The worst part about those crappy "pathfinder" quests is that they obsolete fast and become uncompletable. For example, Draenor achievement requires Revered reputation with a faction the only way to get rep with is killing elite mobs and minibosses. As no one runs those groups anymore, the entire achievement is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    But Blizz rapidly nipped it in the bud:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We've tried that quite a few times, it's really just a symptom of how the game mechanics function that most of our forays into dangerous flight just feel really bad. On one hand they feel unnecessarily harsh because there's only a few things you can really do to someone while they're flying and they generally deal with stuns/slows/dismounts, and on the other hand there's just no fun gameplay that can really be had there. The best gameplay is at ground level because that's the basis for the design of our game's combat systems. We'd toyed with mounted/flying combat in the past but that could almost be a totally separate game on its own, and probably gets us too far away from what WoW is.
    - SOURCE
    Except when they do the exact same thing in Suramar and people keep using it as an example of how good ground-only design is.

Not to mention that the part about "the best gameplay". Being HIGHLY subjective, and completely ignores the fact that players still have to land at some point. It's also out of date. There have been thousands of threads providing all manner of suggestions for ways to mitigate or solve that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

"There's no fun to be had there," is a telling sentence. They aren't even trying because they've already decided they know what fun is better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    Flight does not ruin it, it trivializes it. There is a difference. Flight makes travel more fun, but instead of facing the Scourge head on at ground level, it was far easier to whip over them, land, do what was necessary, and fly away. Hardly makes for an epic adventure. Then again, we are talking about Legion, not Wrath. If certain posters want to stay on topic, they should reference the current expansion and the effects of flight. Can't accuse me of derailing the topic and then turn right around and talk about forced PVP.
    it actually make sense you are not a peon/worker you are a seasoned hero who faced many powerful bosses it's only natural for such a figure to dive down with it's loyal dragon burn those lowly mobs with a breathe of fire and go away without caring a minute. It's already enough degrading for the Highlord/Deathlord/Achdruid/Archmage etc to be tasked of taking care of nuts and rodents no fly make it even more degrading; you shouldn't be required to even dismount to annhilate a bunch of low level demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

It's already enough degrading for the Highlord/Deathlord/Achdruid/Archmage etc to be tasked of taking care of nuts and rodents no fly make it even more degrading; you shouldn't be required to even dismount to annhilate a bunch of low level demons.
    Oh rubbish. We cant have every single action/encounter in the game be saving the world and killing Archimonde+1. That would, ironically, make saving the world feel cheaper.

You need to stop being so stupidly melodramatic and accept that you're playing a game - some things require a little suspension of disbelief - and this is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    No, just no. wtf.

So either no flying mounts or crippled mounts.
    Pathfinder 1 would unlock flight 150 speed (old flight starter speed). Ground mounts also gets a speed boost. Pathfinder 2 unlocks 300x flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    There is ZERO difference except in time spent.
    Then why'd people complain about their struggles navigating and problems with aggro, neither of which exist with flying mounts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    it actually make sense you are not a peon/worker you are a seasoned hero who faced many powerful bosses it's only natural for such a figure to dive down with it's loyal dragon burn those lowly mobs with a breathe of fire and go away without caring a minute. It's already enough degrading for the Highlord/Deathlord/Achdruid/Archmage etc to be tasked of taking care of nuts and rodents no fly make it even more degrading; you shouldn't be required to even dismount to annhilate a bunch of low level demons.
    I think what you want is something closer to WoD where you command followers to go do missions and don't have to "degrade" yourself by playing the game, or maybe an RTS would be more your style.

How or why is this thread 607 pages long?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Lots of circular arguments, misunderstanding, and miscommunication.

Also the occasional new tidbit of real Info that sparks the fire up again, or the occasional troll who kicks the anthill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Then why'd people complain about their struggles navigating and problems with aggro, neither of which exist with flying mounts?
    "struggles navigating and problems with aggro" = time spent.

i love flying but honestly i dont even really miss it in Legion so far. It's pretty easy to get around and the Legion world is pretty compact.

Deleted
    I wish they would tell us what their plan is.
    All we know is: no flying at 7.0, you can unlock part one of the achievement needed for flight in 7.0, flying will not be at the release of 7.1.
    Everyone has different things they like, some really like running around on the ground, some really like flying.
    I really like flying. It's the reason I kept playing wow years ago, in stead of going to another mmo. Soaring the skies, seeing the views, more efficient to farm herbs.
    I unsubbed for over a year after the WoD flying debacle. For the first time since 2008.
    I figured Legion would be different, we can start the rep and quest grind while leveling, we know what we have to do to get flying. But turns out we still don't know. Most have part 1 of pathfinder, and all we know it will not be in the start of 7.1. I'm starting to think they don't know for themselves when they will release it, and I already don't feel like waiting around to see when we will actually be able to fly around. Then again if I would unsub for the time we can't fly yet, I would probably not come back anymore, as I will fall behind on any new achievements they want us to get.
    I wish they would let us in on their plan for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I wish they would tell us what their plan is.
    All we know is: no flying at 7.0, you can unlock part one of the achievement needed for flight in 7.0, flying will not be at the release of 7.1.
    Everyone has different things they like, some really like running around on the ground, some really like flying.
    I really like flying. It's the reason I kept playing wow years ago, in stead of going to another mmo. Soaring the skies, seeing the views, more efficient to farm herbs.
    I unsubbed for over a year after the WoD flying debacle. For the first time since 2008.
    I figured Legion would be different, we can start the rep and quest grind while leveling, we know what we have to do to get flying. But turns out we still don't know. Most have part 1 of pathfinder, and all we know it will not be in the start of 7.1. I'm starting to think they don't know for themselves when they will release it, and I already don't feel like waiting around to see when we will actually be able to fly around. Then again if I would unsub for the time we can't fly yet, I would probably not come back anymore, as I will fall behind on any new achievements they want us to get.
    I wish they would let us in on their plan for flying.
    Greetings and I have that sinking feeling as well that the devs are just as uncertain when flying returns in Legion as us players. But it has been said I am a tin foil hat wearer so I will lay that mini rant of mine to rest for now.

I am sitting it out and if they drag it out a long time I probably don't see a reason to return either. Waiting to see how this unfolds shows that this may have a happy ending or it ends up a dumpster fire fiasco like what happened in WoD. Only time will tell IMVHO.

Just my two cents as a mere peon in the grander scheme of things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Except when they do the exact same thing in Suramar and people keep using it as an example of how good ground-only design is.

Not to mention that the part about "the best gameplay". Being HIGHLY subjective, and completely ignores the fact that players still have to land at some point. It's also out of date. There have been thousands of threads providing all manner of suggestions for ways to mitigate or solve that issue.

- - - Updated - - -

"There's no fun to be had there," is a telling sentence. They aren't even trying because they've already decided they know what fun is better than anyone else.
    Well, since it is their game, and their design plan, it should be subjective in their favor. If you designed a game, and patterned it after WoW, but allowed flight at level 1, they could say your vision was highly subjective when you say, "Flying makes the world more alive, and we feel that faster transportation at lvl 1 is important to players who just don't feel like wasting time walking." I think the big thing most pro-flight extremists gloss over is: this is how Blizzard wants their game to be and people can either love it, or leave it. Long gone are the days when they catered to the players, particularly the casuals. They tried it in Cata. Although it was one of my favorite expansions, it was hated by more than it was loved.

This is the same expac that took us from 12.5M to 6.5M players in 24 months and allowed flight at the beginning of the expac and unlocked it on Azeroth. Am I saying flight was responsible for sub loss? No. That would be lack of great content (droughts) and disjointed zones. Legion doesn't entail most of the mistakes of Cata, which is what has made it a success so far. There won't be any flying in Karazhan, and I guarantee that place will be jam packed when 7.1 drops. The lack of flight in Legion appears to be affecting a tiny percentage of the playerbase. I spend plenty of time in Trade and World chat (LFG), and have yet to hear a single person bitch and moan about the lack of flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    i love flying but honestly i dont even really miss it in Legion so far. It's pretty easy to get around and the Legion world is pretty compact.
    This is a great point. If BI were as large as Northrend, or even Pandaria, I could see the need for flight. Draenor was not huge, but big enough, and squirrely enough in a few places flight came in handy. Legion doesn't give me that need for flight, not yet at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    7 people who are unsubbed and who did not buy Legion believe that Blizzard is watching the thread and will soon see the error of their ways with flight and add it to the expac asap.

- - - Updated - - -

King Arthur was a hero, he rode a horse.
    Bilbo Baggins and his fellow adventurers were heroes, walked or rode horses.
    William Wallace, hero on a horse.
    Link was a hero, walked everywhere.
    Shrek was a reluctant hero, walked or rode a horse.

While the idea of swooping in on a Dragon and having him toast the enemy is cool, it's not what the game is about at its core. In fact, Legion (aside from the grind) feels more like Vanilla flowing into TBC than any other expac. We're getting back to the roots, the basics of WoW. We've gotten fat and lazy in the air. Gone were the times when people had to use CC or get creative in the open world. Can I take on 6 mobs and win as a bear? Sure. As a cat? Not so much. I go from rushing in as a warrior to sneaking by as a rogue. Legion makes players think, and work for it. While flight may hold some level of enjoyment, people (if they were truly honest with themselves) are pissed because Blizz has delayed the lazy factor.

Yeah from Commanders to wielders of legendaries and Blizz treats the players like crabs stuck in a bucket with no flying in Legion up to this point. Very sad and immersion breaking to break your role play character in this fashion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah from Commanders to wielders of legendaries and Blizz treats the players like crabs stuck in a bucket with no flying in Legion up to this point. Very sad and immersion breaking to break your role play character in this fashion.
    There are plenty of role players in the game who never use a mount, and even walk at the normal pace and not the auto-run. Immersion is the world around you, not the dragon you rode to get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Thank you sir, he seems not to be able to put the 2 together.

Sure for the beginning of the xpac it is fine, but once you killed all the rares (and still killing them for WQ) and collected all the treasures, I see no reason not to have flying. If Blizzard wants the game to be played the way they design it, why do they have feedback forums and such? Come now, at least try to think a bit. They just want you to spend us much time as possible with their game and not finish your dailies in 30 minutes then log off, it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside seeing people play "extended times" although it is not that they want to play that long, just because it is the only way to do it, so their warm and fuzzy feeling is only bluffing them.

I have nothing against people that dont like flying,they are more then welcome to prounce around on their ground mounts it is their choice, but let me have a choice aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Yes, but it's time spent doing something different to what you do on a flying mount, making it more than "zero difference."

Has no flying in 7.1 been confirmed? I've not been following it closely, though I assume that will be the case since there hasnt been any mention of it afaik+

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Has no flying in 7.1 been confirmed? I've not been following it closely, though I assume that will be the case since there hasnt been any mention of it afaik+
    There is no official confirmation but as far we know the second part of the achievement has not been found and the patch is to be released in the next few days. They did explicitly state that flying wasn't coming in patch 6.1 so from that point of view you do have an argument. However, they already stated "mid expansion" for this expansion, so that may be deemed satisfactory enough.

Honestly your bring up a good question and how the vagueness is confusing players. I see it all the time with the assumption that there is only a second part being a big one. I have seen some player assume legion patch finder part 1 is the bulk of it but again that is an assumption.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-10-22 at 06:31 PM.

I think Pathfinder is more likely to be 3 parts than 2. (given their quotes regarding Legion having a content train etc etc and implied more patches - maybe part 2 in 7.2 and part 3 in 7.3/4)