Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You guys are doing a bad job at proving that Clinton isn't horribly corrupt. Is anyone going to make an affirmative argument on behalf of your candidate?
    You claimed she is corrupt, you have to back it up, princess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If you don't count tabloids, to which I think he has them all because his ridiculous shit sells papers, he has 3 as of last count. But no big ones, and literally none of the ones that have traditionally gone to Republicans. Hell, Trump has gotten some places to officially endorse Clinton over him that have NEVER endorsed anyone before.
    It really plays perfectly into the Republican victim complex. They put up a candidate so bad he couldn't possibly be elected and then get to act 'triggered' (to borrow a phrase from them) when no one else is drinking their shit-flavored Kool-Aid.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So, you think he was literally speaking about chess, and using trade agreements as a metaphor?
    "And the other way, you can't terminate, people go crazy. It's like you have to be a grand chess master. And we don't have any of them."

Please circle the part where "them" as in "we don't have any of THEM" means anything other than "grand chess master".

Feel free to watch the video. https://www.c-span.org/video/?416683...e-pennsylvania Start at the 20 minute mark. See if you can get it to help your cause, defending a stupid false statement that was completely irrelevant.

Oh, and about you getting dumber each time you come to the forum? Based on your inability to read two short back-to-back English sentences, containing only one two-syllable word, I think that ship sailed before you got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its not someone else job to write essays and gather all the proof for you on the table. Its your job to get informed from the fuckton of existing proof that Clinton is a criminal that should be in jail.
    Actually, it is on the accuser to provide burden of proof. This is how a court of law works and how you write college papers. You make a claim, you back it up. It is called burden of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No one said the system we have is without flaws. Its still stupid to claim that someone who hasn't even been indicted despite intense scrutiny is the "most corrupt".
    What makes a system corrupt is when people in positions of power are essentially above the law. This can manifest in the form of high ranking government officials who get away with corruption due to political power. This can also manifest as police officers who rarely get prosecuted for violating the rights of citizens. The problem with corruption is that it can become systemic, and it tends to spread throw the entire government hierarchy.

- - - Updated - - -

You claimed she is corrupt, you have to back it up, princess.
    Pretty sure her issues are so well documented at this point that it is a matter of public record. <3
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure her issues are so well documented at this point that it is a matter of public record. <3
    Then you should be able to find something, shouldn't you?

Its not someone else job to write essays and gather all the proof for you on the table. Its your job to get informed from the fuckton of existing proof that Clinton is a criminal that should be in jail.
    No, all evidence so far points to her not having done anything thats against the law. Thats why FBI dropped the case.

The only thing thats evident from this election is that about 40% of the US poulation is really... Whats the word I'm looking for? Slow, a bit behind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure her issues are so well documented at this point
    Citation needed. A simple link will suffice.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Actually, it is on the accuser to provide burden of proof. This is how a court of law works and how you write college papers. You make a claim, you back it up. It is called burden of proof.
    What is asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence -- Hitchen's Razor
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Then it should be extremely easy for you to show that well documented evidence that is a matter of public record, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Citation needed. A simple link will suffice.
    I'm sure this link should explain everything

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw something that made me go "Holy shit". There are people here in front of our local Wal-Mart trying to get people to sign something that says they agree to join in a protest of the "rigged election" if (of course) Trump loses. Yelling shit about "they will not accept anything but the truth and will resort to violence if necessary" They came after me and I politely told them I just voted for Hillary and they could go fuck themselves. About 10 cop cars puling into the parking lot as I was leaving. I mean....seriously? Trump really does have his flock of sheep...hope they all get help.....and quickly.

What makes a system corrupt is when people in positions of power are essentially above the law. This can manifest in the form of high ranking government officials who get away with corruption due to political power. This can also manifest as police officers who rarely get prosecuted for violating the rights of citizens. The problem with corruption is that it can become systemic, and it tends to spread throw the entire government hierarchy.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't provide said records, then it can be, just as easily, thrown out of the conversation. I can make up all the shit I want about Trump, saying that he is an orangutan with a fucking ferret on his head. While this may be satire, and everyone knows this, if I can't provide evidence to back up my position it can be ignored. It is no wonder you aren't being taken seriously anymore. When your own sources are used against you or your source doesn't say what you think it says, you pretty much get lazy and stop posting sources. I would too, if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Just saw something that made me go "Holy shit". There are people here in front of our local Wal-Mart trying to get people to sign something that says they agree to join in a protest of the "rigged election" if (of course) Trump loses. Yelling shit about "they will not accept anything but the truth and will resort to violence if necessary" They came after me and I politely told them I just voted for Hillary and they could go fuck themselves. About 10 cop cars puling into the parking lot as I was leaving. I mean....seriously? Trump really does have his flock of sheep...hope they all get help.....and quickly.
    And I hope all of those get arrested for sedition and treason and Trump gets arrested for inciting it after he loses the election. If it goes that far anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw something that made me go "Holy shit".
    It is alarming how many people are already claiming the election is rigged and it hasn't happened yet. I suppose, if Trump wins, they'll have to say "it was rigged" and forfeit?

Actually if you are the accuser it is your job to reinforce your story with proof, not our responsibility to chase down your facts to prove you are right and we are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    No video? Come on dude. You missed a chance at internet fame!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It is alarming how many people are already claiming the election is rigged and it hasn't happened yet. I suppose, if Trump wins, they'll have to say "it was rigged" and forfeit?

This isn't really convincing since these well documented issues tend to fall apart upon scrutiny whenever we do get around to discussing them.

It's like I said above. At this point the argument is basically circular. We can't prove that X was true because we have Y and a lot of other claims so we know X has to be true. Why is Y true? Because we have X and a lot of other claims, so Y has to be true. Wake up, sheeple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    LOL

Saw a political cartoon with him as the Black Knight recently... of course now I can't find it.

Politicians go down for corruption charges all the time.