Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    Here's a good quote from the link: Constitutional rights were suspended, and mass searches for and seizures of guns and dissident publications ensued. Police revoked gun licenses of Social Democrats and others who were not “politically reliable.”
    What's good about the link ? Even though you'd want to believe that after 15 pages even the last poster from over the pond might have realized nothing happened because of his political stance.

What exactly were the grounds to confiscate the legally obtained weapons? It simply says he wasn't a "reliable" owner, but simply that's not enough legal reason to justify a confiscation.

OP really needs to understand law before he starts bitchin, and also understand the importance of gun ownership... maybe start looking at WW2 for a couple minutes. Gun confiscation was a major tool of the Nazi's.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...hen-p-halbrook

Here's a good quote from the link: Constitutional rights were suspended, and mass searches for and seizures of guns and dissident publications ensued. Police revoked gun licenses of Social Democrats and others who were not “politically reliable.”

Oh man, they even use the same language. Maybe he knows something you don't, OP?
    Here we go again ... it's really annoying when stupid Americans conflate the Nazi reign with gun control! Just get this: Not the whole world is obsessed with guns and "gun rights" like Americans are! You know nothing about Germany and its history! There never was a right to bear arms in this country, the reign of terror during the third Reich had nothing to do with it and we live in a free and open society now without it. So please stop with this nonsense ...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    They didn't come for his guns, because he declared himself independent of Germany, they seized them, after he failed, to meet the conditions, required, to have guns in Germany.
    Basically they did. If he is independent, german law does not apply anymore by default.

What exactly were the grounds to confiscate the legally obtained weapons? It simply says he wasn't a "reliable" owner, but simply that's not enough legal reason to justify a confiscation.

OP really needs to understand law before he starts bitchin, and also understand the importance of gun ownership... maybe start looking at WW2 for a couple minutes. Gun confiscation was a major tool of the Nazi's.

Oh man, they even use the same language. Maybe he knows something you don't, OP?
    What? Germany made it super easy for people to get guns in ww2..

Even still it's not like Jews didn't have guns, there was an uprising of thousands, but you know when you're facing an army you tend to lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Great argument among others I am sure that's the exact same some homeopathy quack would use justifying his bullshit practices.
    Strawman after strawman in this thread.

So how do you stop a crazy man in Germany from getting a gun? I don't think he became crazy after he bought those guns and so far I don't see any safeguards in place that would have stopped him. There will be now I'm sure since they are going to start investigating the other people in his crazy little group but I'm willing to bet they will just start targeting specific groups to alienate.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I concur. So does the state of Bavaria, it seems. I'm looking forward to a crackdown on these idiots.
    Wow. You really don't realize how fascist this perspective is?

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Basically they did. If he is independent, german law does not apply anymore by default.
    Well, since he occupied territory of Germany, then the Bundeswehr would be in their right, to defend Germany against such a filthy invader.
    And US citizens aren't allowed to run arround with guns in Germany either, even though they got their amendment.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Well, since he occupied territory of Germany, then the Bundeswehr would be in their right, to defend Germany against such a filthy invader.
    And US citizens aren't allowed to run arround with guns in Germany either, even though they got their amendment.
    If he is an invader, he is entitled to attack and kill any armed force, SEK included. germany will avoid to label him invader at all cost therefore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post

So how do you stop a crazy man in Germany from getting a gun? I don't think he became crazy after he bought those guns and so far I don't see any safeguards in place that would have stopped him. There will be now I'm sure since they are going to start investigating the other people in his crazy little group but I'm willing to bet they will just start targeting specific groups to alienate.
    Firearm owners are reguired to get Mental and Health evaluations. They also get checked on by the Police, who make sure that the Firearms and Munitions are locked away properly in a Gunsafe.

The safeguards are their and most Firearm owners turn them in and then fight it through court and proving that they are mentally fit to own Firearms. No one here really expected that it would take a SWAT team to do this or that the Guy would go Full Rambo. Wear body armour and get into a Gunfight with a SWAT like unit.
    Situations like this are rare here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Firearm owners are reguired to get Mental and Health evaluations. They also get checked on by the Police, who make sure that the Firearms and Munitions are locked away properly in a Gunsafe.

The safeguards are their and most Firearm owners turn them in and then fight it through court and proving that they are mentally fit to own Firearms. No one here really expected that it would take a SWAT team to do this or that the Guy would go Full Rambo. Wear body armour and get into a Gunfight with a SWAT like unit.
    Situations like this are rare here.
    Which proves my point. It's up to responsible, mentally sane gun owners to follow the law. If one goes nuts and already has a gun then those laws are useless. It doesn't happen too often over there because of the mentality you guys in Europe have. If you look at the "thug" culture we have over here where "popping a cap in someone's ass" isn't unheard of is it any wonder why we have such a high gun violence rate?

Whether or not he was crazy before or after makes zero difference to the case at hand but yeah keep on going with such great arguments . No wonder you have even more of a clown circus for elections than we have.
    Which proves my point. It's up to responsible, mentally sane gun owners to follow the law. If one goes nuts and already has a gun then those laws are useless. It doesn't happen too often over there because of the mentality you guys in Europe have. If you look at the "thug" culture we have over here where "popping a cap in someone's ass" isn't unheard of is it any wonder why we have such a high gun violence rate?
    Even more random gibberish.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-10-22 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

West Europa is not like the US when it comes to guns, its not a rigth here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    An unjust act does not become just because later actions validated it.
    What "unjust act"?
    He broke the laws. <- That one?
    Then he got to experience the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by lardaoc View Post
    My father is a fire fighter, if they are called and they damage a car which is parked in a narrow street, in a no parking zone, blocking their way, they have to pay with their private fortune, before 2006 the country paid for that.

If they damage the car it's an illegal action, if they don't damage the car and can't arrive at their destination and someone who needs help doesn't get any because of it, it's an illegal action...
    I do not think that your father would have to pay in every case. It is about whether he acted negligent and deliberate or not. There are court decisions concerning this (like http://www.n-tv.de/ticker/Geld/Feuer...le2903776.html) and also a short explanation http://lz-bad-fredeburg.de/wp-conten...ungsrisiko.pdf (the first two paragraphs). I am not a studied jurist so I do not know all the details and how the different laws interact with each other but I think the court decision shows that usually there is no private liability for fire fighters and other civil servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    4 officers shot and you're giggling. Real classy.
    And either you can't read or can't count. Your own story listed shows two officers shot and two others injured by broken glass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    If he is an invader, he is entitled to attack and kill any armed force, SEK included. germany will avoid to label him invader at all cost therefore.
    Come again?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

"i disagree with these people strongly

how will i work around this? Convincing them otherwise? Waiting for the fruits of their efforts to destroy half the country, then try to turn it around as a collective?

Nope. I'll murder 4 cops, who probably think about politics as often as you think about what your neighbour had for dinner 3 nights ago."

You rip what you saw ... God job leftist , it sims Europe was peaceful to long . Lets bring uneducated violent outsiders to our Countrys , so they can enrage the locals and start new conflicts in our borders UHU!! Progressive!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    You rip what you saw ... God job leftist , it sims Europe was peaceful to long . Lets bring uneducated violent outsiders to our Countrys , so they can enrage the locals and start new conflicts in our borders UHU!! Progressive!!

How the fuck is enforcing the law an left-wing ideal?

He didn't comply with the regulations for continued gun possession.
    As the owner it was his duty to make sure they were in the possession of someone who met all the appropriate requirements.
    Since he didn't they were confiscated.