Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 7.1 Survival Guide, Darkwater Skate, Submit BlizzCon Questions, Blue Posts

Civilization 6 is out today - Learn how to play with with Civ 6 Wiki on Gamepedia

Ben Brode Unhappy with Ranked Ladder System

Patch 7.1 Survival Guide
    Blizzard posted their Patch 7.1 Survival guide, giving a quick overview of what is coming in Patch 7.1.

Patch 7.1 - Darkwater Skate
    The Darkwater Skate is a new aquatic mount coming to the Darkmoon Faire in Patch 7.1. It is sold by Galissa Sundew, who uses Darkmoon Daggermaw as a currency.

Submit Your Question for the World of Warcraft Q&A at BlizzCon
    EU players can submit questions here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    If you’ve got a question that needs to be asked at BlizzCon, we’ve got you covered.

On Saturday, November 5 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST on the Main Hall (D) stage at BlizzCon 2016, several Lead World of Warcraft developers will answer questions from attendees and queries gathered online. Our forum hotline is now open for you to submit your question.

Click here to go to the World of Warcraft discussion forum and submit your question for the BlizzCon Q&A.

The online submissions thread will be closed at 12:00 p.m. PDT on Wednesday, October 26.

If you scored a ticket to BlizzCon 2016 and would like to submit your question in-person, head up to the Darkmoon Faire community area on Level 3 on Friday, November 4 and look for the Warcraft mailbox. We’ll have everything you’ll need to write down your question for the devs, and if it’s selected, you’ll be given the opportunity to ask it live during the Q&A. Please note that in-person questions for the Q&A must be placed into the Warcraft mailbox before the end of the first day of BlizzCon.

We’re looking forward to answering as many of your questions as we can during the live panel.

For Azeroth!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class Feedback and Solo Play
    one dev plays fire mage, so that has to be uber strong, no dev plays elemental shaman so we pretend that specc doesn't exist. etc

Considering the WoW development team consists of hundreds of people, it is very likely that there is at least one person on the team playing your class and spec. I think a lot of people are misinterpreting, or even twisting, what Ornyx has said.

While the developers have their own philosophies, vision and game design in mind, they ultimately want the end product to be something that players will enjoy. This does not mean that any feedback to the contrary will be disregarded. Even from as early a stage as when we enter Friends & Family testing with our products, the products can change quite significantly based on the feedback received. However, if the changes would compromise the overall vision, then the developers may disagree with making those changes. That doesn’t mean that they don’t care for, or appreciate, the feedback.

To use the restaurant example that comes up quite a lot in this thread:
    If the developers were chefs, they wouldn't want to open a restaurant serving food that they would not be willing to eat themselves. However, they are only human and sometimes a dish isn't served to perfection, a mistake gets made, or a dish needs a little bit more preparation than others. Sometimes a dish simply requires a little bit of salt…

To tie this back into the ongoing concerns about class balance, we've recently received some information about philosophy and potential changes for Outlaw Rogues and Havoc Demon Hunters.

However, if your class and/or spec isn't mentioned there it doesn't mean that we are ignoring you. We're collating all the feedback we're receiving and forwarding it on. I realise it's frustrating to be left waiting but please understand that if we receive any information we can share with you, then we will of course share it with you.

WQ´s are great, but they stop progressing at 850, Crafting is great, but it also stops progressing at 850 + it requires mythic dungeons, HC dungeons don´t offer progress, LFR doesn´t, non rated BG doesn't ...

There are so many things that don´t work, as you guys don´t put effort into them. You serve them to your playerbase in such a way, that they must get the impression, that you don´t care about them, but only your own kind - the raiders and mythic dungeon players, as this content is what you do as well and therefore put lots of effort into.
    The re-design of Kara, damn it´s great, but it´s not accessible by the majority of your players, therefore they can never see how much work went into it and this is a problem.

What your team needs is a casual, who does not raid or do these dungeons, someone who is telling you every evening in the office, that he has nothing meaningful to do. I am sure this would change things to the good.

We have some new content coming in Patch 7.1 tailored toward solo-play as well as some changes coming to non-rated PvP that should make it feel more rewarding.

With the recent changes to emissary caches to give gear more in-line with rewards from World Quests, it is possible to get up to a gear level comparable to that of mythic dungeons without even setting foot in a mythic dungeon. You still have chances for those rewards to Warforge or Titanforge and be on the same level as rewards from higher difficulty Mythic Keystone dungeons. In this regard, gear is more accessible than ever before.

We've been seeing a lot of requests over the years for more organised smaller group content, this originally took the form of Challenge Modes and has since transitioned into the current Mythic Keystone system. Base mythic dungeons are fundamentally designed around a level of communication and co-operation that automatically match-made groups often lack.

Organised group content that requires commitment should have a reward that correlates to the investment required. This is why higher difficulty dungeons and raids have a more consistent chance of providing a more powerful reward when compared to hoping that the 830 World Quest reward will Titanforge up to 860+, but either way no matter which content you do, there is still a chance that you're going to get an upgrade.

Karazhan holds a special place in many players’ hearts because it's an iconic location in Warcraft lore and was one of the first truly accessible raids for players in terms of the number of players and co-ordination required, even when compared the 20 man versions of Zul'Gurub or Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj in classic WoW.

At BlizzCon, and through talking to fans, I've often heard stories of friendships and guilds that were formed and blossomed as a result of Karazhan. By making Karazhan a mythic dungeon it allows us to attempt to re-capture that spirit of Karazhan by promoting more organised, smaller group, play again.

Like I said in this thread, I don't think it's inherently bad for World of Warcraft to offer solo-experiences, but on the flipside I don't think it's inherently bad for the game to offer organised small group activities either. One of WoW's strengths has always been the breadth of content if offers for different playstyles. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Elemental Shaman Concerns
    I've also gathered concerns from this thread (among others) and sent them to the development team with a round of questions on our goals/philosophy for Elemental.

Once I hear back from them I'll share what I can. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Youre talking about giving Spriests choice in 100 Talents tier? Meanwhile literally no choice for Hunter talent trees.#LetsTalk
    I believe I mentioned the lack of choice/options in the Barrage/Sidewinders rows for Marks; which others concern you? (WatcherDev)

Raiding
    Then Blizz deciding raiding was too expensive and worked to fix it. Being "Raid Ready" isn't a new thing like you suggest.
    BC still had chain-potting with no one-per-combat limit; and in 2.0/2.1, elixirs stacked with flasks. (WatcherDev)
    Anyway, I don't think we disagree. As said in the Q&A, if the market still looks like this in a month or so, that's a problem. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    will pvp season end with 7.1 arrival?
    No, Legion Season 1 will not end when 7.1 launches on Oct. 25th. https://t.co/a3P0uIo4FB (holinka)

Hidden Things
    Still cant believe this community figured out Kosumoth. That was the one I thought would take the longest. What did you think of it? (Muffinus)
    The first person in each region that unlocked the final Kosumoth orb had their name announced to the region. Did you notice? Was this cool? (Muffinus)

Will you guys ever do another secret based around spirit form and wandering the world dead?
    I hope not (Muffinus)

Holiday Events
    Any way you could scale holiday events? Want chances at goodies, but all my alts are still 100, not the 110 needed to participate.
    a very good idea, love it! (Muffinus)

Pet Battles
    Could you tell (or hint) us whether or not this mini pet is in the current live game? and if not, will it… https://t.co/dMCZiqYYq7
    .Needed more anims to be a real battle pet, expect this lovely guy to show up in the future! (Muffinus)
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-10-22 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I read Khan as the same as van?

10+ Year Old Account
    Care-a-zhan? Sounds more like Kah-Rah-Zan, which is how I've always pronounced it.

Hmm, that poll.
    I am missing Kara-zaan.

Deleted
    I pronounce karazhan just like it's written. Karazhan. It's great to be non-english speaker.

Deleted
    Car-a-zhan for me

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    Hmm, that poll.
    I am missing Kara-zaan.
    That's how it is pronounced on German speaking servers.

I don't pronounce it like any of those options. I say "Kara" like the "para" in "parachute", and "zhan" with a hard z like "zap" and a short a like "can". "Karra-zann". Three short hard syllables.

Deleted
    I honestly do not understand this poll wtf ?!??!

I don't say CAR nor do i say CARE if you've to make a poll make all posibi...

I say. Ka-Ra-Zane

easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post

I say. Ka-Ra-Zane

easy as that.
    are you high?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    Hmm, that poll.
    I am missing Kara-zaan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I don't pronounce it like any of those options. I say "Kara" like the "para" in "parachute", and "zhan" with a hard z like "zap" and a short a like "can". "Karra-zann". Three short hard syllables.
    Pretty sure the last option is covering you guys. You're just imagining it looking different when written out.

I say. Ka-Ra-Zane

easy as that.
    "I don't CARE about this poll!

Here is my answer for this poll."

all this fucking underwater mounts, incoming aszhara expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Kufell View Post
    Care-a-zhan? Sounds more like Kah-Rah-Zan, which is how I've always pronounced it.
    Exactly my thought!

Ka-ra-zhan. Halfway like an old Egyptian ruler or something, just said faster. And given the K and Z; using hard syllables and not approximating to any Englishism. I guess I'm quite close to what the Germans would say.

Wow. That exchange over solo content and raid content is the worst example of how detached the devs are from the player base. The comment was progression stops at 850 - answer - but you get lootz! That's not what he was asking for! And, the rest was basically "raid or die".

He's right, they need someone standing next to their desk reminding them that raids are not the only way to entertain people over time, and that "getting lootz!" is not the only way to provide content.

I'm still astonished they posted that. It cleary shows the disconnect between players and devs. And it's not good. 'Meaningful" in wow seems to only be fat lootz to the devs, not experiences. If you hit 850, raid or die. Because, lootz. Great game philosphy there, guys. So we'll see a mass exodus of players once they hit 850, I guess.

Raid , mythic + , rated BGs wtf else do you want pleb

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Wow. That exchange over solo content and raid content is the worst example of how detached the devs are from the player base. The comment was progression stops at 850 - answer - but you get lootz! That's not what he was asking for! And, the rest was basically "raid or die".

He's right, they need someone standing next to their desk reminding them that raids are not the only way to entertain people over time, and that "getting lootz!" is not the only way to provide content.

I'm still astonished they posted that. It cleary shows the disconnect between players and devs. And it's not good. 'Meaningful" in wow seems to only be fat lootz to the devs, not experiences. If you hit 850, raid or die. Because, lootz. Great game philosphy there, guys. So we'll see a mass exodus of players once they hit 850, I guess.
    its a huge hint that legion will have only 2 tiers just liek wod - jsut with first tier much more spread will february (nighthold) and next out of raid gear will come when next tier lands - untill then it will be one huge rng bonanza - and 3/4 of people leaving game due to it still being raid or die

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    "I don't CARE about this poll!

Here is my answer for this poll."
    what the fk are you talk about.

what the fk are you talk about.
    The post I quoted. Do you read what you write? I'd understand if you didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The post I quoted. Do you read what you write? I'd understand if you didn't.
    yes i did. and i wrote in caps, the words which were used in the poll. did you read the poll. in my comment i never stated that i "do care for the poll" or "i do not care for the poll".

so i've no clue what your reply was about. do you even have a clue about what poll i comment about?