Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Outlaw fix ideas
    Since legion launch outlaw had some issues, but since he was topping the charts no one was complaining. But after it was nerfed and other classes being buffed, these issues became obvious. some are: inconsistency from (RTB), lack of dmg (GS), energy starvation and only little benefit from BL (compared to other classes). there might be others but these are the ones that i think can be easily fixed.

for RTB: it might help if the number of buffs are reduced to 4 by merging the worst buffs (EX. merge Jolly Roger with Grand Melee & Broadsides with
    Buried Treasure). this way it is easier to handle and although people might think the merged ones will be op, but they are not since there are times you will want to roll for shark infested waters or true bearing (pull and BL) the rest you will need the energy...ETC

ghostly strike (GS): can use some love (imo): increase the dmg buff it gives by 5% and duration to 30 sec and have it spread to targets in blade furry range when BF is active.

internal CD on abilities really frustrates me, especially during BL and AR: it can be reduced a little to have the spec feel lighter. another thing that needs a little tweek is the energy cost of sabre slash, maybe reduce it or have the artefact talents address it instead of only fishing moves(reduce the cost of all abilities by %10 or so)

Finally, i feel that mark of death is the bread and butter of rogues, so it should be a regular ability for all specs and revamp the last to talent tiers, say have a tier that lets u chose between canon barrage, death from above and killing spree. since these are for aoe mostly and each one has its uses and (pos & cons).

canon barrage (good aoe dmg but long cooldown).
    DFO (good dmg but uses CP).
    KS (GOOD when low in energy but not alot of dmg and can preposition u to bad spots).

this way u chose your preference.

these are just my ideas, let me know your thoughts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shankslol View Post
    but that's the thing, I don't just want a damage increase, I want something done about the whole RNG deal that we get with that spec. Buffing Dmg won't stop me from going insane when I get 4 or 5 times the same shitty rolls.
    I've around 20 days play time on Outlaw on max level. I honestly can't say I am getting tired of rerolling. Damage is actually the only thing that is troubling me.
    If you feel that way, that is a shame. But I don't think that applies to every Outlaw player.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankslol View Post
    I think it's important that blizzard recognizes that instead of coming out saying shit like "we're happy with the state of RtB" I mean what? Who plays the spec us or them? Shouldn't we be the ones who are happy about certain stuff?
    Depends. What they are saying is that RtB played out the way they wanted it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, snd will never be a viable option. Even if it gets better than RotB we will have to give up on MfD. Which isn't going to happen. So just make MfD baseline, remove DfA entirely and keep the last tier of talents entirely RtB based. So we can have whatever SnD will end up being and 2 other talents that could be like :

1) Loaded Dice (Passive)
    You always get a guaranteed 2 roll buff. (That means no 1-3-6 rolls)

2) Gambler's Luck (Passive)
    Roll the Bones has a 10% chance per combo point to refund the combo points spent.

Talent no1 would make the dps stable while keeping the luck factor of which of the 2 of the 6 buffs you could get. While talent no2 would make re-rolling much much simpler.

A lot has been made of the nerfs to our relics, but there's another nerf which had at least as much effect on us which I haven't seen mentioned yet. Remember when any one rtb buff gave you an extra 40% of whatever it was buffing (crit, energy regen, wtvr) Yeah, me too. Seems to me that if they just gave us that back it would solve some of the problems since even one buff, especially SiW, wouldn't be so bad. Not saying we wouldn't be rerolling, but maybe we could afford to sit on a single buff for a short time while throwing in some RT's in between knowing that even one buff was a dps increase. At least it would take some of the sting out.

Rtb is not being changed per the dev message so all of these ideas seem wasted. Blayke, rtb was "nerfed" because it was so good all we did was reroll for 3 buffs. They buffed rtb and ss the day they fixed rtb. We really just need our damage back.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Any ability should do dmg? Why?
    Why should an ability in your rotation NOT do damage?

>>>>>very few class mechanics that can rival the excitement of getting that elusive 6-buff at just the right time.

wrong

being a class able to compete consistently on the damage meters is more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Why should an ability in your rotation NOT do damage?
    Variety? In game mechanics? Class fantasy/lore? Do you have an answer to my question?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The real problem with RtB, IMO, isn't that it's random-- it's that the gap between the average case scenario and the worst-case scenario is so large, and the worst-case scenario is terrifyingly common.

One solution that might be interesting is if instead of giving you 1-6 buffs for the full duration, it always gave you all six buffs... but not at once. Instead, it would chop the normal duration into three intervals, and give you two buffs for each third of the normal duration. You would always get all six buffs, but the individual combinations would be randomly chosen-- IE you might get Jolly Roger and Broadside for the first third, True Bearing and Grand Melee for the second, and Shark Infested Waters and Buried Treasure for the last third.

That way, it's still random, and you still have to react to it, but you only roll once, instead of continuously fishing for something good. On top of that, it drastically reduces the extent to which bad luck can fuck with your damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by calimariae View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    posted by ornyx
    roll the bones is a spec-defining ability for outlaw rogues
    http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613783616
    then why is it an optional talent?

As I said earlier, just buff mastery:main gauche and that would give us another viable relic option for ze weapon slots.

And could gear for mastery and still have sub/ass for ST and outlaw for aoe fights.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Exactly. Delete SND.

Same reason S2M and RoP are talents despite the respective specs being balanced around them.

yap... that's just dumb, isn't it?
    i said before they should remove SnD

instead, they keep trying to tweak SnD to make sure it's not better than RtB, but not complete shit.
    and by doing so, keep people talking about this talent all the time.

anyway....
    it just tells us that they are not sure what they want outlaw to be right now.
    this is exactly how WW was in the previous expansion.

Deleted
    I realize this is a selfish opinion but I think they should just remove SnD as an option and fully commit to RtB, making talents/set bonuses/class trinkets that interact with it.
    Although it is a new ability, it's quickly become a spec defining one, and if you hate it, outlaw is probably not the spec for you.

The whole point of the spec is to interact with what you're getting from your rolls, whether it's a low point or a high point - you can't have great moments like getting 3-6 buffs without having the drawback of sometimes having single-buff streaks. Imagine how fun would it be to play DnD in a way that players would never roll below 10?

If at any point there was an actual competitive, more reliable alternative, RtB would no longer need to exist. At this point, asking for a SnD buff is basically saying "I don't like Outlaw, and I should be playing another spec, but I want everyone to know I can't deal with the RNG nature of the spec".

I'm sure there are people out there who genuinely just want to spam SS and RT and not think about anything else, but I honestly don't see how catering to such a boring playstyle is the way to go. Again, /opinion.

Come on, we're just not used to the combo point changes yet. Clearly we all just need to git gud as RNG is clearly something we can control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Blizzard made two mistakes:

1. Moving RtB base line and making SnD a talent
    2. Designing the spec around RtB after making it base line and then not improving SnD.

Right now they are probably looking at improving SnD but the spec is still designed around RtB and thus you are gimping yourself by taking SnD.

I personally like SnD, but they removed too many interactions for SnD to be interesting like it used to be. No Rupture weaving, no bandits guile, no restless blades CD reduction from ruthlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Blizzard made two mistakes:

1. Moving RtB base line and making SnD a talent
    2. Designing the spec around RtB after making it base line and then not improving SnD.

Right now they are probably looking at improving SnD but the spec is still designed around RtB and thus you are gimping yourself by taking SnD.

I personally like SnD, but they removed too many interactions for SnD to be interesting like it used to be. No Rupture weaving, no bandits guile, no restless blades CD reduction from ruthlessness.
    SnD hat interactions?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    I realize this is a selfish opinion but I think they should just remove SnD as an option and fully commit to RtB, making talents/set bonuses/class trinkets that interact with it.
    Although it is a new ability, it's quickly become a spec defining one, and if you hate it, outlaw is probably not the spec for you.
    Pretty much this. I don't think it's a selfish opinion so much as how they should've designed the spec. I played Outlaw pretty heavily until the hotfixes forced a switch and honestly, roll the bones is nowhere near as bad as people claim. Yes, you can get super unlucky sometimes but that happens so infrequently compared to just getting 2 buffs and being ok that it's fine. Slice and Dice is boring and I hope it never comes back. Instead I like the whole "loaded dice" talent thing that interacts with RtB replacing S&D.

If I had a few criticisms for the spec and I do, it'd be that I miss the effects of True Bearing being a baseline passive when the spec was Combat, that I think they should do that and give True Bearing something else. Being able to smooth out some of the CDs like that might help mitigate some of the RNG from RtB over the course of a long fight if you get super unlucky you still get a few more ARs in or something. My last critique is that 2 of the golden traits for The Dreadblades are uninspired, dull and kinda bad. Especially the AR one.

Blizzard DEvs are brainless monkey and this blue post is the proof.

they create a RNG based spec and now they complain. They smash nerf hammer over Outlaw (hey and what about the :"we will not nerf top DPS spec for a class") and now they turn back again........