting the changes you propose is because "You don't want to...." not because it would be better for the game.
    Prove that it isn't better for the game ...

Deleted
    Where does it stop?

Loot drops should be account bound now? XP gains should be account bound now?

You don't think more people playing longer and on various characters would improve the game? If Legion wasn't so reputation heavy I wouldn't have suggested it but because it is it really puts you off alting because of the 110 rep grind needed for Suramar and patterns. By time my alts get to experience 7.1 content 7.2 will likely be here. Blizzard really screwed up this time with alts, if players feel punished for alting they simply won't alt, grow bored quicker and unsubscribe till next update.

As others have said there's various solutions such as double / triple the rep gain on alts once we hit revered / exalted on our main. Blizzard already gave us an Artifact catch up mechanic for alts, why not reputation too
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2016-10-22 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Prove that it isn't better for the game ...
    Why do I need to?

You don't think more people playing longer and on various characters would improve the game? If Legion wasn't so reputation heavy I wouldn't have suggested it but because it is it really puts you off alting because of the 110 rep grind needed for Suramar and patterns. By time my alts get to experience 7.1 content 7.2 will likely be here. Blizzard really screwed up this time with alts, if players feel punished for alting they simply won't alt, grow bored quicker and unsubscribe till next update.

As others have said there's various solutions such as double / triple the rep gain on alts once we hit revered / exalted on our main. Blizzard already gave us an Artifact catch up mechanic for alts, why not reputation too
    I don't know if it would or would not, my point was that your reasons were personal. Any benefit you think of for the game at large were added as an afterthought.

The reputation grind being account based is obviously to keep people grinding if they want their alts to have it. As is the quest for loot or XP hence why I felt they were equivalent to what you are asking. Helping speed it up would be a compromise I feel Blizzard would/should consider but account wide reputation wouldn't be a good move from their perspective.

I don't disagree with you btw, I skipped out on a lot of things in WOD because of the rep grind per alt, I just understand why Blizzard might not want to reduce their cash cow in what would be a drastic way.

I think a good compromise on this is to unlock rep account wide per faction, only when you hit exalted with that faction on any one character. That would alleviate a good amount of the issues with it, and ensure that you would have to at least grind it all the way once brie unlocking any rep rewards for alts.

Deleted
    Why do I need to?

I don't know if it would or would not, my point was that your reasons were personal. Any benefit you think of for the game at large were added as an afterthought.

The reputation grind being account based is obviously to keep people grinding if they want their alts to have it. As is the quest for loot or XP hence why I felt they were equivalent to what you are asking. Helping speed it up would be a compromise I feel Blizzard would/should consider but account wide reputation wouldn't be a good move from their perspective.

I don't disagree with you btw, I skipped out on a lot of things in WOD because of the rep grind per alt, I just understand why Blizzard might not want to reduce their cash cow in what would be a drastic way.
    Actually pretty much a lot of my friends feel the same as me regarding this. I feel this would increase revenue not decrease. Most people just don't have time nor want to needlessly grind multiple times, Blizzard can't really afford alienating these players when online gaming is at an all time high.

Deleted
    I'm all for account-wide reputation unlocks, and recognize there might be some issues with that idea if not kept in check.

However, I'm really enjoying the idea that when exalted with a certain faction it becomes account-wide. To me this seems like a really fair way of doing things since you are doing the repgrind fully at least once, but is still a good quality-of-life improvement.

Edit:
    As far people are concerned Blizzard would reduce their cash flow, I think there are multiple sides to that argument. You could say that having to do the rep grind over and over again would cause people to burn out faster and stop their subscription.
    Last edited by mmoc625656238e; 2016-10-22 at 12:52 PM.

Why do I need to?
    Because you're implying that it isn't better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    They could just put a daily lockout on the quests like they have on Blingtron. Or for non repeatable quests just take the rep gain away after a character on the account has completed it.
    this is very true, just make the rep gain once per account. doesnt remove incentive playing your alts either, can still get other rewards from daily but not reps...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    The one problem with account bound reputation is that people with more chars will get the rep up more quickly.
    You need some solid system here to prevent this, as it's not viable to block every daily/world quest associated with a faction when one char has done it, nor is a fixed 'only x rep per day' - system enjoyable.

Even though Legion is Rep heavy, Rep is earned very easy and quickly (imo), as you can practically do every world quest every few hours, which give a nice amount.
    However, the MoP System worked pretty well for me (Rep boost unlockable for a faction as soon as one char reches revered).

Also, the Suramar Dungeon unlocks will be accountwide next week, when 7.1 is released.
    There is a simple mathmatical algoritm code to solve this, simple add first character that is max lvl gains rep normal way second character that rep gets 20% of the rep to all account(and he gets the rep the other char had)

that means zone quest that gives huge chunk would not speedboost reputation for other characters.

so alts gets 20% rep, if you delete a character the rep he gained towards the account is lost(to remove exploits)

1 time a week you can set a character to yield the 100% rep to your account, if you change it next week on reset its changed to that specific character, that means you will not be able to switch this around like nothing. and is done via the raid reset timer.

Also characters on diffrent servers or diffrent factions i.e alliance horde wont give rep toward eachother that means lets say you have.

Ben-Shattered Hand EU
    Alf-Twisting Nether EU alf is the main on Twisting nether he gets 100% since its your only char here, his rep will not effect your characters on shattered hand even if they are from same faction.

Simple system i just solved the simple system now its just for the coders to get to work, problem here is thou the expansion is launched and for this to work you gotta have a good rep system that dont give quests that jumpstart or gain access to items you should not obtain to fast.

Thats the nidy gritty about this i think if they gonna implement it, it needs to be the foundation fo the crafting of quest and reputation milestones and how the system work for next expansion not this expansion.

Thats all i have to say about, what i will say is this, the reputation vendors have been absolute garbage this expansion and only been useful for proffesion of everything besides alchemists and toys.

There is really no items that you needed to buy you had better on you once you could buy them.

I really wish we had old system of vanilla rep(less grindy more like this system but that it rewards are impactful like they where)