Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrin View Post
    Demons Blades should be baseline. Best playstyle you can get. It outlines DHs chaotic, uncontrollable, bursty nature, instead of this daeth-boring Bite spam. Speaking as a Anger of Half-Giants user.
    If you're playing momentum with prepared and fel mastery, I don't spend very much time hitting demon's bite anyways...there's a lot of fury gen from those two abiliites and crit's help too. It definitely is not demon's bite spam by any means, otoh, demon blades, I would prefer if they just blew that talent up and replaced it with something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Demon´s bite is trash during BL+Meta compared to demon blades, so yeah, demon blades is actually the better choice by far, since right now our ST dps relies a lot in a good burst with Meta
    What you think you lose in hitting demon's bite, you make up for in momentum uptime with the decreased VR cooldown from prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    I completely agree. Netherwalk is such a shit talent, at least make it like CloS so we can clear things like bramble.

Darkness is also complete garbage, a 20% chance to avoid all damage? It's worthless.
    You can clear brambles, you just ask your paladin for a freedom.

Deleted
    I pray to the gods that they removed bloodlet, it just doesnt feel as if I'm being a demon hunter throwing glaives everywhere. Hunters can do that if they want too.
    I hope they also remove fel mastery and make the fury from it base cause there is no way in hell the other two can even come close to it atm.
    as much as I hate demon blade and want it to not be a thing. I rather have it and not choose it since its a boring playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    If you're playing momentum with prepared and fel mastery, I don't spend very much time hitting demon's bite anyways...there's a lot of fury gen from those two abiliites and crit's help too. It definitely is not demon's bite spam by any means, otoh, demon blades, I would prefer if they just blew that talent up and replaced it with something else.

- - - Updated - - -

What you think you lose in hitting demon's bite, you make up for in momentum uptime with the decreased VR cooldown from prepared.
    Demon blades is a fine talent they should keep it. They should instead look at bloodlet and felblade. Or play around with meta.

Deleted
    I happen to like the ubiquitous Demon Blades/Bloodlet/Momentum build. It has decision making and no Demon's Bite busywork. Yes, there are some talents that are just no-brainers but come on, I've been playing this game for 10 years and Blizzard "looking into" things when the spec is not severely underpowered only leads to disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    It's pretty shit really, makes very little difference .
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

Like I said only useful in very few situations using it when we took a 6-8 stack on illgynoth seemed to be the only fight throughout EN that it felt it actually helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Emorium View Post
    I happen to like the ubiquitous Demon Blades/Bloodlet/Momentum build. It has decision making and no Demon's Bite busywork.
    Couldn't agree more, I'm glad Demon Blades came out on top. I started out with prepared, but after actually playing Demon Blades there is a lot more room for decision-making and thought. I don't understand the desire some people have to be GCD locked for four hour raid nights, but I am getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    Demon blades is a fine talent they should keep it. They should instead look at bloodlet and felblade. Or play around with meta.
    If they touch bloodlet I will be incredibly upset. And so would a large vocal majority that got the last nerf semi-reverted. Personally. I think we're fine single target right now. We're middle of the pack but we are at the top on cleave and aoe. You can't be he best at everything. Sure they could buff some talents to make them more of a choice but please do not nerf anything that we currently use because I love the current fel mastery/bloodlet/momentum build.

Quote Originally Posted by nervousrek View Post
    Couldn't agree more, I'm glad Demon Blades came out on top. I started out with prepared, but after actually playing Demon Blades there is a lot more room for decision-making and thought. I don't understand the desire some people have to be GCD locked for four hour raid nights, but I am getting older.
    It's not even really about GCD locking - Demon Blades-momentum is just straight up a rotation that offers you more QoL & min-max possibilities than prepared-momentum that basically just takes one element away for a spammable button (that requires less thought to make perfect momentum windows to boot)

Demon Blades without momentum could be a problem, though, as the interaction they have together with the 4 second window is what makes things interesting. In general the loss of momentum would destroy the spec, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    If they touch bloodlet I will be incredibly upset. And so would a large vocal majority that got the last nerf semi-reverted. Personally. I think we're fine single target right now. We're middle of the pack but we are at the top on cleave and aoe. You can't be he best at everything. Sure they could buff some talents to make them more of a choice but please do not nerf anything that we currently use because I love the current fel mastery/bloodlet/momentum build.
    Except we're not?

We're bottom tier for ST, only ahead of DKs, and both of the specs are getting buffs for 7.1. Our cleave is medium pack, a lot of classes are ahead like f.e. Mages, Monks, Hunters.

Our burst AoE is still god, though still surpassed by Fire Mages. Our sustained AoE is meh since the Balanced Blades nerfs.

All of that also considering our rotation is probably one of the hardest in a raiding environment and that we bring the incredible amount of 0 utility as well. And well, also the lack of defensive cooldowns since Blur is tied to our DPS rotation.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-10-23 at 09:22 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think nobody is complaining about our cleave and/or AOE it's mostly that in EN cleave/AOE isn't very useful outside of a few small moments (see Xavius, Cenarius, and Il'gynoth) and in Trial of Valor there is very little use of cleave. At the end of the day, I think the argument isn't that we aren't viable, we are albeit weaker in comparison to other options. I think the argument is that due to the fact we have a single DPS spec we should be able to spec into ST or AOE dps as the fight demands and be able to perform. The hybrid tax died off long ago so it really isn't a very demanding request. We want to justify a raid spot, not that we don't recognize the problems of other classes/specs just that right now both our specs aren't great. If one was doing well, I think the problem would be lessened (see resto shamans vs. ele shamans) but since we aren't very good tanks AND not very good dps its a problem. Frankly if our tank spec was buffed I'd have 0 issue going into Vengeance.

Hopefully a change to Darkness in some creative way. Fix the talents on 99, 102, 104, 106 and 108 row. Nemesis looks good on paper but it's actually so bad, with Momentum you can time the 20% damage increase with your Chaos Strike bursts, so the effective % uptime of Momentum vs Nemesis is bigger than 10-15%. And Fel Eruption is just too reliant on crit RNG to be viable.

Fel Mastery wont ever be dropped as long as you gain 25 fury on top of extra damage. They could make the fury baseline and buff the other 2 talents. Bloodlet is just superior in every way atm. Two of the talents on the 104 row actually just suck very hard. Soul Rending is the only real choice. And likewise with Master of the Glaive, why would you ever take demonic reborn? Eye Beam isn't that good, Blur is just 2 extra fel rush and this means that A: you either have to wait with using metamorphosis so you can use eye beam/blur twice early on (then again you shouldnt eye beam during meta) or B: the fight is long enough for you to use meta twice. Unleashed power needs no further explanation.

So many of our talents are just badly designed and have little to zero use. And we have 0 utility and to buff our subpar ST damage we have to use our only defensive CD offensively. I like playing Havoc but when looking at it objectively the spec is a COMPLETE mess.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Hopefully a change to Darkness in some creative way. .
    I'll admit I haven't looked around enough to see if this has been suggested but frankly if I was in the driver seat I'd change darkness to a magic damage flat % reduction for AOE situations.

Deleted
    Here's what I see happening:
    Master of the Glaive gets shat on
    First Blood/Felblade gets buffed
    Momentum decreased to 3 seconds
    Chaos Blades now increase damage by 50% of mastery
    Bloodlet now only applies the bleed to the first target struck
    Soul Rending now causes you to heal for 20% of the damage dealt.

Just going by how they decided to go about with the last hotfix.

If you want Darkness to be changed you best be giving us back the original leech from soul rending, or at least buff it.

Right now with the pvp talent you can get Darkness up to a 70% chance per attack to completely ignore it. Losing that would be a HUGE nerf that DH's frankly don't need in pvp.

I'd lower darkness cd, 3 minutes it's a bit too high. I suggest somenting like 2 minutes with the same mechanic or somenting like rogue's clos

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd remove the 20% chance to avoid all dmg to 20% dmg reduction

the pvp talent can be 70% of dmg reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Here's what I see happening:
    Master of the Glaive gets shat on
    First Blood/Felblade gets buffed
    Momentum decreased to 3 seconds
    Chaos Blades now increase damage by 50% of mastery
    Bloodlet now only applies the bleed to the first target struck
    Soul Rending now causes you to heal for 20% of the damage dealt.

Just going by how they decided to go about with the last hotfix.
    Yeah that's just ridiculous and won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I'd remove the 20% chance to avoid all dmg to 20% dmg reduction
    I am rather certain they didn't do that in the first place because it would make it a really good raid cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I am rather certain they didn't do that in the first place because it would make it a really good raid cd.

it would make it op as fuck , i would rather see them do 60% chance to reduce damage of damage source by 20%. so it has a chance to do it, thus upping the chance of it to occour but not removing the damage fully and increasing the chance, feels way more balanced both for pvp and pve purposes.