Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret trinket help.

Just need some insight with 3 trinkets I have and which is best to use.

1st: 850ilvl - 1233 str - 932 haste - Socket with 150 haste.

2nd: 840 - 898 vers -Horn of Valor

3rd: 875 - 1557 str - Ursocs rending paw.

Side question for later, im going so the one from Ash Golm in Vault..when I get that which 2 should I use then. (I know Horn and that one shouldnt be used together)

Thanks in advance.

Right now, first two. Hang onto the Paw and use it instead of #1 when they fix it. If you get FCM (Ash'Golm's one) then it replaces Horn.

Forgot to mention I also have 850 Spiked Counterweight, heard it wasnt very good to it's been hiding in my bags...just read in another thread its 'okay'.

If i were you, would use Spiked 850, and the 850 one with stg and haste. U are so freaking lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I need some insight on my trinket choice guys. I've been rolling with 2 trinks both 850, with stg and crit. But now i have 840 chrono shard and Nature's Call from Cenarius. I kinda prefer trinkets with fixxed stats instead of proc ones, but what u guys think about the shard and nature's call? Should i start using them and loose that much crit and stg?

Deleted
    Use Horn of Valor, macroed to your Avenging Wrath, and Ursoc's Rending Paw.

Faulty Countermeasure or Horn of Valor macroed with Crusade is a must for any Ret.
    As for the second one, I guess that's debatable. I personally, would use the Str/Haste one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

But and for me, could u guys say something about my question? Ah i also have a 855 URP, how is it working so far?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iBoBBa View Post
    Forgot to mention I also have 850 Spiked Counterweight, heard it wasnt very good to it's been hiding in my bags...just read in another thread its 'okay'.
    > Not very good.
    Are you trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Use Horn of Valor, macroed to your Avenging Wrath, and Ursoc's Rending Paw.
    Don't macro it. That's stupid.
    You use it when you have 15 stacks. Or align exactly with the duration of the trinket. (If 10 seconds) pop at 15 stacks. If 25secs, pop at 25 sec duration.

Yes, minmaxing helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    > Not very good.
    Are you trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

You use it when you have 15 stacks. Or align exactly with the duration of the trinket. (If 10 seconds) pop at 15 stacks. If 25secs, pop at 25 sec duration.

Yes, minmaxing helps.
    Horn of Valor's duration is 30 seconds. With 3/3 WOTA Crusade/AW has a duration of 27.5 seconds. This is only a concern if you have 5+ WOTA, and even then, it's highly questionable if an extra 2.5-5 seconds of optimal dps is worth adding an extra moving part to an already fairly complex rotation, especially for a player that has to ask basic questions like this.

In almost every situation for almost every player out there, Thete's advice is correct.

Deleted
    > Not very good.
    Are you trolling?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, minmaxing helps.
    Are you serious? The duration of FCM/Horn of Valor is greater than that of Crusade so you're just wasting loads of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    fairly complex rotation
    hehhehheeh

Quote Originally Posted by Teryss View Post
    hehhehheeh
    I'll take that statement back when I see loads of 75th percentile logs and below that don't make basic rotational errors.

Least you guys have trinket options..I've been stuck with two Str and Haste trinkets since the dawn of Legion..least one Titanforged to 855 :|
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

What do you think about these trinkets? what are the best ones?

Nature's call
    Chaos Talisman
    Spiked
    Hunger of the pack

I have equiped right now: Nature and Chaos.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Are you serious? The duration of FCM/Horn of Valor is greater than that of Crusade so you're just wasting loads of damage.
    Then ignore what I said. But in general people should never MACRO trinkets with Crusade. Unless the duration of course is longer, but I've explained that so if you felt you needed to point that out then I'm not sure what youre on about.

Deleted
    Then ignore what I said. But in general people should never MACRO trinkets with Crusade. Unless the duration of course is longer, but I've explained that so if you felt you needed to point that out then I'm not sure what youre on about.
    I specifically said to macro Horn of Valor to Avenging Wrath. Not on-use trinkets in general, that specific one. You said it was stupid and it now appears you didn't actually know what those especially suitable trinkets for this spec even did. That's what I'm on about. Clear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassell View Post
    What do you think about these trinkets? what are the best ones?

Nature's call
    Chaos Talisman
    Spiked
    Hunger of the pack

I have equiped right now: Nature and Chaos.
    How about some more info with that?
    what ilvls are the trinkets? what's your haste %?

On my own character i would go with Spiked+Hunger of the pack... as going under 22% haste would just feel weird.

Im wondering which trinkets I should be looking to get right now.

Currently have: 1. Titanforged ilvl 890 1790str 1083vers
    2. Unstable Arcanocrystal 860 ilvl with a socket

Stats i currently have are 22% haste, 26% crit 37% mastery 5% vers

My trinkets:

Horn of Valor (840)
    Faulty Countermeasure (825)
    1253 str / 950 vers stat stick (855 from world quest)
    Ursoc's (850)

So far, I seem to be getting the best results with FCM + Stat Stick. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryss View Post
    hehhehheeh
    This laugh tells me you have no clue.

The Ret rotation extends for minutes on long and changes in accordance to your haste values. It's possible to use a fairly general rotation, but the best possible one is only achieved by a program that reads many steps ahead. In this case, hekili. Of course, if you just tunnel it, you won't be able to react to situations ahead of time in order to squeeze the most DPS out of every situation. Ret has one of the most far reaching and complex rotations in the game if you really care about playing a perfect game.

So yeah... that joke is no loger funny.