Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Shadow ain't that bad in arena.
    No, it's apparently tier 1 with feral/sham or mage/sham. It still feels so much worse to do arena as shadow this expansion because of no mobility, squishier without spectral guise, void tendrils or psychic horror. We lost so much but didn't get anything to compensate, so now the melee train sticks to us easier than ever. Don't know about you but having 2 melees interrupting all my casts for an entire game isn't my idea of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're both fine. If you want to DPS and have more options, go lock. If you like having the option of healing, go priest. Blizz will constantly nerf or buff classes that overperform or underperform. There's no use in trying to play the fotm game.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    No, it's apparently tier 1 with feral/sham or mage/sham. It still feels so much worse to do arena as shadow this expansion because of no mobility, squishier without spectral guise, void tendrils or psychic horror. We lost so much but didn't get anything to compensate, so now the melee train sticks to us easier than ever. Don't know about you but having 2 melees interrupting all my casts for an entire game isn't my idea of fun.
    Yeah, I miss Psychic horror. Don't care about the other stuff so much. It's super good with a mage though.

And I've seen it work in 2s with a healer. (I've only got to 2.1k but I've seen it a couple of times recently).

All casters have the interrupt problem. Double melee is just a bit stupid atm. I miss the old days before everyone had an interrupt.

Play fire mage with shadowy spell icons.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Play fire mage with shadowy spell icons.
    B-but the spell effects? Tmorph?

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    So negative guys. SP is probably the strongest it's been in raids since T11 and all you can come up with is that we're "on the verge of getting nerfed"?
    Probably because Blizzard has already showed us the patch notes that include hard SPriest nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Drop the idea of Spriest/Warlock and roll a Mage. You will never regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Probably because Blizzard has already showed us the patch notes that include hard SPriest nerfs.
    Lol this guy, the nerfs are not even that bad dude. The class is fine and you will find that the people that are complaining are the ones that are hating on S2M.. I've cleared M12+ and I raid in semi hard core guild and I've had no issues what so ever. The only thing I'd like to say is that with shadow you have to work a lot harder for your DPS where as some other classes have it a lot easier.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yozu View Post
    Lol this guy, the nerfs are not even that bad dude. The class is fine and you will find that the people that are complaining are the ones that are hating on S2M.. I've cleared M12+ and I raid in semi hard core guild and I've had no issues what so ever. The only thing I'd like to say is that with shadow you have to work a lot harder for your DPS where as some other classes have it a lot easier.
    I thought the shadowform toggle they were bringing back had a 10% buff attached to it which is why Shadow is getting small nerfs across the board? Unless I misread or misunderstood.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I thought the shadowform toggle they were bringing back had a 10% buff attached to it which is why Shadow is getting small nerfs across the board? Unless I misread or misunderstood.
    You would be correct. There aren't nerfs. In fact, there's buffs (anything not specifically having its damage lowered has it buffed because of the blanked +10% damage buff). But people like to just bitch and moan without finding out the truth.

Those are not nerfs, those are spellpower coefficient balances to nullify the +10% damage from shadowform aura.

By "nerfs" I meant developer's attitude towards our only viable talent choice and gameplay style - Surrender to Madness talent, tied to Mass Hysteria artifact trait synergy. We're mediocre at best in everything beside that synergy. Should they nerf it - and they said they would - we're left mediocre at everything. That's it.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    shadow priest have 3min where they shine in RAIDS

they are weak as fuck

The Playstyle is good. Its Fun . But outside of those 3 Minutes you are just Trash

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Those are not nerfs, those are spellpower coefficient balances to nullify the +10% damage from shadowform aura.

By "nerfs" I meant developer's attitude towards our only viable talent choice and gameplay style - Surrender to Madness talent, tied to Mass Hysteria artifact trait synergy. We're mediocre at best in everything beside that synergy. Should they nerf it - and they said they would - we're left mediocre at everything. That's it.
    They are nerfs. 110% of 90% is not the same as 100%. They are, however, very small nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post

Their attitude is not the problem. They literally said (re STM) "better a one trick pony than a no trick pony". They have stated repeatedly that their intention is to have multiple viable L100 talents.

Now they very well might not achieve that, but if so, it will be because they suck at balancing, not because they didn't try.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    They are nerfs. 110% of 90% is not the same as 100%. They are, however, very small nerfs.
    Why don't you actually look at the numbers before making a post. Example..mind blast is going from 300% spell power damage to 275%. Guess what, that's not a 10% nerf. You take that 275% add 10% from shadowform and you now have 302.5%. Mind blast is therefore buffed, not nerfed. The same is true for pretty much all the adjustments. The only slight, slight nerf was sw:d going from 360% to 357%. Big woop. Mind sear got a flat out 10% buff since its damage wasn't lowered to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinchen View Post
    How does demonology deal with movement ?
    You learn the fight and plan your movement ahead. In case of random mechanics you pray to our lord and saviour rngesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    SPriest is simple: StM. Only when you sleep in Ny'alotha you'll discover you forgot to use a potion and see your dps while alive slowly, but steadily shrink.
    Also, the off spec possibilities are huge in comparison to Locks. You can go Disco for dpsing AND healing, cracking two Nuts with one Penance. And the usual ST healing Holy Priest.

While Locks are basically Demonic Empowerment (Demo) & 100% Uptime Immolate and pray to RNGsus for Immolate crits. Nothing's more humiliating than to get (ALL) your Soul Shards by using Conflag.

You want to know why I haven't mentioned Affliction? I have. It's called Surrender to SPriests.

I played healy priest in vanilla, switched to shadow mana battery in BC and had been a shadow priest ever since. However I am so appalled by the current state of Shadow that I went back to being a healy priest for the first time in 10 years a few weeks ago. Just based on that I cannot recommend shadow priest to anyone. There is an exceptionally high skill cap to good play, one L100 talent dominates the others by a margin of up to 30% in many cases, and that L100 talent is a $&*(#$ing gimmick that results in your death. It makes my stomach churn. Oh and not to mention your damage is going to be terrible in lower level mythic dungeons, which is okay with Watcher, because there's a video out there of a shadow priest doing fine in a +15.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Shadow peaked in BC. Best overall flow, great utility.

For PvP at least, there's the -10% physical damage taken buff from Shadowform in 7.1.

I'm sticking with Shadow, purely because of 'class fantasy'. The Old Gods are my favorite part of WoW, so I'm just going to trust that Blizzard will make them more well-rounded in time.